Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
keep the class or change them Vote_lcapkeep the class or change them Voting_barkeep the class or change them Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
keep the class or change them Vote_lcapkeep the class or change them Voting_barkeep the class or change them Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl state quad build finals silence stereo pics Johncarr broken songs contest chef 2010 records globe louisiana record dollar Audiopipe crank kyle drive disc 80inches world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

keep the class or change them

Go down 
+16
Stingraysevenout
JustinTD
DMAN
El Jimador
Twisted Image
aho77
Upzaw2000
Matt_Sibley
scionsoloxb
SPL Blazer
TECH114
Talonesi
sanman
Gabe Sanchez
chrisfish
rd s10
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

keep them or change them
keep the same as 09
keep the class or change them Vote_lcap47%keep the class or change them Vote_rcap
 47% [ 14 ]
keep them but combine 1800-3k and 3k plus
keep the class or change them Vote_lcap17%keep the class or change them Vote_rcap
 17% [ 5 ]
chnage them to the same as mod
keep the class or change them Vote_lcap13%keep the class or change them Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
go back to 0-150/150-300/301plus
keep the class or change them Vote_lcap13%keep the class or change them Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
go to 2 stock 0-1000/1001-2k 2 amps 4 amps and pro 0-1000/ 1001-3k/ 3k plus 2 4 no limit
keep the class or change them Vote_lcap10%keep the class or change them Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

keep the class or change them Empty
PostSubject: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:10 pm

like it says
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 9:23 pm

i was joking about the 0-150 lol
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 9:49 pm

rd s10 wrote:
i was joking about the 0-150 lol
I like it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Above Average Contributor
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:07 pm

Combine the classes! There isn't enough people in the classes anymore not to be combined.

Look at the trunk class ... you all wanted it, it was created, and look at the outcome. In order for this sport to be COMPETITIVE, there needs to be COMPETITION in classes, and I am not talking about one other person.

COMBINE the classes.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:10 pm

0-600
601-1800
1801-3k

both stock and pro stock
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:30 pm

yeah i like that idea no one has to spend money on 6-12 amps.... and 1800-3k was the class i wanted to run anyways lol
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:30 pm

then they got rid of it
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:25 pm

yeah no Dung Pile i wanted to run 18-3 another year myself
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:34 pm

Keep it the same..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
SPL Blazer

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:22 pm

I'd like to see USACi dump the Pro Stock classes, there's really no reason for those anymore. Anyone competing can get gear at a discount or knows someone that knows someone and can get their gear at a huge discount.

And the trunk class was a good idea, but the 4 ohm rating needs to go. Having a 1000 watts limit for 1 class and a 2000 watt limit for the next class would be the best idea. A lot of Rookies have no idea what their 4 ohm rating is, so it's one more thing to push them away. A lot of rookies I talk to don't want to do USACi cause of the 4 ohm ratings too, it's not fair to a new guy that only has a 2 ohm stable amp and can only get half the power of a 1 ohm stable amp that a another guy has. Never mind cheater amps, you have one guy that knows what he's doing using a an amp rated for 600 watts at 4 ohms and it's really putting out over 3K, and a rookie comes out to a show thinking he has a chance cause his amp puts out 1000 @ 4 ohms but is only a 2 ohm stable amp, so he's getting about 2K. This guy will get beat and he's not going to come back, and he will say this to his friends, who will also not come out. Of course he should just get a 1 ohm stable amp, but you aren't going to get new competitors if they think they're going to have buy a new amp just so they can compete, it's not worth it for them. Now, if USACi made it more rookie friendly and just put a cap on the rated power, like 1K or 2K that would make it fair to the rookie competitors and USACi would see more guys come out and keep coming back.

I mean this for the Trunk/Rookie classes, not for the Stock and modified classes.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:18 pm

so what i get out of the rambling you just did along with others that keep harping on a level playing feild for the newbs is if they dont win they wont come back so lets break this down shall we

newbs get 2 new classes

newb1=
0-1000 they have an amp that does 1000@1ohm
there is 22 people in this class top 5 get trophies

newb2=
1001-3k there amps do 3k@1ohm
there is 30 newbs in this class top 5 get trophies.

so in total thats 52 newbs all togather 10 getting trophies and 42 leave because they didnt fornicating win

is this what im getting fro you guys becasue if so let the little thumb sucking momas boiiii's go hit the sega/nintendo/xbox 360 or what ever it is they can hit restart on and get a better score

this is life, and its not suppose to be asy if it was we would all be able to say we are winners thats not the dammm case.

nothing is a givin in this world, and you have to work your ass off to earn it thats how it should be. wanna play you have to pay your dues li9ke everyone else.

