Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
some disappointing news Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
some disappointing news Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
some disappointing news Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
some disappointing news Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
some disappointing news Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
some disappointing news Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
some disappointing news Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
some disappointing news Vote_lcapsome disappointing news Voting_barsome disappointing news Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
some disappointing news Vote_lcapsome disappointing news Voting_barsome disappointing news Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
quad kyle contest pics world louisiana crank disc drive record records globe silence state finals crzyblondgrl songs dollar 80inches 2010 Johncarr stereo chef Audiopipe build broken
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

some disappointing news

Go down 
+9
rd s10
scionsoloxb
sanman
Moonie
chrisfish
bruce-bruce
dbdaddy
poundstone
daddy_j
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
daddy_j
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

some disappointing news Empty
PostSubject: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:06 pm

I hooked up 1 of my pf600s at 14volts and hit 156.0 on my three 15" heavyweights at .167ohms before rise. Then I hook up all three on 12volts at .5ohms each and only manage a 156.0dbs. Kinda sad at the moment.

I ran one at 17.5volts at .167 and did a 157.5. I have to get the other 2 modded before I can test all three at 17.5volts.

I hate having to destroy a perfectly good subs, just to recone them. That's gonna suck.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:25 pm

huh do you have a clamp to see what kinda power they are making? hope ya figure it out!!
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:26 pm

no clamp meter, that is my next purchase.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:54 pm

just recone, and make all three amps loaded down.
I know it sucks cutting a new speaker, but just do it. here, maybe this will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjLY3LXGxJk
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:56 pm

I would bet voltage drop with all 3 robs you for power. Remember it takes power to make power.

I wouldnt destory anything, If voltage drop is a issue, the lower impedeance is only going to make the situation worse, Slow down take one thing at a time.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:05 pm

dbdaddy, some bald dude keeps getting his head in the way, lol, just kidding.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:14 pm

I did 157.9 on one d9 and 157.9 on 3 d9's ....
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:16 pm

nice, Im glad I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Just come run SS 0-600......
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 pm

I would if I didn't already have the amps for 601-1800.

update, 2 amps strapped at .167 is only .9dbs louder than 1 at .167ohms. But I already know its voltage at that point. I dropped to 9 volts then the master amp went into protect.
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:47 pm

You obviously dont have the battery power to do anymore, keep it up and you will be paying to repair equipment.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:10 pm

battery power is the key

what batteries are you using and how many

drop is killing and that impedance as well

if you have to run the amp that low that tells you your s10 has way to much rise and the box isnt quite right yet
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:20 pm

going to say your rise is higher than shiit!
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:30 pm

i think so also the rise down around 1.1-.9 is going would be better

my s10 on that setup was 163+
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:38 pm

yep batt power is my problem too i didnt really gain adding a second amp but hopin it will when i get my new batts in!!
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Im redoing a box now, There is no way of knowing your rise before you build a box. That is what sucks. I have the standard s10 box tuned to 73hz, but my rise has to be crazy. I have gotten tips from people who know their stuff, and I still have to do those little things. I'm just waiting on some cash I DJ for a living so I have to wait till around May, that is when I DJ 3 days a week and the cash really flows in. I have a secrete weapons box, but my buddy won't bring it back to my house. He borrowed it, and now it just sits at his house. He knows who he is. I am only using 3 16volt kinetiks (the ones I brought back to life). They are pretty stout, they start at 17.5 and drop down to 14volts when wired to one amp at .167 (before rise). I know my numbers aren't in the 160s yet, but one day.......

I know my box is not the way to go, there has to be something wrong with it. No offense to the master who helped me build it, there is just something wrong with the box. I have to start over I know.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 pm

14v is dead batts on 16v man
16.2 is start charge to sit at 17.2 of they are dropping to 14v then your batts are an issue
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:18 pm

maybe I'm misunderstanding, I have seen Jimbo's 30 batts drop down to 14volts. SO why can't mine drop that low? They sit around 17.3 and with my adjustable alt I set it right around 17.5volts, and when I burp one PF600 at .167 the voltage drops down to ~14 volts during the burp. As soon as the burp is over the voltage rises back up. I know that there is a difference between surface charge and load testing. I just assumed the batts were decent if they were only dropping 2 volts during the burp. I have 4 balloon power masters that would have a 17.4 surface charge and when I burped them the voltage would drop down to 7 volts, that's how I knew it was time to get rid of those power masters. They ballooned because I charged them with a 16 volt turbo charger, but with my kinetiks at the same time. The kinetiks would charge to ~19volts and the power masters didn't like that and got fat. Now they are junk.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:21 pm

he still has more amperage due tot he amount of batteries he has you have 3 and when you suck all the juice out of them like that with only 3 thats why you dont have a great score man

I had scottie johnson explain this to me

and ill be honest jimbo has isue as well if he is dropping that low

my 24 poermasters on 6 d9's at .5 each wouldnt drop that much
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:23 pm

the turbo charger kills powermasters been there done that

you need the powermaster intelicharger and your golden with them batts
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:24 pm

my powermasters would charge at 19.3v
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Man I wouldn't change ur box....work on power..I know our box isn't the problem...with that set up on 12V does 162.4.....did it @ padre and that is with 3 DC xls dual 1s......so we were putting 2000 per sub
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 pm

moonie can i clamp that setup at finals to varify this claim man
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:32 pm

the power masters are garbage now. I have to work with what I have. I will buy 3 more 16 volt batts, and that's just for starters. I was doing 159 with 2 D9s with my "secrete box" but that was on 6 16volt batts, and 15" mojos. Now with the heavyweights I should be able to gain 1 db, and maybe going from 2D9s to 3 cactus pf600s, I should gain a little. That is of coarse if I can keep the voltage up. I know I'm not much competition to the top guys but a 160 would be nice. I have the equipment now I just need the knowledge, hard work, batts, and luck.
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:36 pm

sanman wrote:
moonie can i clamp that setup at finals to varify this claim man
yeah...or I can send u the numbers
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:39 pm

I would like to try someones batts and amps that are putting out serious power in their cars and run some speaker wire to my box (subs) and see what kinda numbers my box is capable of. But there is no one in my area that would allow me to do that. Even though I have done it for a couple of my "team members". I'm not trying to start anything with my teammates, but where are you guys when someone needs you??? Na, I understand everyone's too busy.

Last edited by daddy_j on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:45 pm

That's a good number on one amp....the set up doing 162s on 3 amps did a 158 on just one so once u figure out what ohm u need you will be happy........but u need the voltage
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:49 pm

true that, and thanks for the vote of confidence. I might have to get multiple alts, and real good 16 volt batts.
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:29 pm

daddy_j wrote:
I would if I didn't already have the amps for 601-1800.

update, 2 amps strapped at .167 is only .9dbs louder than 1 at .167ohms. But I already know its voltage at that point. I dropped to 9 volts then the master amp went into protect.
sale 1 so that you will have a back up and make a little cash while doing so.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:01 am

we'll see......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some disappointing news   some disappointing news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some disappointing news
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next