Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Vote_lcappics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Voting_barpics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Vote_lcappics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Voting_barpics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
contest Audiopipe chef state build crzyblondgrl 80inches stereo disc world globe records 2010 finals kyle quad louisiana silence pics crank record songs broken drive Johncarr dollar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.

Go down 
+14
TeamCobra1
Chris's Studio Civic
Stingraysevenout
TECH114
RFLfestiva
Moparbass28
dbracer79
jayhawkblk
Skip01
Snoopy
Iron Maiden
mschwitz
Dave Brooks
jkrob21
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Empty
PostSubject: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:04 pm

Nothing quite gives a guy such great satisfaction as taking a $50,000.00 truck and depreciating the value of it with a BIG HOLE Laughing

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Dynamatpics003

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Dynamatpics004

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Dynamatpics007

Oh well...On to a little Dynamat treatment.

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Dynamatpics001

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Dynamatpics008

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Dynamatpics009

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Dynamatpics010

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Dynamatpics013

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Dynamatpics012

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Dynamatpics011

That's all of the dynamat for now. I am awaiting another pallet to arrive before I finish the deadening. So we move on to the charging system. With an Ohio Gen alt. already installed I figured why not cushion it with a few "Ole Yellers".

First we had to make a little room by removing the washer reservoir. Then we fabricated a battery tray from 1/4" solid steel. Coated it with spray-on bed liner to retard rust and give it a little more grip on the batts. Jason welded some feet onto it and the tray got bolted to the frame in several places aswell as the fender and firewall. When you tug on a bat the whole truck moves but the tray in the truck does'nt. i made some tie downs out of raw aluminum. If you look closely you'll see that one has a brushed look and the other is polished. I did one of each to see which one I liked best. What's your opinion?

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. PowerRun001

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. PowerRun003

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. PowerRun004

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Battstrayandrun007

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Battstrayandrun008

With the batts in place it seems time to go ahead and make a couple of runs back to the bed with 0 AWG. First covered with plastic weave and a layer of Stainless over that beacause part of the run needed to go under the truck. Two runs of 0 AWG just seemed like too much to go through the cab on the way back to the bed. As you will see both runs are secured well and pass through a pair of waterproof grommets into the bed. There is a bit of a loop in the wire where I allowed for the bed and cab to move independently with out too much strain on the wire.

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Battstrayandrun006

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Battstrayandrun005

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Battstrayandrun004

For now, onto some build pics of the enclosure. Hopefully it won't need to be redesigned and built again. For those that have'nt been to our store and those that have. You're in for a treat. I'd like to introduce you to our wood shop. I mean Jason and ours GOOD friend Richards wood shop Laughing
He owns "Anything of Wood" custom cabinet shop and is kind enough to allow us to use it at our discretion. All of our boxes get built here.

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. TheBox001

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. TheBox003

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. TheBox005
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. TheBox006

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. TheBox008-1

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. TheBox009

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. TheBox011

Once built I took it back to our shop for some Spar Marine waterproofing treatment as well as silconing the inside of the box.
pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. TheBox023

I'm still waiting on more Dynamat product to finsh out the bed and Dynxorb the enclosure. Once that is finished I will be able to roll on with the wiring start installing the box, subs, amps and such. I'll keep you updated. Let me know what you guys think so far. I don't figure I am showing anything on here that you would'nt be able to see in my presentaion book so I don't really consider it the letting of any cats out of the bag Laughing We'll see what happens when it comes time to tune Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave Brooks
Dave Brooks

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 5:39 pm

Wow Man, that looks fantastic!!! I like the blue wire look Cool

As far as brushed or polished on the rack, I prefer the brushed look. But I'm not sure if it blends with the rest of the rig.

Sweet blow-through Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Maybe one of these days I'll man-up and rip out the back wall of mine... not this year though!
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 6:20 pm

Very nice work!!
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:03 am

Dave you stepped up to the plate with the placement of your ID's Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave Brooks
Dave Brooks

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 10:34 pm

ironmaiden wrote:
Dave you stepped up to the plate with the placement of your ID's Smile

Aye Matey, but my little 13-inch floor-holes are childs-play compared to the monolith he has carved from his back wall... I well-up just thinking about such sculpting... It's beautimus... Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 9:29 pm

Thank you kind sir. More to come I received 4 more bulk packs of Dynamat Xtreme today. Very Happy I am still waiting on a couple cases of Dynxorbs but they are on backorder. Crying or Very sad

P.S. any pics of the IDs in the floor Question I just love cutting things up Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave Brooks
Dave Brooks

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 12:49 am

Sure, why not... LOL

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Subfloorfinish13

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Subfloorfinish12

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Subfloorfinish9

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Subfloorfinish8

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Subfloor5

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Subfloor1

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Subfloor

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. 100_0730

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. 100_0728

Still working on the finishing touches... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 4:53 pm

I am still waiting on a couple cases of Dynxorbs but they are on backorder.

