Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
If you are the only one competing.... Vote_lcapIf you are the only one competing.... Voting_barIf you are the only one competing.... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
If you are the only one competing.... Vote_lcapIf you are the only one competing.... Voting_barIf you are the only one competing.... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
records Johncarr 80inches songs Audiopipe disc state chef stereo record world finals 2010 broken dollar contest crank crzyblondgrl build silence globe pics kyle drive quad louisiana
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

If you are the only one competing....

Go down 
+14
TeamCobra1
SQ-LS400
Stubbs
jsketoe
SQYUKON
Chris's Studio Civic
firespl
Alarm God
papacueball
saltybeanbag
losspreventionfreak
basher8621
EAllen
OnYrMrk
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

If you are the only one competing.... Empty
PostSubject: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:26 pm

In your class, is that really a win? Sure you get points, but can you honestly say you are the winner?

discuss
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
EAllen
EAllen

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:07 pm

I don't think so. Plus I wouldn't even call it competing. You just happened to show up, pay your fee, and got a trophy. I wasn't even judged at a regional once because there was nobody else in the class.
Back to top Go down
basher8621
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-04-16

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Nope, it is not a true win IMO.
Back to top Go down
losspreventionfreak

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:31 pm

What's this about? Are people bragging that they kick SQ ass...when they can't even lift a foot in reality? Say it ain't so...
Back to top Go down
saltybeanbag
saltybeanbag

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:27 pm

There is no braggin' right when you are the only person in your class.
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:44 am

If you are the only one competing.... 114-congratulations-you-just-beat-t
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:54 am

^^^ That's papa in the middle, BTW. We were proud of him that day! ^^^

If you're the only one in your class, then you paid for a trophy and the judge's time; you didn't "win" anything.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:22 am

Diggin the response. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
basher8621
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:30 am

This thread brings up another thing. What about points champion? Is that something to be bragged about?
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:33 am

Just because you go to a show, pay your dues, and then compete against nobody...kudo's to you. You bought yourself a Points Championship Trophy. I hope it was worth the price of admission.
Back to top Go down
EAllen
EAllen

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:44 pm

That is just another trophy that you can put on the shelf to collect dust.

Should we even have points anymore for SQ?

Maybe I shouldn't ask that question already in a post that is asking a question that is being discussed.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:46 pm

No I do not think that its a win if you are the only one in your class. However there are way to many people that i have seen go up to enter and ask how many people are in their class and change classes to one with no one in it. If its me I ask if there's anyone in my class and if not ask about the class above me, if so enter that class. IMO if there are not enough competitors at an event for multiple classes then I say do an open sq class and put everyone in it... let the flaming begin.
Back to top Go down
losspreventionfreak

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 pm

^That begs the question WTF are the judges or the people registering doing telling ANYONE about who is in what class?

That is starting on the unethical path right there. Is that allowed to happen a lot in competition? I know I refused to allow it to happen at my last comp. It's not the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:28 pm

losspreventionfreak wrote:
^That begs the question WTF are the judges or the people registering doing telling ANYONE about who is in what class?

That is starting on the unethical path right there. Is that allowed to happen a lot in competition? I know I refused to allow it to happen at my last comp. It's not the right thing to do.
I am not sure about that, however on the spl side you just have to look at the monitors for scores and such. I was hoping that the sq side is more organized.
Back to top Go down
losspreventionfreak

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:11 pm

I recall some of the SPL guys at my show trying to see who was in thier class. That didn't last too long.

That being said, if the show is more of a local set, most of the competitors know each other. They should know what classes the others are generally running. With that in mind it;s up to the promoter and the judges to shut that type of behavior down...and really up to the competitor not to be a dishonest ass goblin and do the right thing.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:10 am

Funny, in the 2010 Spring Break Jam, I found I was up against Juan Maldanado, and his red mustang gt. I was worried about my doing well against a Championship car, but, I competed anyway and narrowly beat Juan. I was elated that I did as well as I had. Took first that show and although worried about the outcome, it is the competition that made the decision for me.
Back to top Go down
losspreventionfreak

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:19 am

So really, the people that try to shift classes are...cowards? I like that!

