Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Vote_lcapWhat did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Voting_barWhat did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Vote_lcapWhat did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Voting_barWhat did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
drive build stereo broken silence crzyblondgrl world record Audiopipe finals louisiana 2010 kyle 80inches quad crank pics records chef contest state Johncarr globe disc songs dollar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

What did I learn at my first finals.....

Go down 
+18
Nice
The_Rowlands
chrisbaldelli
Stingraysevenout
scoupen
2003f150
Moparbass28
super stock crx
muriloalvares
Alan
sanman
scionsoloxb
Canaan
Alarm God
Upzaw2000
tank2215
n-stereo
strpperpolef150
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
strpperpolef150
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
strpperpolef150

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-04-13

What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was asked this question by a seasoned competitor.....my answer: that rules can and will be bent.

I guess at the most important competition of the year anything flies....
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:59 pm

How my verification went down:

"Open your hood and trunk" - "OK!"
"What kind of battery are you running?" - "A small one, 75 amp-hours, I think"
"Which song are you running?" - "Bass Cube"
"That's not a tone, right?" - "It's definitely music"
"It's a real CD?" - "Yep!"

"OK. You're good" - "Are you sure? That's it?"

Granted, I was 2 or 3rd in line Saturday... and I was/am perfectly legal ... but it felt like I could have easily gotten away with a burned CD (iPod), B-pillar mods, underseat compressed air, tool boxes, etc.

I can see why people feel the way they did in more competitive classes. Luckily SB1 was a McCue nut-hugging party. (i can admit it)
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:10 pm

mines all stock also just some mat
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:49 pm

there was 1 person that used a ipod but im not going to say who,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:10 pm

I know what you're talking about and it's not a big deal to me...

We just need the rules changed so EVERYONE can run music using USB flash drives, iDevices, and MP3 players through auxillary inputs. I would say include MP3 CD's, even though no one would run them since they get skippy.

Is there any way to verify that a song is true to the source? I'd think that a directly-ripped WAV file or FLAC are simple enough to verify, but people should be able to run MP3, WMA, or AAC if they choose. AAC and WMA have protected formats, but that's easily bypassed.

Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:19 pm

yep they did not check batts at all like they said they were......they said have them visable and I know of a few that were hidden and could not be seen.
Back to top Go down
strpperpolef150
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
strpperpolef150

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:30 pm

ha when the guy came to verify nicks van he didnt even ask about batteries...
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:37 pm

If I were there, I could have used my batcaps, lol.
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:25 pm

they made me open the hood, counted and checked the batteries,felt for a heater box. looked to see if everything was behind the b pillar. and thats it. hooked a dmm up at the amps during the run. never looked at the cd
Back to top Go down
bojangles
bojangles

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:12 pm

scionsoloxb wrote:
they made me open the hood, counted and checked the batteries,felt for a heater box. looked to see if everything was behind the b pillar. and thats it. hooked a dmm up at the amps during the run. never looked at the cd

See that's part of my strategy. When you're running a JIMMED up vehicle you need to have a distraction so they overlook it. I have found wearing Batman underwear to work very well. lol! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:18 pm

the adictive audio amps have a manufacturor rating and its actually up to the competitors that dont like it to protest it and have it sent out to be benched for actual power ratings

you cant just look at it and say i thinks its more powerfull.

all you newbies need to start asking the veterans about all this crap before running off at the damm mouth like DONNY said
Back to top Go down
annarbor84
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:32 am

8 18"s in SB4 next year anyone????? Just to let you know what a true SB'r is is..............
Back to top Go down
biscuit
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
biscuit

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:45 am

most yall got off easy, i had to pop hood hatch all doors fold seats show disc and they even crawled in my box! and now this year you cant create a pocket with the floormat either...
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:09 pm

they checked my van pretty good knocked on the head liner, felt for heater box checked all vents ,tapped on the doors , only thing not done was they never checked my cd i used
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:18 pm

HA! Rowlands... you have hundreds of test CDs. Anyone who knows anything, knows you own the real CD, and the moral integrity not to add a tone to Feminem. pirat

The rest of our buzzy competitors were toning away, but that's because a certain song is still legal (as it should be).
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:50 pm

biscuit wrote:
most yall got off easy, i had to pop hood hatch all doors fold seats show disc and they even crawled in my box! and now this year you cant create a pocket with the floormat either...
that depends on who you are and what lane your in.. i know people who did and didnt ..
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Street Beat rules are going to be modified for 2011 to make foward of the "b" post stock. Will most likely follow the guidlines for modified class.

Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:56 pm

USACI wrote:
Street Beat rules are going to be modified for 2011 to make foward of the "b" post stock. Will most likely follow the guidlines for modified class.

Not to be an a$$ but which version of stock? If its going to follow mod then do we get more than one alternator? will there be a rough draft posted before the final rules are posted?
Back to top Go down
strpperpolef150
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
strpperpolef150

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:52 pm

sanman wrote:
the adictive audio amps have a manufacturor rating and its actually up to the competitors that dont like it to protest it and have it sent out to be benched for actual power ratings

all you newbies need to start asking the veterans about all this crap before running off at the damm mouth like DONNY said

we tried. Myself and a few others talked to ralph numerous times about the issue. When the issue was first raised he pulled the truck out of the lane. We talked about it and Ralph said that the owner refused to send the amp in for testing as it would not pass. The owner said it might have a 4 ohm rating of 800-900. There are other people who have heard 1100 but going by the rule that says if the 4 ohm is unknown just divide the 1 ohm by 4 that would put the amp well over 900. Not to mention ralph stated the amps were not available to consumer and should be put in unlimited class. After all of that he still let them run.
Back to top Go down
strpperpolef150
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
strpperpolef150

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Also will we be allowed 16v setups?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:21 pm

strpperpolef150 wrote:
sanman wrote:

we tried. Myself and a few others talked to ralph numerous times about the issue. When the issue was first raised he pulled the truck out of the lane. We talked about it and Ralph said that the owner refused to send the amp in for testing as it would not pass. The owner said it might have a 4 ohm rating of 800-900. There are other people who have heard 1100 but going by the rule that says if the 4 ohm is unknown just divide the 1 ohm by 4 that would put the amp well over 900. Not to mention ralph stated the amps were not available to consumer and should be put in unlimited class. After all of that he still let them run.

this is true. the words where " with only 50 produced , they shouldnt even be allowed. but im trying to be nice "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did I learn at my first finals.....   What did I learn at my first finals..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did I learn at my first finals.....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2