Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Vote_lcappics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Voting_barpics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Vote_lcappics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Voting_barpics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
record quad crank globe state crzyblondgrl drive disc chef contest louisiana Audiopipe songs records 80inches build silence Johncarr kyle dollar stereo finals broken world 2010 pics
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.

Go down 
+14
TeamCobra1
Chris's Studio Civic
Stingraysevenout
TECH114
RFLfestiva
Moparbass28
dbracer79
jayhawkblk
Skip01
Snoopy
Iron Maiden
mschwitz
Dave Brooks
jkrob21
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Nothing quite gives a guy such great satisfaction as taking a $50,000.00 truck and depreciating the value of it with a BIG HOLE Laughing

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Dynamatpics003

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Dynamatpics004

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Dynamatpics007

Oh well...On to a little Dynamat treatment.

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Dynamatpics001

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Dynamatpics008

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Dynamatpics009

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Dynamatpics010

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Dynamatpics013

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Dynamatpics012

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Dynamatpics011

That's all of the dynamat for now. I am awaiting another pallet to arrive before I finish the deadening. So we move on to the charging system. With an Ohio Gen alt. already installed I figured why not cushion it with a few "Ole Yellers".

First we had to make a little room by removing the washer reservoir. Then we fabricated a battery tray from 1/4" solid steel. Coated it with spray-on bed liner to retard rust and give it a little more grip on the batts. Jason welded some feet onto it and the tray got bolted to the frame in several places aswell as the fender and firewall. When you tug on a bat the whole truck moves but the tray in the truck does'nt. i made some tie downs out of raw aluminum. If you look closely you'll see that one has a brushed look and the other is polished. I did one of each to see which one I liked best. What's your opinion?

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 PowerRun001

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 PowerRun003

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 PowerRun004

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Battstrayandrun007

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Battstrayandrun008

With the batts in place it seems time to go ahead and make a couple of runs back to the bed with 0 AWG. First covered with plastic weave and a layer of Stainless over that beacause part of the run needed to go under the truck. Two runs of 0 AWG just seemed like too much to go through the cab on the way back to the bed. As you will see both runs are secured well and pass through a pair of waterproof grommets into the bed. There is a bit of a loop in the wire where I allowed for the bed and cab to move independently with out too much strain on the wire.

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Battstrayandrun006

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Battstrayandrun005

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Battstrayandrun004

For now, onto some build pics of the enclosure. Hopefully it won't need to be redesigned and built again. For those that have'nt been to our store and those that have. You're in for a treat. I'd like to introduce you to our wood shop. I mean Jason and ours GOOD friend Richards wood shop Laughing
He owns "Anything of Wood" custom cabinet shop and is kind enough to allow us to use it at our discretion. All of our boxes get built here.

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 TheBox001

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 TheBox003

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 TheBox005
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 TheBox006

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 TheBox008-1

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 TheBox009

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 TheBox011

Once built I took it back to our shop for some Spar Marine waterproofing treatment as well as silconing the inside of the box.
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 TheBox023

I'm still waiting on more Dynamat product to finsh out the bed and Dynxorb the enclosure. Once that is finished I will be able to roll on with the wiring start installing the box, subs, amps and such. I'll keep you updated. Let me know what you guys think so far. I don't figure I am showing anything on here that you would'nt be able to see in my presentaion book so I don't really consider it the letting of any cats out of the bag Laughing We'll see what happens when it comes time to tune Very Happy
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:56 pm

Send the brownies man, I need to concentrate a little harder on this thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 6:47 pm

Not to be a buzz kill bro, but if you are using a braided mesh loom that is constructed from metal, or steel to loom your wire then you could very well run into a problem. Most local judges won't catch it, but a regional or finals judge will. You should not loom your power wires in steel loom because if there is a break in the casing of the wire it will have a direct path to ground out or arc from the break to the loom.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 10:12 pm

Chris's Studio Civic wrote:
Not to be a buzz kill bro, but if you are using a braided mesh loom that is constructed from metal, or steel to loom your wire then you could very well run into a problem. Most local judges won't catch it, but a regional or finals judge will. You should not loom your power wires in steel loom because if there is a break in the casing of the wire it will have a direct path to ground out or arc from the break to the loom.

Which is exactly why I added yet another layer of nylon and shrink between the wire jacket and stainless steel weave loom. I talked to a judge about it for a little while. Trying to cover my bases here. Only the 2 runs of 0g going outside of the truck are covered in the stainless. For added protection. However both ends of the line are well fused making even the most catostrophic break a short lived problem when it comes to arc to ground. I had to use extra large shink at the terminations to compensate for all of the layers Smile

Good eye though man. I was wondering when someone would catch that and make a comment cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 1:35 pm

That is fine, but I would cover the outside of the run in some kind of non-metalized conduit. I know you put an extra layer between the steel braiding and the wire, but you should have put the extra layer on the outside. The problem is the steel braiding is now connected (or touching) the ground plane. If you ran the power runs under the car....(which it looks like you did) you should protect them with some type of non-metalized conduit. First off the braided loom will not protect against water. If there was a break in your wire anywhere under the car then it would allow water to possibly penetrate the cable there-by allowing it to arc to the ground plain. Secondly the conduit is going to be more resistant to blunt-force-trauma. By that I mean being scraped by something under the vehicle. Oh, and I do not know which judge told you that would work......but he or she was mistaken

"Power Wires Properly Protected (0 - 5) - The wires that connect the power source components to one another and to the audio system should be protected from their environment. In a non-hostile environment, such as in an interior compartment or in the engine compartment away from all heat sources (at least a few inches), wire loom will be considered sufficient protection and awarded maximum points. However, in high heat areas or underneath the vehicle, better protection will be required. In these cases, metal or rigid plastic conduit will be considered sufficient and full points awarded. A grommet must be used at any point where a power wire passes through metal or any conductive material. Loom, or other suitable material, will be required when the wire passes through any abrasive material. Common sense will be used when evaluating and scoring this category!"

