Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_lcapkeep the class or change them - Page 2 Voting_barkeep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_lcapkeep the class or change them - Page 2 Voting_barkeep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
state pics globe crzyblondgrl chef dollar drive disc Audiopipe songs silence louisiana records finals contest Johncarr kyle crank stereo record broken 80inches 2010 build quad world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

keep the class or change them

Go down 
+16
Stingraysevenout
JustinTD
DMAN
El Jimador
Twisted Image
aho77
Upzaw2000
Matt_Sibley
scionsoloxb
SPL Blazer
TECH114
Talonesi
sanman
Gabe Sanchez
chrisfish
rd s10
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

keep them or change them
keep the same as 09
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 14 ]
keep them but combine 1800-3k and 3k plus
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 5 ]
chnage them to the same as mod
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
go back to 0-150/150-300/301plus
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
go to 2 stock 0-1000/1001-2k 2 amps 4 amps and pro 0-1000/ 1001-3k/ 3k plus 2 4 no limit
keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%keep the class or change them - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

keep the class or change them - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

like it says
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 am

Well isaid it 4 times Jeff said it a few u said it a fee times so I'll say 5x more
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:47 am

thats too bad, it's worked in my shows all season, figured it would also help USACi gain new members, guess you guys think USACi is too good to get serious about gaining new members.
Back to top Go down
El Jimador
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:01 pm

It works in unsanctioned competitions, but it that really good for the sport?
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:58 pm

I don't see why not, every one of the more serious Amateur competitors I've seen has gone to either a dB Drags or a USACi show to compete, and some have won in their classes, some haven't. If IASCA or MECA were closer to the Northeast I'm sure they'd have gone to those shows too. And by good for the sport, are you just referring to USACi? Cause USACi is just one group in "The Sport", any competition regardless of who runs it and regardless of the format is still the same "sport", it's still SPL competitions.
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:01 pm

I actually asked this question to a bunch of competitors at the USACi show in CT yesterday, and not one person I talked to had a problem with USACi coming up with an Amateur/Rookie class, including a few of the Big guys from the Northeast.
Back to top Go down
JustinTD
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
JustinTD

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:37 pm

I think an amateur class is a good idea... this sports isn't like crack where you take a hit and get hooked, people need exposure, more like weed.

Think of it this way... you're the loudest high school kid or dope head in your group of friends, you wanna show your stength so you go to an SPL show to compete ... you've invested $2000.00 - $3000.00 into your system (say you bought a Memphis 1000.1D, 2x Memphis M3 15's, ran 40' of 4ga wire, upgraded to an Optima battery, and put in a 10 farrad cap ... remember, alot of people build off what they see on shows like Pimp my Ride and the like, not what works in real life), you go to the show and compete in 0-600 Stock, someone comes along in a beat ass old looking car and drops you by 5-10 dB ... do you really wanna come back? No, most people I know would say "F this Sh*t! I dropped 3G into my system I ain't dumpin another 3G into just to beat this guy ... I'll just go home and get stoned."

I don't think you need to cater to these kids either, but you need to give them a ray of hope. If you get beat by 10dB or 3dB, which is more attainable to the untrained person with a least cost expense?

Make a couple of amatuer classes ---OR--- push judges to utilize the Local Class's ... just don't forget, every class you add means more money the show sponsor or judge has to pay out for trophies etc...

And as far as bashing the East Coast goes ... let me be clear on a few things:
1. Alot of us CANNOT afford to go out to the midwest/west for finals ... we just don't have the money.
2. As I recall, the NE took home several 1-3 place spots in a several classes this year (again gratz to Kumar, George, Garry, Mike) ... I think it was 4 1st place and 4 2nd place.
3. We aren't being cry babies as you call, but up here competition is scarce at best, and we want more ... we talk to the new people and ask them why they quit, and the above is what we here alot.

