Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Vote_lcapsilence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Voting_barsilence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Vote_lcapsilence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Voting_barsilence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
broken record kyle silence louisiana crank state Audiopipe 80inches quad drive crzyblondgrl build globe pics finals stereo contest songs world Johncarr dollar chef disc 2010 records
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Broken Silence SB5 run

Go down 
+29
splbox
2loudcrew
SBJL
slumpinhonda
Mike Jaffe
The_Rowlands
jdohman
mschwitz
BBGIC
Johncarr
Greg McCool
bruce-bruce
Magoo
supadave
memphis_yota
TeamSpead-Kenny
2003f150
caraudiofreq
mod4000
Navi
Skip01
Team Big'Un
charlesestes
scionsoloxb
sanman
Talonesi
Twisted Image
TECH114
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BArclKz5Tk

cheers Very Happy cheers Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound

AuthorMessage
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 8:41 pm

Jaffe I couldn't agree more a lot comes with finding ur song I learn more from my car and stereo thru all that testing then ever b4
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 8:53 pm

But people that have a STREET BEATER are not gonna tune their setups to ONE SPECIFIC song to get MAX SPL.....thats not the idea of being able to play on the street

Just ride around with ONE song?

I know that's the idea on how to win.....but whats fun about that...being able to only play one song and one note to be loud?
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:00 pm

Skip01 wrote:
But people that have a STREET BEATER are not gonna tune their setups to ONE SPECIFIC song to get MAX SPL.....thats not the idea of being able to play on the street

Just ride around with ONE song?

I know that's the idea on how to win.....but whats fun about that...being able to only play one song and one note to be loud?

ITS CALLED COMPETITION......you want to compete then do your homework and find what song meters best over a 30 second average adn use it!

people do homework with songs and test test test test those are champs!!!

except magoo hes just a girl
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:05 pm

I was under the impression this was supposed to be a class for the new comer not another class for the vets to dominate.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Five classes: Points values for woofers:

SB1
4 Points Maximum 8” Woofer = 1 Point Each
SB2 8 Points Maximum 10” Woofer = 2 Points Each
SB3 16 Points Maximum 12” Woofer = 4 Points Each
SB4 Open, Consumer 15” Woofer = 8 Points Each
SB5 Open, Pros or By Choice 18” Woofer = 16 Points Each
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:08 pm

Street Beat is intended for average store customers in the local market. SB5 is the only class open to industry professionals.

this is from the rules. Nothing in the rules said you need mids or highs. Nothing in the rules said you have to compete in only one class. Nothin in the rules said you can't compete in SPL and SB with the same vehicles..
SB have their own rules from SPL.
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:12 pm

If u read what jaffe says its being used the way it was intended 4 it doesn't say it was 2 bring in newbies it was 2 answer the demand for a new format that included music. Ur impression was wrong
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:16 pm

i thought this post was for charles sb run it got way of topic
Back to top Go down
Johncarr
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Johncarr

Number of posts : 317

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:16 pm

After 2 years of having a one note wonder, I was ready for a streetbeat setup this year. I really see no way in heck we could keep all the vets in just a single class cheers

Congrats Charles cheers

Last edited by Johncarr on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:19 pm

The_Rowlands wrote:
i thought this post was for charles sb run it got way of topic

Thank you. That was the original intent but a few had other intentions..
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:23 pm

U guys r right sorry charles and congrats
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:25 pm

TECH114 wrote:
Street Beat is intended for average store customers in the local market. SB5 is the only class open to industry professionals.

this is from the rules. Nothing in the rules said you need mids or highs. Nothing in the rules said you have to compete in only one class. Nothin in the rules said you can't compete in SPL and SB with the same vehicles..

You're in unlimited. My coments aren't meant But don't tell me the set ups we saw this weekend are from the "average" store customer. I don't know what your local market is like but we aren't selling 8+ amps to any "average" customers for a pair of tens. I know it's competition and I knew it would get like this when it started. I'm a pro and these rules don't affect me other than my "average" customer still has no way to get his feet wet in competition. I'm not out to change these rules for myself, but for the new guy who isn't even into competing yet and deserves a chance to get the bug like we have. Numbers these days are out of hand in all classes for new comers to get into the sport. Look how fast numbers have climbed in the past few years. It's scary to be a new guy and see your 141 that you were proud of destroyed buy a 158. That's great motivation for the next generation to want to get into this sport. I understand why and how it got to where it is, but what about the new guys wanting to get started?
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Yes, sorry this got off topic. Great score Charles and a legal run for sure in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:30 pm

well john, after all your crying and insinuations,do what i did and just run 2 12v batts and lets see how loud you really are!!!!! now you guys keep forgeting how low of a note most of my caravans play(50-56hz). my sb4 run started out at a 160,5 but dropped due voltage loss(14.5-9.3 by runs end). if it helps you clear your conscience john, ill come to jimbos show in dec and do well over 160 with 2 different songs with less equipment and less power. but if i do you pay my travel expenses there and back. and ill drive it just for you ok, no trailer. although ive never seen you drive more than an hr or so from your house, but then again im good at doing things most have never done!!!!
Back to top Go down
jdohman