I love Dynxorbs. I filled my box housing my JL W6's. Plenty benind 6.5's too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 4:55 pm

Hey Dave how do those subs keep from getting wet...........I know dumb question but enquirng mind wants to know Razz
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 4:57 pm

Nice brew mmmmmmmmmmm.....beeeeeeeer
Back to top Go down
Snoopy
Snoopy

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 2:10 am

cool build guys........
Back to top Go down
http://www.gregoryvaughn.com
Dave Brooks
Dave Brooks

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 7:43 pm

I have humongous sheet metal covers that go under there... other than that, it's wide open.

I've had them like that since the beginning of the year. No significant moisture issues yet.

JKRob, The boot thingy in the back of the cab... where can a fella get one of those??
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 8:19 pm

Your local camper store Very Happy Old school accordian boot Smile

Thanks for the comment Greg. It means alot coming from a man of your caliber!
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 8:33 pm

ironmaiden wrote:
Nice brew mmmmmmmmmmm.....beeeeeeeer

Yeah that's a special installation tool that alot of folks don't know how to properly use. Laughing It's a must have in the ole tool box when doing work after 10 or 11 P.M. Wink
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 10:27 am

Awesome job jkrob. I hope to see ya at some shows. I am flip flopping at this point trying to decide if I want to sell everything and by a bass boat.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 1:17 pm

I know how you feel. I had both a system and a bass boat until last month. My boat got stolen Sad
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 8:34 pm

Man that blows
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 8:58 pm

Wow.....i honestly couldnt do that to a newish car like that....props to you....good luck
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 12:03 pm

Hey John how is the truck coming along? I have had some set backs in my builds. Yes plural. I got the xb rebuilt now I have to tare it down and the beemer is a slow process. The yukon is about done it will replace the xb in the intro class the the bimmer will be intermedate or advanced if ever done sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 8:25 pm

What's up Marquies? The truck is going pretty slowly as I am doing alot of the work by myself in my spare time which I seem to have none of. But it's coming along nicely I suppose. Hope to have it playing in about a month if not sooner. Stay in touch.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:40 pm

Well....I finished some more work on the truck. The charging system under the hood is almost done. We finally finished fabricating a steel bracket to mount the fuse blocks to.

Upgraded the grounds and sent power back to the bed.

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Finishedpowerandgrounds002

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Finishedpowerandgrounds003

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Finishedpowerandgrounds004

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Finishedpowerandgrounds005

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Finishedpowerandgrounds006

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Finishedpowerandgrounds007

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Finishedpowerandgrounds008

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Finishedpowerandgrounds009

Still a long way to go but I'm on a roll again now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 10:42 am

Exellent work man. It looks amazing. Almost looks like Gary Biggs put a hand in it.This will defenitely sound awesome!
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 2:00 pm

Lookin damn good. Very Happy Keep the pics comeing. Wink
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 9:13 am

Man John that is pretty intense. I glad that you are getting some time back on your truck. I myself have slacked off a bit. It has been too hot around here to be working on anything. We have no relief insight either. Keep chugging along Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 10:21 pm

It's been 104 degrees here for about a week but fortunately our bay is air conditioned and I do most of the work on the truck at night.
Back to top Go down
RFLfestiva
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:58 pm

Get job. One question though....Why are the voltages stepping down from the first battery to the last battery?
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 11:17 pm

RFLfestiva wrote:
Get job. One question though....Why are the voltages stepping down from the first battery to the last battery?

Good question, and one that I've been asked before.

If you look closely enough you might notice that the charge wire form the alt runs to the lower bat. Now with that said the wire running into the truck for oem power is on far bat on the top of the pic. The oem system basically gets charged at the front of the chain but draws power from the rear of the chain of bats. Thus we see a slight loss of voltage at the last bat even though they are all tied together.

The picture was taken while the engine was not running thus no charging going on. However I had the doors open (interior lighting was drawing voltage) which was drawing the majority of it's power from the first bat in line. All showing an interesting drop as you progress from bat 1 to bat 2 to bat 3.

When the truck is running voltage tends to level out until the #3 bat starts showing higher voltage than the next 2.

Don't you just love how DC electricity works? Laughing
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:22 pm

A couple more for you guys. I am trying to finish this thing by Sept. 14th for the very first USACi show in my town that I am aware of.

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Moredone005

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Moredone008

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Moredone010

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Moredone011

pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Moredone009

Finally making some visible progress.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 2:32 am

Nice build. Good things take time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 2:42 pm

Very nice bro.... Keep it up and let me know if i can do anything for ya..... Really its coming along great and looks well built .... I wouldnt have expected less from you...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.   pics - Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought I'd finally get around to reposting some build pics.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next