And as I said before, some of you people need to come down off your high horses ... your attitude is another reason people don't come back. No one wants to ask for help when all they here is "Test man" instead "Well you can try xxx and yyy ... if those don't work come and see me and I'll try to help you out." No, it seems like alot of people are more concerned with making sure no new people can challenge them...
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:48 pm

Completly untrue i help whoever the F U C K has ever asked so try again Homie.... HIgh horse lol most vets do help a little then get stabbed in the back so we then just limit who we do help.. Why help someone that wants to just be lazy and not even do half the things you do suggest .. You see them at another show and they havent' done what you said but still wanting help.. Well pal i dont help them EVER again because well THEY ARE LAZYAND DIDN'T DO THE FIRST THING SO WHY IN THE F U C K WOULD I HELP AGAIN......LOL

Anyway thats a cop out excuse try again.
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:56 pm

There are always exceptions to this, I run into the same thing with some new guys, they ask for advice and never take it, so with those guys I won't give it again. But there are also those that do take the advice and put it to good use.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 pm

all i see is the northeast guys beggin for a beginners class, and to be truthfull aint none of you guiys out there loud in the stock classes wich is where a beginner belongs so whats the real deal?????????????

usaci has a local class this is where the beginners belong get the fornicate over it its not going to change fella's.

you dnt like what i got to say then stop reading it because noone is forcing you to.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:19 pm

I do this is just like beating a dead horse though... Its your director their that has a problem... He needs to offer what usaci has to offer and obviously he isn't so tell that mofo to offer what he is supposed too.... Hell or tell me who it is and i call and tatle on him to Ralph im not shy . It sounds like that director needs to get his head out of his asssss honestly.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:20 pm

why dont yall offer the beginners class seems like the issue is whith yall

and the northeast has never ever ever ever in the 7 years i have been in usaci had a good comp base for us.

if usaci has a class for beginners and yall arent offering it then the issue isnt with usaci its with your director so straighten him out. Its his fault that the class isnt being offered not all of ours.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:21 pm

see me and jimbo are on the same page with this
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:24 pm

We do offer the trunk class, but the "local class" is supposed to be offered and designed by the shop hosting the show, at least thats what the rules say. So if a shop doesn't want to pay extra for this class then it's not gonna be offered.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:31 pm

No No bro it doesn't cost extra !!!!!! It is wow omg.... Who is your director anyway???????? Seriouse now who is it cause they are not doing it right i PROMISE YOU THAT..

Jeff we are on same page fo sho that director needs to be more informed or his region WONT grow...
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:48 pm

Mark Lefurgy<<<<<<<<<<<<<<NEEDS TO GET A CLUE..... I guess he is the one that doesnt care not US. OR USACI
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:03 pm

He never said it cost extra, I never asked him either. But if it doesn't cost more then what are they gonna hand out? Additional trophies for additional classes costs extra money, someone's gotta pay for those. And there isn't anything listed on the USACi rules and classes about a "Local" class, but I do remember seeing it on the forums at the beginning of the season. And as I recall it was a class to be decided by the shop hosting the show, not the event director.

And the Trunk classes aren't rookie classes either. So the only actual class that could be considered "Rookie" would be the local classes, that have no listings here on the site. Unless someone can show me a link as to where it's listed on the site.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:14 pm

dont need to show you anything this is something that is being told to you by 2 veterans, and if you really wanna know more pick up the dam phone and call USACI themselves

this is why we flourish in the midwest because we have directors that care, and offer classes for everyone, and beleive me if a class isnt being offered someone will step up and call them out on it to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:24 pm

sanman wrote:
dont need to show you anything this is something that is being told to you by 2 veterans, and if you really wanna know more pick up the dam phone and call USACI themselves

Sounds like you have no clue where it is either, or your just a lazy ass and don't like offering any real input. Just cause you claim to be a veteran competitor doesn't mean anything.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:27 pm

im someone that knows what they are talking about are you the director because you are taking this personally.

call usaci stop being a cry baby like i said before
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:35 pm