How about the people that brag about winning 1st place in a one entry class? Self centered, shallow morons who need to put up or shut up at finals? Twisted Evil

..and if they cannot win at finals against other vehicles in class and have done all that $hit talking (claiming that they've won so many shows and beat everyone in sight)? They need to have their manhood sewn back on using large stitches and fiberglass thread...
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:41 am

Wow, all the hostility. Them's Fightin words....LOL

I agree, but not in such profanity.

It comes down to this. If you pay for your spot, and you are the only one in the class, you paid for your trophy. Pure and simple.

At Houston Heat Wave last year I was the only one in my class. Took 1st place. The only thing that mattered to me at that show were the 3x points I got.

I will be competing at John Sketoe's show July 9th. I EXPECT to have people in my class, and I will meet them head on. The gauntlet has been thrown down.

It is time to put up or shut up! Let's make SQ about the sound, not about the points. So you are a state or national points champion, come show me what your car or truck sounds like. We are all competitors here. Come out and compete!
Back to top Go down
losspreventionfreak

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:59 am

Fighting words? Good!

Those harsh words were not written for the people who have no issue with competing within their class or are the loud mouth braggart types.

If they are floating around here, bring them to me. I'll be happy to call them to the mat.

Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:46 pm

OnYrMrk wrote:
Wow, all the hostility. Them's Fightin words....LOL

I agree, but not in such profanity.

It comes down to this. If you pay for your spot, and you are the only one in the class, you paid for your trophy. Pure and simple.

At Houston Heat Wave last year I was the only one in my class. Took 1st place. The only thing that mattered to me at that show were the 3x points I got.

I will be competing at John Sketoe's show July 9th. I EXPECT to have people in my class, and I will meet them head on. The gauntlet has been thrown down.

It is time to put up or shut up! Let's make SQ about the sound, not about the points. So you are a state or national points champion, come show me what your car or truck sounds like. We are all competitors here. Come out and compete!

What class are you in? I need to know if I need to change! lol!

Seriously, I had someone do that recently. Running without a sub and moved UP to a class with no one else in it so they could get first place points. I guess they just wanted to get some easy points, or maybe they didn't want a brand name team's vehicle to lose to a 1st year competitor's car with diy drivers. Either way, it stunk, and I was a little disappointed. I'm looking forward to having some competition in the same class (Modified SQ) and quality judging at Sketoe's show.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:21 pm

I am Modified SQ so I will seey ou there Papacueball. And if you are up to it, maybe shoot some pool too. Bring your cue if you have one, if not, I have two.
Back to top Go down
firespl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
firespl

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Very Happy I will be competing on the SQ side for the first time this year- I am looking forward to fun learning experience, I hope sq is a bit more relaxing than the spl side. I will be doing modified SQ, if I win or lose its cool, as long as I have a good time Smile See everyone at Heatwave Austin
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Fire, I look forward to seeing you there! Good luck in the lanes.

I hope that i can make Austin too, but my first grandbaby is due in July and I am taking a bit of a chance going to Sketoe's show, but, it is a chance I have to take.
Back to top Go down
basher8621
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Looks like we are getting some more people out for SQ than last year. This is awesome.
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:55 pm

OnYrMrk wrote:
I am Modified SQ so I will seey ou there Papacueball. And if you are up to it, maybe shoot some pool too. Bring your cue if you have one, if not, I have two.

Awesome. I look forward to it. BTW, the screenname has more to do with my hairline than my skill with a cue. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:54 pm

papacueball wrote:
OnYrMrk wrote:

Awesome. I look forward to it. BTW, the screenname has more to do with my hairline than my skill with a cue. Embarassed

mine too...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:24 pm

Wow, even on DIYMA, they are having this same shootout with integrity.

Check it out!

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/off-topic/108265-car-audio-competition-question.html
Back to top Go down
EAllen
EAllen

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Well at least there aren't manufacturers that are bragging about their competitor doing that.....oh wait.....nevermind. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Wow....stir stir stir....
Back to top Go down
SQYUKON

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:03 pm

People are still losing sleep over this? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you are the only one competing....   If you are the only one competing.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you are the only one competing....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next