Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
who wants to help me build a box Vote_lcapwho wants to help me build a box Voting_barwho wants to help me build a box Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
who wants to help me build a box Vote_lcapwho wants to help me build a box Voting_barwho wants to help me build a box Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
globe world 80inches records Johncarr silence drive finals record broken dollar Audiopipe stereo crank pics crzyblondgrl state louisiana quad build kyle 2010 songs disc contest chef
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

who wants to help me build a box

Go down 
+2
RAB
daddy_j
6 posters
AuthorMessage
daddy_j
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

who wants to help me build a box Empty
PostSubject: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:08 pm

I got all the beer you can drink, while we build a box. The box is for 2 solox10s in a 2000 ford mustang. I could actually build it myself, I have all the tools needed, but I cant figure out the whole port thing. So if someone could send me some plans, I could deposit some cash into their paypal account. The dimentions of the trunk is 15.25", height 34" width and 34" depth. The bad news is if I face the subs into the trunk, then I cant use the whole 34". One thing I know for sure is my car hates to be sealed off. I lost 2.5dbs by sealing off my car. So I got the sledge hammer out and tore it all out. When the car is sealed my frequency is 53hz, and facing back is 58hz. I want a box I can daily drive and pound, but for comps hit big numbers in SB1. So turned ~45hz give or take a few dbs. I could do a wall if thats what I have to do. I am trying to avoid that though. I'm trying to hit at least 150dbs. The systen consist of 2 solox10s, and a SS XXX10000d, two 2400 kinetiks in the rear, a maxxlink (line driver), and a 250 amp alt. Big three is done and 2 runs of 2/0 gauge wiresto the back. Any takers or designers want to help, Im in SA TX. Help a brother out.
Back to top Go down
RAB
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:26 pm

face the subs up and what is the frequency u want ur box tuned at
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:31 pm

~45 hz, give or take a few hz
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:44 pm

dont forget its going in the trunk of a mustang with fold down seats. If their firing up into the back lid, wont it rattle like biatch? or should I reinforce the back lid? thanks. I believe I bought a kinetik from you too.
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 3:39 pm

i dont know fore sure but i think ports back subs up work better in trunk cars. have seen some guys get loud with subs and port firing in but the cab was sealed off from trunk and was doing higher 40's its all depending on your car i say do it subs up port back and see what u get man. hope someone can help u out

david
Back to top Go down
average_joe

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:57 am

I live in SA TX, and can help you build it, but I dont know how to figue in the port thing. hopefully someone can provide you with some plans, so I can help you build it.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:06 am

thanks ave joe, you must be as bored as I am, you seem to be on this site as much as me.

let me know if this is plain dumb. I want the speakers and port to face the rear, but if I do this, then I have to face them forward because of the no room for the port thing. someone told me I need room in front of the port. at least you guys can see Im trying and not asking you to do everything for me. If someone can provide me with a plan on subs up port back, I could try it, but until then I'm kinda suck.

who wants to help me build a box Untitl10
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:11 am

who wants to help me build a box Untitl11
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:40 am

come to austin heatwave and ill give u a design
Back to top Go down
average_joe

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:39 pm

I sent you a pm
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:46 pm

the box is for heat wave this weekend. that'll be too late. I plan on running SB1, or 3000 and up, I have the SS XXX10000, so what ever class that puts me in. I dont plan on being louder that 150dbs, so no need to worry, not that you would anyways. not trying to imply anything. I'm only running 12volts so I'll be in stock class.
Back to top Go down
Lil' Monster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:50 pm

What's up Ernie? Give me a call if you get something built and need some meter time before Heatwave.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 4:55 pm

you know I will. If I could get the woofer by friday. It was sent this morning. If I get it by Friday then I'll build all day sat, then go to heat wave sunday.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:34 am

3 days before I start building my dumb idea of a box, no help?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who wants to help me build a box   who wants to help me build a box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

who wants to help me build a box
Page 1 of 1