No, I'm not a director nor would I ever want to be one. The one we have is doing a good job now, downside for him is the one he replaced ruined USACi in the eyes of local shops and very few want to have a show, let alone additional classes.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Yes, Mark means well but the USACi name has been damaged by the previous director.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Look at it like this splblazer.... The class is there if you use it it doesn't cost extra the entry fee the director will get will more than cover the cost of the trophie is why they dont charge extra.... Unless he is doing 10 entry fees well then i see your point.... Really i dont what to tell you except maybe someone needs to educate your director on how to go about things.. If you kewl with him give him a call and discuss what you can do to help him... The classes are there to be used but if nobody asks the director and just complains on here or to main office its still has to start with educating your director even thoughits supposed to be the director educating you... If you want change sounds like you need to start with this.. Seems like we can talk ourselves blue in the face and you still wont understand what we are saying and we are not understanding your points but i hope i put it morecut and dry...... Educate yourDirector that is where i would start..
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Nice wrote:
Yes, Mark means well but the USACi name has been damaged by the previous director.

Nice sounds like maybe between you and these other guys we can Educate him on some changes and maybe be his representitive and hit up your local shops how this man has changed for the better... Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:53 pm

I've tried that with these shops in my area, but other organizations go to the shops with lower prices and USACi ends up getting "out bid".
Back to top Go down
JustinTD
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
JustinTD

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:07 pm

Regarding no on the Northeast being loud ... ok let's look at that, these results are the last posted ones prior to finals ....

Stock 0-600 - Team ACT Audio, 151.1 - Only 7 states reporting a first place person louder. That person is now doing 152.3+

Stock 601-1800 - Team ACT Audio, 153.7 - Only 9 states reporting a first place person louder. That person is now doing 155.5+

Street Beat 2 - Team ACT Audio, 150.7 - Only 3 states reporting a first place person louder.

Street Beat 3 - Team ACT Audio 151.7 - Only 4 states reporting a first place person louder.

And then you have our World Finals 2009 Guys:
Modified 0-1000: George, 2nd place.
Modified 1001-2000: Kumar, 1st place.
Modified 1001-2000: Garry, 4th place.
Modified 4K+: Mike, 1st place.
Street Beat 5: Mike, 2nd place.
Super Mod 0-4000: George, 1st place.
Super Mod 0-4000: Garry, 2nd place.

So you do the math and tell me no one in the NE is loud... how about you STFU K thnx buh bye.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:10 pm

Easy trigger i never said shhit about loud i just want your director to do worth a F U C K

is all but no problem like i give a fuckk if yall do what when and where... Later
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:33 pm

sanman wrote:

this is why we flourish in the midwest because we have directors that care, and offer classes for everyone, and beleive me if a class isnt being offered someone will step up and call them out on it to make it happen.

texas too
Back to top Go down
JustinTD
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
JustinTD

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Stingraysevenout wrote:
Easy trigger i never said shhit about loud i just want your director to do worth a F U C K

is all but no problem like i give a fuckk if yall do what when and where... Later

I never said you did, but Sanman said ...
SanMan wrote:
all i see is the northeast guys beggin for a beginners class, and to be truthfull aint none of you guiys out there loud in the stock classes wich is where a beginner belongs so whats the real deal?????????????

taht's what I was rebutting ...
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:44 pm

The class your calling the beginner class is the "local" class, this is a class for the shop to offer to their customers, in order to get their customers to come out and compete, and hopefully buy more from their shop. This rules for this class are supposed to be designed by the hosting shop, But these shops aren't interested in adding these classes, they just want a show and thats it, they have no interest in adding these classes for beginners. So if they don't want the class thats designed for their own customers then the Director has no reason to offer it, after all, the rules for it are supposed to be designed by the shop, not the director.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:52 pm

I GIVE UP YOU GUYS ARE LIKE TRYING TO EXPLAIN SOMTHING TO QAUD...LOL

keep the class or change them - Page 2 Thbadluck9jm

AND TALKIG TO YOU GUYS IS ALSO LIKE

keep the class or change them - Page 2 Horse

AND THIS IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE NEW GUY THAT RUNS WITH YOU GUYS

keep the class or change them - Page 2 Thmeter

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

keep the class or change them - Page 2 Funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

keep the class or change them
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next