Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
power off noise question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
power off noise question Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
power off noise question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
power off noise question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
power off noise question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
power off noise question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
power off noise question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
power off noise question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
power off noise question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
power off noise question Vote_lcappower off noise question Voting_barpower off noise question Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
power off noise question Vote_lcappower off noise question Voting_barpower off noise question Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
build songs Johncarr pics finals chef broken disc crank world globe 2010 louisiana silence 80inches contest records state kyle drive crzyblondgrl record dollar quad Audiopipe stereo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

power off noise question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

power off noise question Empty
PostSubject: power off noise question   power off noise question Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Got a question for anyone who may have come across this before.

I just got done installing a system, has 1 sub amp, one 4channel for fronts, and my rockford symmetry.

It had a terrible turn off pop. I took out the symmetry and replaced it with an audiocontrol eqx. There was some noise, but not near as much and no turn off pop that I could tell.

I replaced the RCA to the front amp, still had it.

Changed grounds around, still had it.

Finally replaced the amp with an old rockford 2 channel and there was no noise at all.

Question I have, is this a product of a bad amp, or just a problem with some brands of amps. Is there a way to correct it? The amp is brand new, and sounds great, just seems to have more system noise and terrible turn off pop. Not hardly any turn on pop at all.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: power off noise question   power off noise question Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:45 pm

I have the pop with my kenwood dub den. But not with other decks
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

PostSubject: Re: power off noise question   power off noise question Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 12:25 am

Was it a very bad on? I've had turn on/off thumps before, but nothing like this. I was afraid I was going to lose a midrange.

I thought it might be the deck also. What I was going to try next was run a rca from my mustang to the other car and use that deck for the input as I know that it didn't have any pop with the symmetry.

Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: power off noise question   power off noise question Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 12:42 am

Yea it is bad ..try to wrap a wire around the ground ring on the rca and go to a screw on the deck
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

PostSubject: Re: power off noise question   power off noise question Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 12:55 am

I'll give it a shot-won't be able to try it till after work.

Thanks Chris
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: power off noise question   power off noise question Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:20 am

may need a timed relay. Remember the EPX2 has a chassis ground switch in the case like the AC piece as well.
Back to top Go down
Blue_C1500
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Blue_C1500

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: power off noise question   power off noise question Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:56 am

I had an old DD Z1 a while back that had a severe turn off pop when I got it. Brad at DD suggested I try one of ->these<-. I never did because I found that it was a common problem specific to that amp and there was an easy fix so I went that route instead but it might work in your situation.
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

PostSubject: Re: power off noise question   power off noise question Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:00 pm

I did not think of the chassis ground for the symmetry, I'll need to check it out.

Thanks for all the help on this guys. I'm sure Ill be able to correct the issue, just going to be a bit of trial and error.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: power off noise question   power off noise question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

power off noise question
Page 1 of 1