Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Vote_lcapWhats a good brand to have in a shop? Voting_barWhats a good brand to have in a shop? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Vote_lcapWhats a good brand to have in a shop? Voting_barWhats a good brand to have in a shop? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
broken crank silence louisiana pics stereo chef drive Johncarr world 2010 record finals quad records globe Audiopipe kyle crzyblondgrl contest state dollar 80inches disc songs build
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Whats a good brand to have in a shop?

Go down 
+16
XFL-Leader
mschwitz
Matt_Sibley
Stingraysevenout
jkrob21
supadave
Moonie
zacdavis
FUZ-T.C.C.
AudioAnonymous
caleb8re
p_fitzpatrick
chrisfish
sanman
The_Rowlands
SQcrewcab
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SQcrewcab
Above Average Contributor
SQcrewcab

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Empty
PostSubject: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Hey guys, a very very good friend of mine is on the hunt for a new company to have in his shop. He wants someone that has a wide range of product. Coax, comps, amps, subs differnt price levels.. I told him i would ask on here because i value your guys input. oh, would also like them to be some what exclusive.

Last edited by SQcrewcab on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:51 pm

ya know my answer
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Yes, you know i already told him that.. lmao.. thanks. Problem is, another shop in town carrys them. Well, they used to have it all..quantum, db drive and hypnotic. but i think they only carry the quantum now so not sure if he can pick up db drive

Last edited by SQcrewcab on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:52 pm

and alpine for decks
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:07 pm

just found a similar topic in "shop talk" my bad..
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:21 pm

american bass always did well for my home boiii here in town
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:39 pm

nice. thanks Jeff
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Memphis has been good for me!
Back to top Go down
p_fitzpatrick
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
p_fitzpatrick

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Powerbass has a little of everything for most price ranges.
Back to top Go down
caleb8re
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
caleb8re

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:49 pm

my buddy just brought in db drive and hes selling the Dung Pile outta it nice lower line and good prices
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Cactus Sounds. They are looking for dealers in the ole' USA.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Powerbass, total mobile audio tma is good and entry level pricing. Any maxxsonic brand is cheap and sells good. Kenwood hu's, knu koncepts wire, xs or kinetik batts
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:38 pm

MMats = ...3yr warranty on all amps, 2 yr on subs
..............All products designed AND assembled 100% in the USA
..............No unauthorized internet sales so you have good margins
..............Territory offered
..............Excellent customer support

Digital Designs = ...Built in the USA
........................Absolutely no internet sales keep margins high

Diamond = ...Great product, wide range from low budget to high end
.................Internet sales exclusive to only a few that sell at MAP.

Those are my suggestions.
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks guys.. Zac, he is a DD dealer now, just looking for something else to go with it.. I like the ideas guys.. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:20 pm

pyramid man
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Dang, didnt even think of that. If he picks that up, and he can drop Pyle.. LOL
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:32 pm

Memphis......makes you money......DC makes money...DB makes money.....that's what I carry in my shop....
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:06 am

dc will deff make you some money now an so will aq an dd i think too. umm most of the high end stuff like alpine , kenwood, pioneer are all online now an can get for some really good prices sometimes beter than what you can buy in a shopt so i would only run a few of those if any. good luck though aaron i hope your buddy do well man
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:10 am

Hertz, Audison, Ultra, Hybrid. Covers everything from entry level to uber high end.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:00 am

You can still carry DB if you wanted it is not territory protected at all....... So get it and sell it cheaper than the fool down the street........

It does well for me

as well as memphis,kicker,RF,Mtx,pioneer, kenwood they all do very well but best bang for our buck is hands down DB Drive
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:22 am

DB Drive does have a very broad selection of product thats for sure.
He is also checking into the Audision and Hertz.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Where is the shop located? What is his primary customer base? Asking what brand to bring in should probably be one of the last questions you ask after doing some market research in the area.

For instance, if clientele want 6 12's regardless of if they are $40 and cheap or not, just to say they have 6 12's you bring in brand X. If the majority of clientele want good sound and not a lot of bass, bring in Focal, Audison, Hertz, JL Audio, etc.

Research your customer base before deciding what other brand you may want to bring on. Is there a particular section of your customers you have nothing to offer? If so, consider filling that gap. If your friend has already answered many of these questions, please provide that info so we might can make better suggestions to help make the business more profitable Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:07 pm

For real......if you want to make money???? Its about the brands that you don't see online...you can make it what you want....I have to thank Memphis car audio and my number one installer for making my life better...and I pay top dollar for my installer...50% comissoin on labor and 25% on product....no one pays like that...but Memphis and DC make it like that...QUAD......12V is alive!
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:15 pm

as moonie said, his bigest concern is a company that is some what exlusive and for sure, not available on Egay..
I know he needs a company that had a bit of everything, amps, subs, coax, comps, marine is good also. Price wise, i think he is looking for the range of for example 10" subs... MAP around $175 or less.. lower to middle line cost wise. Most of his installs are single or dual sub. You dont see very many big spenders in our area.
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Hey I sell above retail.....I have awesome customer service....they pay exrta for that
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Memphis pr12s4 retails at 99.....I sell them at 149....everyday!
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:10 am

ULTRA!!!!

Components, coaxial (coming soon) amps, 3 levels of subs. No internet sales, protected territory, great dealer support. PM me for more info, great profit line that your customers can't find on the net or at the guy next door.
Back to top Go down
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:27 am

I haven't seen anyone mention Sound Stream. Do they not have a wide variety in the line? I don't carry the line myself. But, our other store has been doing well with it. I would have to say that I have considered it.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:19 am

SQcrewcab wrote:
as moonie said, his bigest concern is a company that is some what exlusive and for sure, not available on Egay..
I know he needs a company that had a bit of everything, amps, subs, coax, comps, marine is good also. Price wise, i think he is looking for the range of for example 10" subs... MAP around $175 or less.. lower to middle line cost wise. Most of his installs are single or dual sub. You dont see very many big spenders in our area.

Ultra covers all of that. Marine grade, not on egay, 10" subs under $175, high effciency on subwoofers, 3 year warranty......Pm me if you want more info on Ultra.
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 pm

I would say DD but my friend is a dealer and he is having problems with dealers in his state selling way below map we have heard of other shops selling M2s for 459 and M3s for 850 which is way below map and he has told reps at DD about this and it seems like that don't care.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good brand to have in a shop?   Whats a good brand to have in a shop? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats a good brand to have in a shop?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next