Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Final decisions before Finals... Vote_lcapFinal decisions before Finals... Voting_barFinal decisions before Finals... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Final decisions before Finals... Vote_lcapFinal decisions before Finals... Voting_barFinal decisions before Finals... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
disc pics state Audiopipe dollar globe 2010 crzyblondgrl louisiana Johncarr drive stereo contest record chef quad crank silence songs finals kyle records world build 80inches broken
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Final decisions before Finals...

Go down 
+5
dlechner
bmuhammad1
jsketoe
jkrob21
Monte B.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Final decisions before Finals... Empty
PostSubject: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 7:00 pm

Since Finals is now less than 2 weeks away, I think there are a couple of things that the powers-that-be need to finalize. These are just from my short list.

1. Which disc are we using for SQ? We've used different discs at each event we've attented this year so far. I'm not concerned with whether or not we have some "secret track" for some special category, but just which USACI approved, readily available disc will we be using during judging?

2. What will be the protocol for SPL scoring in SQ? It has not been updated on the website rules or on the PDF of the scoresheet. In fact, the three regional shows we've been to this year, we have yet to do an SPL run. I know there has been talk about a 120 dB cap, but is that with a musical track from the same CD used for judging or an SPL track from a different CD? Is the meter going to be in the kick or windshield? All doors and windows closed, or can we go by outlaw rules?

Any responses from the head judges would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:07 pm

From what I've read and heard we will be using the Mapleshade disc. It is a reburn so to speak of the old wheel disc.

As far as the SPL portion is concerned I think that Ralph has set the cap at 120 which IMO makes it somewhat useless regardless of whether a musical track or wave is used and useless whether or not we run closed up or "Outlaw" style. Just my opinion. Meter in the kick would be my guess. It is the USACi standard.

I agree, It would be nice to see some judges input here.

I have also read somewhere that depending on the quantity of judges at the head judges disposal we may not even bother with SPL.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 10:35 pm

John's on the money from what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:43 am

Where can you get this Mapleshade disc because in this area weve been using the old disc with Hotel California on it
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:55 am

Call the home office.
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 10:28 pm

bmuhammad1 wrote:
Where can you get this Mapleshade disc because in this area weve been using the old disc with Hotel California on it

Depending on when you re-registered, they should have sent it to you.
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:23 am

HA! sent it to us?

that's funny!

Wink
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:38 pm

I got one with my renewal
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

We weren't so lucky as to receive a copy of the disc with our membership renewal this year. It's probably too late now to call the office and request one and have it here before we leave for finals.

Will they have additional copies of the disc available at finals? I would hope so....
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:22 pm

jsketoe wrote:
I got one with my renewal

So did I
Back to top Go down
sqqx4

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:48 pm

I renewed last year at the finals and I am still waiting
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:58 pm

I renewed last week when I registared for Finals and they sent me the disc. so I have 2 copies I would be willing to part with one if someone needs it.
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:38 pm

J I need it...but I guess its to late now
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:58 am

[stirring the pot]

I'm using Madonna, Michael Jackson, Metallica, Van Halen and MAYBE some Claire Marlow. I'm not sure what the other judges will be using.

[puts spoon down and walks away]
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:51 am

Funny Monte.. I only mentioned to 2 people outside of the office (and only 2 in the office) that I was THINKING about using some extra tracks this year. I'm curious where you heard there were going to be extra tracks.

FWIW, I couldn't get Ralph to get me the contact information to Mapleshade to obtain extra tracks, nor do I have time to get the discs made so there is a MUCH slimmer chance that there will be anything extra.

I also plan to bring my laptop and a bunch of sub 128 mp3's that I'll record at max speed on my laptop burner if I do decide to use anything different.

Last edited by on Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 5:03 am

Monte B. wrote:
Since Finals is now less than 2 weeks away, I think there are a couple of things that the powers-that-be need to finalize. These are just from my short list.

2. What will be the protocol for SPL scoring in SQ? It has not been updated on the website rules or on the PDF of the scoresheet. In fact, the three regional shows we've been to this year, we have yet to do an SPL run. I know there has been talk about a 120 dB cap, but is that with a musical track from the same CD used for judging or an SPL track from a different CD? Is the meter going to be in the kick or windshield? All doors and windows closed, or can we go by outlaw rules?

Any responses from the head judges would be appreciated.

Monte, please refer to the rules on the USACi web site at http://www.soundoff.org/07sqrules.htm to answer your questions. The only question not covered on that page is yes, there is a 120 dB cap on everyone above Basic. The score sheets may reflect the correct value for SPL since Ralph and I changed that value waaaay early in the year on the master and I suspect that the directors are using old score sheets in the field.

I made sure that this line was in the rule book. It wasn't in the online version but was on my PC. I updated the file tonight. Ralph and I also went through the scoresheets today and updated all of the SPL portions on the advanced and intermediate sheets too.

There is a CHANCE that we won't do SPL at finals this year if I have to use that judge elsewhere. There will not be a competitor vote or left up to the competitors to decide but the decision to not do SPL will be based solely on available bodies to run the meter and man that station. I have been PROMISED that I will have an SPL judge again this year but last year we had to go kidnap Connie from the SPL lanes and Jaffe and Don were not very happy that they lost one of their 30 judges over there. Very Happy I think they were pissed that they had to use their designated golf cart driver and coffee gopher actually in a station!! affraid

As always, if you have a question, refer to the rulebook first. If your question isn't answered there, make sure that you ask at the competitor’s meeting and you should get an answer there. There is a good chance I will ask you “what does the rule book say” so it would also be a good idea to bring a copy with you to finals. Getting "he said/she said" information is a very dangerous thing as ya'll found out last year at finals. Getting a "Ralph said" is also dangerous because he forgets to tell people who need to know about previous conversations as well as forgets to update the written rule book. I print the book about 2 days before I leave for finals just to make sure Ralph hasn't slid any changes in on me. I make it a point to reference the written rules when making a decision and if there isn't anything specifically covered in the book, make a judgement call as the head judge. The procedure for that is also covered in the rule book.

Also, I believe it is head judge (singular) again this year unless I missed a meeting which is entirely possible. Razz
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 3:35 pm

Thanks for the update Tim.
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 4:34 pm

Monte, thanks for pointing this stuff out. I found a few "mismatches" between the printable version of the rules and the online version and got those corrected. I also got the new score sheets posted just a few minutes ago. I didn't tag them as "new" but I did change the file names so you'll know you're getting the new versions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final decisions before Finals...   Final decisions before Finals... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final decisions before Finals...
Page 1 of 1