I know you put in the wrench time on your project so do not take it the wrong way. I am probably one of the hardest judges around......(ask anyone). I would give you 0-1 for power wire protection. Just trying to help you out so you do not get a suprize.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:02 pm

And I do appreciate the input man. As I understood the rules (Metal Or Ridgid Plastic) the metal I'm using would suffice but I see your point and will try to come up with something. I had another judge tell me to run it through some pvc or such but I dont think I could make the turns I need to make with it. Do you have a suggestion? One that will not require pulling it all out and starting over Laughing

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:00 pm

When it refers to metal or rigid plastic, it is talking about the type of conduit. If you wanted full points I would cover it by building a steel case around the wire run under the truck, or pull the runs and cover them in conduit. Neither is an easy fix.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:29 pm

Well Chris YOU ARE BEING A BUZZZZZZZZ KILL. Good eye though ya hard assss....LOL JK That is one of the reasons i do half way decent is cause your anal asss taught me to be just as anal... Assssshole. LOL

John, might want to get on the phone with Chris and he could tell you easier than typing if he has time for a call. I usually get confused when he words it to me ... But understand when im on the phone or in person talking to him. But we all know why i dont member shizzzzzzznit... hehe Still coming along real nice John keep it up.. Ohhhhh and fix that damn wire.. hehe
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 10:18 am

metal mesh is not going to get you the points.........if power wire is run under the truck ele. conduit would be a minimum.......just trying to help......metal mesh and nylon looks good but would maybe get a 1........the truck looks good and would hate for you to go to finals just to learn there..........you could run the wires through conduit and eleminate all ?s........it is an easy fix
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:41 pm

I'll try to grab some conduit and give it a try. I think I can pull it at the fuse blocks up front and drop the whole section down. My biggest concern is going to be making the turns and having enough flex between the bed and cab.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:56 pm

it shouldnt be a problem.........your truck looks good and in the end you will be happy you made the change......good luck at finals.....
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:43 pm

that non-metallic conduit you can get at Lowe's does well...thick tough stuff.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 8:54 pm

Well I've finished 99% of the wiring in the cab. Just have to make a couple of runs up the A-pillars and to the kicks from their respective cross overs.

Then solder in the Power, ground, and turn on at the Head Unit. The only oem wire running to the radio will be the Accessory wire to turn the radio on with the key and retain the factory RAP system. I ran new power and ground from the back with the amps and such. Toslink and AI Net take care of audio signal all the way to the bed.

All new speaker wire from bed into the doors and such.

Here are a few more pics...

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Morewire013

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Morewire014

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Morewire012

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Morewireandapanel018

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Morewireandapanel016

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Morewireandapanel017

Here are a couple of pics of the first panel in the bed. These are not finished pieces. They still need to be pulled out and some touch up work done on them. I am even thinking of changing the color of the panel holding the fuse blocks and capacitor to a colr that is a little less drastic in contrast. Such as trunk liner to match the top of the bedcover. However the gray flows with the interior of the truck well.

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Morewireandapanel001

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Morewireandapanel024

We are using locking steel clasps to hold the gray panel to the main black panel. I needed to have a way to access the hydrolic cylinder and such behind these panels on each side of the bed. It unlocks and the panel is then allowed to be moved out of the way to ease in maintenance of both the hydrolic setup and my wiring.

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Morewireandapanel027

As you can tell from the pictures the bed still has a ways to go. Wire still needing to be routed and tied down, panels finished and touched up, along with a little more Dynamat and Dynaliner. I hope to have most of it finished in less than 2 week though Shocked

Keep the comments coming. If I need to change something now is the time to do it. Very Happy

Oh... I'm still looking for a good non metallic conduit to cover my power wire run under the truck. Wink
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:15 pm

Lowes...grey stuff in a box. Looks good Jon.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 11:16 am

Hey John that looks great. I am glad that I am not in your class, or with Jimbo either. I am puting the truck in basic cuz that is what it is very very basic and I can decide if the bimmer should go intermediate or advanced consumer or who knows I may just step up to the plate and go pro with it hahahaha not!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:33 pm

No more pics yet but the interior is back in the truck FINALLY!

On to more fun stuff like finishing out the bed and putting that damn conduit over my power runs.Smile

Hopefully a few pics tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:43 pm

you'll be glad you did! good luck
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:43 pm

you'll be glad you did! good luck
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Looks good! What class are you in?
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 10:53 pm

Yours Dave.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:25 am

jsketoe............MINE...........Smile
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:51 am

NICE!
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:55 am

lookin good ////man doesnt wiring suck to make look nice
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 11:10 pm

Mickey...you crack me up. lol!
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 6:38 pm

I gots my rigid plastic conduit. Very Happy Now I just have to re run ALL of my power wire. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2