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:32 pm

charlesestes wrote:
well john, after all your crying and insinuations,do what i did and just run 2 12v batts and lets see how loud you really are!!!!! now you guys keep forgeting how low of a note most of my caravans play(50-56hz). my sb4 run started out at a 160,5 but dropped due voltage loss(14.5-9.3 by runs end). if it helps you clear your conscience john, ill come to jimbos show in dec and do well over 160 with 2 different songs with less equipment and less power. but if i do you pay my travel expenses there and back. and ill drive it just for you ok, no trailer. although ive never seen you drive more than an hr or so from your house, but then again im good at doing things most have never done!!!!

if you drive the pink one all the way to texas ill pay your travel fees j/k
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:36 pm

actually it runs great, it just sags in the ass a little,lol.needs a new exhaust, but i drove it loaded to get painted and over an hour home!
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Above Average Contributor
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:52 pm

TECH114 wrote:

Please allow me to make a comment here. The statement regarding Street Beat being intended "for average store customers in the local market" is not only incorrect and unenforceable but was never a part of either the intent nor was it ever written by the authors of it. It was evidently added by someone and never discussed with anyone. If you wish to see the original version with the addition of Ralph's "music criteria" (in red) then go to my web site www.caraudioevents.com.

I'm sorry if I am at least partially to blame for this thread getting off subject but I believe that my comments are right in the flow of the conversation.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:56 pm

That was quoted from the SB rules on the main page..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:47 pm

As` one of the authors of Street Beat, allow me me to expand on Mike's post. This category was designed for what was missing in USACi formats and what the competing populace wanted. It was never designed for the "average store customer", as that would have been totally unenforceable, and therefore a waste of ink. I saw at finals a need to add onto the Street Beat rules " a vehicle may compete in any and all classes in Street beat as it may qualify for", as was meant from the beginning, and we didn't foresee the problem that Charles faced. Street Beat worked fine all year, but at Finals, did show a glitch which will be fixed.
As` for requiring only certain songs, that would benefit only the more experienced competitor and probably discourage others. Maybe , find the song that works in your car and use that one, as long as it has "music" and not just a test tone, and "ban" tone generators.
No matter what gets changed, odds are that the same people battling for top honors this year, will be the same people battling next year, because "they are the real competitors.
Back to top Go down
memphis_yota

Number of posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:02 am

Rename street beat to who can hold a steady note for 30 seconds. Problem solved less confusion.
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:53 am

memphis_yota wrote:
Rename street beat to who can hold a steady note for 30 seconds. Problem solved less confusion.

name one car that held a steady note at finals every song played had breaks
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:31 am

No rename it to burp cars that found bass CD with a 60+hz song

No intention of Street Beating EVER
Back to top Go down
memphis_yota

Number of posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:40 am

Magoo wrote:
memphis_yota wrote:

name one car that held a steady note at finals every song played had breaks
I'm pretty sure you know what I meant. As far as I know they were all music cd's played.
Back to top Go down
SBJL
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
SBJL

Number of posts : 409

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:50 am

[quote="Skip01"]No rename it to burp cars that found bass CD with a 60+hz song

No intention of Street Beating EVER[/quote

i am tired of people complaining and saying that we are not street beaters. i drive my truck everyday, and can play any music on it i want. but when it comes to the comp side of it i play a song that is in the peak range of the truck. thats just doing your home work and being as loud as you can with your set up and vehicle. end of story. man up and go to finals or stfu.
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:14 pm

[quote="SBJL"]
Skip01 wrote:
No rename it to burp cars that found bass CD with a 60+hz song

No intention of Street Beating EVER[/quote

i am tired of people complaining and saying that we are not street beaters. i drive my truck everyday, and can play any music on it i want. but when it comes to the comp side of it i play a song that is in the peak range of the truck. thats just doing your home work and being as loud as you can with your set up and vehicle. end of story. man up and go to finals or stfu.

Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:19 pm

No there's a difference. You specifically tuned your setup to play one song loudly , not just ur setup already being and you playing the song that happens to peak where your truck likes it to get highest SPL.

Tell ya what if I ever come to finals, ill pay for ur rerun and we'll both run a song at my discretion , and see who's louder on "Any Music". You beat me I shutup about your car being a street beater

Deal?
Back to top Go down
SBJL
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
SBJL

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:24 pm

a box tuned at 40 htz is a normal set up for the street, that anyone can go buy at any store. it just happens that i took the time to learn what my truck likes. i don't have to change anything to get it to play the freq. it likes to play the loudest. hell the cd i used was made in the early 90's. but i will take your deal just because i know what my truck does at 40 htz. not meaning to disrespect you in anyway, but i do demo my truck for who ever wants to hear it. i had it opened at finals and was playing it after my run. i was play tech nine to ac dc in it.
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:42 pm

Its on like Donkey Kong sir haha. My song choice will be below 35hz just a lil advance hint

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
SBJL
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
SBJL

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:47 pm

hope to see you at finals then. good luck in 09.
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:37 pm

skip no offense but do you understand what the word compitition means you cant just say this is what i got and hope you win you have to take what you have and fine tune it if that means tune your box diffrent rebuild for the comp change ports etc you have to do what you have to do to win
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence SB5 run   silence - Broken Silence SB5 run - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Silence SB5 run
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next