Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
present for s-10 astro guys Vote_lcappresent for s-10 astro guys Voting_barpresent for s-10 astro guys Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
present for s-10 astro guys Vote_lcappresent for s-10 astro guys Voting_barpresent for s-10 astro guys Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana build disc drive Audiopipe dollar Johncarr kyle broken finals silence stereo records globe record world pics 2010 crank contest chef 80inches crzyblondgrl songs state quad
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

present for s-10 astro guys

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

present for s-10 astro guys Empty
PostSubject: present for s-10 astro guys   present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:03 pm

69 Hz: Insane Clown Posse - The Tempest - "The Tower"
73 Hz: Evanescence - Fallen - "Imaginary" (at 1:17)
74 Hz: Metallica - Black - "Sad But True"
74 Hz: The Crystal Method - Divided By Night - "Blunts & Robots" (at 1:42)

oh to late we gota cd lol

Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: present for s-10 astro guys   present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:08 am

The_Rowlands wrote:
69 Hz: Insane Clown Posse - The Tempest - "The Tower"
73 Hz: Evanescence - Fallen - "Imaginary" (at 1:17)
74 Hz: Metallica - Black - "Sad But True"
74 Hz: The Crystal Method - Divided By Night - "Blunts & Robots" (at 1:42)

oh to late we gota cd lol

Thanks for the bump! Makes me feel old. That thread was started almost 3 years ago.

I had alot of fun running spectrum analysis on my collection. With all the new dubstep and "random British chap with a keyboard" electronic music, I'm sure there's alot of new songs.

If you have any new songs, I'll update it and bump the thread.
Back to top Go down
n8skow
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: present for s-10 astro guys   present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Is there a program to scan multiple songs at a time or are you checking each song one at a time?
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: present for s-10 astro guys   present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Not that I know of. If you're doing enough analysis, I guess a signal processing engineer could write a script, but that's not my trade.

I just put on a good set of headphones and played music while I worked. If the EQ is set to bass heavy, you'll take notice when a good SB song shows up. From there, import it using Audacity and the LameMP3 codec. Highlight the section of interest (then individual beats) and run a Frequency Spectrum Analysis. Set the window type to Hamming and length to as long as possible. Larger window size allows for more fine-grain analysis of low frequency signals (something something, Nyquist frequency).

This will show you the frequency spectrum of those few bars of music. If it maintains a steep peak for more than 30 secs, you have a winner. No song is perfect, but some were very close to it. The current SB CD is pretty good though. I did an analysis here:
Link Potato
Back to top Go down
n8skow
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: present for s-10 astro guys   present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Not following what the Nyquist frequency portion of your message meant...
I do see the Analyze->Plot Spectrum mode, and it seems to show peak frequencies - but doesn't seem to indicate the length of the notes...
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: present for s-10 astro guys   present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:44 pm

You choose the length of the highlighted section. The time-domain plot (main squiggly line) will allow you to identify beats pretty easily. Typically I'll look at the individual beat and compare that to the whole section. This gives me an idea of how "tone like" the beat is.

Nyquist frequency refers to the idea that your sampling frequency needs to be twice that of any frequency you're trying to detect. Conversely, when you run a Fourier transform, you need the endpoints of your sample to be 0, and a sufficient amount of data within the window to characterize the frequency of interest. If you're talking about a 1 Hz signal, you'll need to be sampling at atleast 2 Hz to even pick up the signal without aliasing, but to convert the time-domain data into frequency domain (and to pick out the frequency with a narrow peak in the spectrum) you'll need a 50 seconds or longer window. I forget the numbers available, 2000,4000, 8000 etc. Pick the big one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
n8skow
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: present for s-10 astro guys   present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:28 am

I've done the pitch shift on a couple different tracks now - and while it does seem to get them to the frequency I want - they sound like garbage... thoughts? I'm using 320kbps mp3s - and exporting as the same...

I can't really describe the sound as distortion - but it sounds the like waveform has definitely been damaged - the bassline sorta of sounds like's been inverted, and doesn't have the fullness of the beat it originally had, like it's being cut off before reaching the full wavelength.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: present for s-10 astro guys   present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 12:00 pm

With that high of bitrate, it's odd that you'd see issues.

Digital audio has a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz (usually), to ensure that you can wrap up 20kHz frequencies. The bit rate is just how much information is kept in each sample. Most of us can't hear that high anymore, I'm at 18 kHz for now, so it's a bit of a waste. LINK for hearing test

The pitch shift might be scaling your sampling rate, so I'd try moving to a lossless format. First, I'd just convert MP3 --> WAV, then pitch shift, then export to MP3. If that fails, use a sample rate converter to boost it to 96 kHz. Should prevent any aliasing or saw-toothing.

Not sure it will help, but that's my best guess.
Back to top Go down
n8skow
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: present for s-10 astro guys   present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Will try using WAV as intermediate format and try again, thank you for the input.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: present for s-10 astro guys   present for s-10 astro guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

present for s-10 astro guys
Page 1 of 1