NOUGH SAID
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:44 pm

werd!
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:48 pm

sanman wrote:
so what i get out of the rambling you just did along with others that keep harping on a level playing feild for the newbs is if they dont win they wont come back so lets break this down shall we

newbs get 2 new classes

newb1=
0-1000 they have an amp that does 1000@1ohm
there is 22 people in this class top 5 get trophies

newb2=
1001-3k there amps do 3k@1ohm
there is 30 newbs in this class top 5 get trophies.

so in total thats 52 newbs all togather 10 getting trophies and 42 leave because they didnt fornicating win

is this what im getting fro you guys becasue if so let the little thumb sucking momas boiiii's go hit the sega/nintendo/xbox 360 or what ever it is they can hit restart on and get a better score

this is life, and its not suppose to be asy if it was we would all be able to say we are winners thats not the dammm case.

nothing is a givin in this world, and you have to work your ass off to earn it thats how it should be. wanna play you have to pay your dues li9ke everyone else.

NOUGH SAID

I have to agree. Losing pushed me to be better. A big reason I don't compete, money aside, is there is very little if any competition all year until you get to finals. Then the cost of going to finals and the cost of equipment to compete is so high and I don't have closet space for another 7ft trophy.

All BS aside, if things got more competitive in the various regions I might would enjoy it again! I see people jump classes at every show to make sure they get first. Pick a class, run it. If you win, awesome, if you lose, get better.

NBA teams can't decide to switch divisions just because the Lakers are in their division, no they go practice and do their best to win and eventually someone does!
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:30 pm

nope nun should be easy... no newb classes... some stuff should probably be simplified tho...

i have seen several times people discouraged from competing becasue they dont understand what class they should go in... jenissa has done a great job and taken advantage of this with her local classes.

i still say more sb classes... they are dominitatng and my guess is next year it will be twice as popular.
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:14 pm

competing can get gear at a discount or knows someone that knows someone and can get their gear at a huge discount.

And the trunk class was a good idea, but the 4 ohm rating needs to go. Having a 1000 watts limit for 1 class and a 2000 watt limit for the next class would be the best idea. A lot of Rookies have no idea what their 4 ohm rating is, so it's one more thing to push them away. A lot of rookies I talk to don't want to do USACi cause of the 4 ohm ratings too, it's not fair to a new guy that only has a 2 ohm stable amp and can only get half the power of a 1 ohm stable amp that a another guy has. Never mind cheater amps, you have one guy that knows what he's doing using a an amp rated for 600 watts at 4 ohms and it's really putting out over 3K, and a rookie comes out to a show thinking he has a chance cause his amp puts out 1000 @ 4 ohms but is only a 2 ohm stable amp, so he's getting about 2K. This guy will get beat and he's not going to come back, and he will say this to his friends, who will also not come out. Of course he should just get a 1 ohm stable amp, but you aren't going to get new competitors if they think they're going to have buy a new amp just so they can compete, it's not worth it for them. Now, if USACi made it more rookie friendly and just put a cap on the rated power, like 1K or 2K that would make it fair to the rookie competitors and USACi would see more guys come out and keep coming back.

I mean this for the Trunk/Rookie classes, not for the Stock and modified classes.

the problem lies in when a rookie shows up or some one asks well i dont know where i need to be it needs to be asked what is the 4 ohm rating on ur amp not just oh whats ur amp and then he says oh a 4000 watt amp well he doesnt know its not putting out 4000 watts he thinks it is cus it a 4000 rated amp and then thay just throw him in with a guy that has a cheter amp in the 4000 watt class and gets his a$$ stomped, i was that guy at the first of the year, and that guy is put in the right class and his first show and no one is in his class and gets first and sees differnt set ups will go back to his buddys and say u need to do this and get other involved and the organizion will grow etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.ahoaudio.com
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Gabe Sanchez wrote:
Combine the classes! There isn't enough people in the classes anymore not to be combined.

Look at the trunk class ... you all wanted it, it was created, and look at the outcome. In order for this sport to be COMPETITIVE, there needs to be COMPETITION in classes, and I am not talking about one other person.

COMBINE the classes.

100% I thought I was competing, not just going to shows to pick on little kids. But im hopfully gonna push some new blood into the sport, I dont have the heart for this, im gonna do something else.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:53 pm

dunt dunt dunt!
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:48 am

aho77 wrote:

the problem lies in when a rookie shows up or some one asks well i dont know where i need to be it needs to be asked what is the 4 ohm rating on ur amp not just oh whats ur amp and then he says oh a 4000 watt amp well he doesnt know its not putting out 4000 watts he thinks it is cus it a 4000 rated amp and then thay just throw him in with a guy that has a cheter amp in the 4000 watt class and gets his a$$ stomped, i was that guy at the first of the year, and that guy is put in the right class and his first show and no one is in his class and gets first and sees differnt set ups will go back to his buddys and say u need to do this and get other involved and the organizion will grow etc

This is the same type thing I've seen at USACi shows the past couple years. A new guy comes out with his Rockford 2 ohm stable 1500 watt amp and is placed in the same class as someone like me that was running an MA Audio HK4000D, or someone with an event bigger amp. These guys couldn't even place, and when they asked about it and were told about some amps being re-rated and the 4 ohm rule and such these guys got pissed, and none of them ever came back to USACi. But they did go to other orgs like dB Drags.
Back to top Go down
El Jimador
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:18 am

That doesn't make much sense. I think USACI is a litttle easier of an org for beginners. O-600 stock takes one good amp a couple good batteries and a few good subs to be competitive. $2000 or less, may not win finals but it will get you there and you learn as you go.
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:43 am

A good amp, so would that be a normal amp a rookie would have like a Kicker ZX1000.1 that only puts out a 1000 watts, or how about a Rockford T1500-1bd which would put out 1500 watts. Or would an amp like the DD M3 that puts out over 3K be a rookie amp? Anyone thats competed in 0-600 would know about the DD M3 and own one of those, which is great for someone thats not a rookie, but a rookie is most likely to own an amp he bought at Best Buy, and he'll get his ass handed to him using such an amp.

Db Drags has done something like this with their Street Stock class, it has a 2K limit and only allows stamped steel basket subs. Some of the event judges even clamp the amps to make sure they're really 2K or below. This is a pretty fair way to make a rookie class, it really evens out the playing field so the equipment is what a rookie would actually own, and the class is for music only, which is also better for a rookie.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:48 am

I wasn't picking on you Jeff. I just remember all the people saying yes to the trunk class. If you look back I was completely against it. They all said they would compete in it. I only saw you in the end. That is why I say combine the classes. We need to stop catering to the cry babies that want their own class to compete in.
Back to top Go down
El Jimador
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:51 am

Guess what man I have never used a dd amp and I got second place my first year. Anybody with any sense would seek help or advice from sombody with more experience than himself and thats exactly what I did. Somebody steared me the right direction.
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:13 am

its very simple all a beginers call would do is let some one be competive for there first year.... then they will try and stay in that class because they are scared of the vets.... and not move up.... i quess people forgot about basic stock 1st year competors then they had to move to super stock and in the rules it sayid that you place top 3 at 3 world finals you had to move up....

then you got the guy who are not loud and cry because everyone is louder... i got beat by a s10 i got beat by a crx i got beat by a homo.. it very simple this soprt isnt cheap and the ppl who going to strive are the ppl who get beat and get louder....

no shut up and get loud
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:07 pm

COMPETITORS FROM THE NORTHEAST

OK IMA GIVE PROPS TO THOSE WHO DESERVE IT FIRST SO HERE GOES.

MUMAR/GEORGE AND THAT WHOLE CREW THAT HAS BEEN WITH USACI FOR YEARS NOW, AND THE NEW GUY WITH PERILLOS VAN.

NOW ON TO THE REST OF YOU GUYS IN THE NORTH EAST THAT JUST TALK Dung Pile THROW A FIT AND STAY HOME BECAUSE YOUR SO PISSED OFF YOU RATHER SEE DRAG DIE THAN SUPPORT IT.

SO WITH THAT SAID YOUR OPRINION DOESNT REALLY MATTER TOP ME CRY BABY
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:05 pm

So I guess as far as your concerned if you compete in USACi shows, but don't actually go to finals then your a cry baby and just stay home being pissed off? Your so clueless.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:33 pm

no im someone that has been here and seen alot of people try to change Dung Pile wich runs more people off than it brings in

go back to drag and "Female dog" over there then a year from now wounder why its still dying out
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:43 pm

Anytime you make a change it's gonna piss someone off, thats a given. The hope is the changes made will benefit the sport, not hurt it. The sport is losing veteran competitors, and not gaining enough rookie competitors to move up and fill those spots.

One way of gaining new rookie competitors and keeping them is by having a rookies only class and limit them to 1 season, or a limited number of points per season or something along those lines will give the rookies a chance to compete and learn as they go for their 1st season, then they'll have to move up to the Stock or Pro Stock classes for their 2nd season. Maybe these rookies are cry babies as you put it, but if you don't give them the chance to get hooked on the sport then the sport will eventually die off, and sooner not later.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:59 pm

our sport this one over here hasnt lost any veterans in a while

please i asked the other guy this with no answer how do you police the rookie class.

you get hooked on a sport for the love of doing it not just winning.

do you go shoot ball, and did you do it in highschool if so, and if so you surely aint in the nbs now althought you still do it for the love of it correct.

Passion man thats what should fuel people not a entry level easy ass class.
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:31 pm

sanman wrote:

Passion man thats what should fuel people not a entry level easy ass class.

Well said Jeff, I cant even get loud and I still compete, finals every year, its passion for the sport nuff said........
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
El Jimador
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:58 am

SPL Blazer wrote:
Anytime you make a change it's gonna piss someone off, thats a given. The hope is the changes made will benefit the sport, not hurt it. The sport is losing veteran competitors, and not gaining enough rookie competitors to move up and fill those spots.

One way of gaining new rookie competitors and keeping them is by having a rookies only class and limit them to 1 season, or a limited number of points per season or something along those lines will give the rookies a chance to compete and learn as they go for their 1st season, then they'll have to move up to the Stock or Pro Stock classes for their 2nd season. Maybe these rookies are cry babies as you put it, but if you don't give them the chance to get hooked on the sport then the sport will eventually die off, and sooner not later.

How many times does it have to be said that the beginner class idea has already been tried and didn't work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: keep the class or change them   keep the class or change them Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

keep the class or change them
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next