Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Question about clamped power Vote_lcapQuestion about clamped power Voting_barQuestion about clamped power Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Question about clamped power Vote_lcapQuestion about clamped power Voting_barQuestion about clamped power Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
stereo louisiana Johncarr silence songs dollar broken globe contest state drive chef quad record crank records kyle pics 2010 disc Audiopipe crzyblondgrl 80inches finals build world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Question about clamped power

Go down 
+10
charlesestes
Matt_Sibley
TECH114
BBGIC
Navi
Aldo
shadescustomtint
la2lvtom
sanman
Team Big'Un
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Team Big'Un
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Team Big'Un

Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Question about clamped power Empty
PostSubject: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:29 pm

So heres a question -- u run classA all year, u get to finals they tell u sorry ur in the wrong class because of clamped power ur now in ClassB, now U have no points in classB, so since u have no points for ClassB are u disqualified at Finals
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 pm

they still got yo money fool
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 pm

what i like is 1 mans suggestion seems to be more important than all our discontent
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:27 pm

also curious about checking clamped power, dont they use a meter on your power wire and a meter on the speaker output of the amp? If this is the case and say your amps are flushed or the amprack is designed to where none of the wires are accessible do you have to do a teardown of your amp rack so the wires are accessible?
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:29 pm

I cant wait till xmas
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:30 pm

accesable and readable to ensure your not pulling a fast one
Back to top Go down
Aldo
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Aldo

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:23 pm

So is this really gonna happen ?
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:32 pm

The clamped makes no sense, it takes away the advantage people get by putting in time and finding out what makes their particular amps work the best.

If you want a level playing field just have speaker wires hanging out when you pull up to the lanes and hook up to usaci's generator. Rolling Eyes

If you arent happy with what someone is doing put up the money to protest it and prove them illegal, its been that way for years and no reason to complicate shows more than they already are.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:41 pm

For $150 anyone can purchase the clamp and power meter and test their system.

USACI could also make the meters avaialble at all local shows for you to clamp there if you just want to know waht power you are doing without spending the $150. With what most competitors spend on their system the cost of the meters is not even on radar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:46 pm

WOW, you want to use cheap ass clamps, be prepared for people to clamp 5,000 watts one time and 10,000 watts the next time and score be the same if you use crap that cheap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:58 pm

the only way i see clamped power working is to not convert back to the 4 ohm rating, this would get rid of the need to do all kinds of unecessary math when someone is doing 2769 watts @ 1.13 ohm, not very many people can easily figure out what that equates to in a 4 ohm rating. if directors can't figure out something like say trunk class actually being a sanctioned usaci class how can we expect them to get the math right everytime or even know how to get the correct 4 ohm rating from the problem above

the easiest way, and not what i want to do, but the easiest thing would be to make us have clamped power classes but change them to line up with what we already have, except at 1 ohm. stock 0-2400, 2401- 7200, etc etc, mod 0-4000, 4001-8000 etc etc. over course this would make us similar to other orgs

not what i want to do, of course doing this above, well its gets us away from what most of us like doing, pushing are amplifiers to the very limit to get the most we can out of them, instead you would have people dialing in a 4k amp to get 2.4 k ot of it, maybe at 1.5 ohm or whatever, again thats already another org,

that org is fine and i have competed there, but lets keep usaci unique, while there are things about the other org think of it like this, for us to say well you can have an amp capable of 4k but just turn it down so it put no strain on the amp or doesn't challenge us to get the most out of it is kinda like telling nascar, ok you can have a V-8, but you must shut down 4 of the cylinders, and you cant exceed 3,500 rpm's, not very fun

not what i want to go to, i want to be able to push my system to its very limits

and another thing, no one has yet to comment on how we would determine proper 4 ohm ratings on people running 18v yet, is there even a way?
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:11 pm

USACI wrote:
For $150 anyone can purchase the clamp and power meter and test their system.

USACI could also make the meters avaialble at all local shows for you to clamp there if you just want to know waht power you are doing without spending the $150. With what most competitors spend on their system the cost of the meters is not even on radar.

Does that mean clamp will be in the new rules? Like to know now before I continue with my build. I don't want to wait till end of yr.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Navi wrote:
The clamped makes no sense, it takes away the advantage people get by putting in time and finding out what makes their particular amps work the best.

If you want a level playing field just have speaker wires hanging out when you pull up to the lanes and hook up to usaci's generator. Rolling Eyes

If you arent happy with what someone is doing put up the money to protest it and prove them illegal, its been that way for years and no reason to complicate shows more than they already are.

What a wise man..
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:18 pm

What meters do you plan to use Ralph if this rule is implemented?
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:21 pm

[i]For $150 anyone can purchase the clamp and power meter and test their system.

USACI could also make the meters avaialble at all local shows for you to clamp there if you just want to know waht power you are doing without spending the $150. With what most competitors spend on their system the cost of the meters is not even on radar.[/is

sounds like tis decided to me with this comment
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:25 pm

y should we have to run any differant at regionals and finals than we do at any other shows this is pointless to me
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:49 pm

I gotta hose clamp
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

whats wrong with keeping things safe?if you have 2kw and i have 2kws, whats the problem? lets see who the better builder is is all im sayin, not who has the deepest pockets and it opens up the field for manufacturers that dont support usaci because you cant run their equipment against equal equipment because of a rating that in most cases are bs to start with. its just to police the power used. and the reference to nascar is a good reference because if you check their rules, they ARE RESTRICTED TO WHAT THE CAN AND CANT RUN IN AND ON THEIR CARS.
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:32 pm

how do you classify a amp that is being used at 18v?
can an amp run at any ohm load with 18v? these are all the questions i had when chad pose the question on how do we classify the amps that are using 18v?
so if a 3000w amp power is doubled at 1.13 ohm load to say 6000watts at 1.13 ohms.
wouldn't that same amp whose power at 4 ohms is 600w be doubled to 1200 watts at 4 ohms thus putting the competitor in mod 2000-4000 if he/she is running that said amp at 18v's?
the 4ohm rating will work, its should classified though, if your amp does 500w at 4 an your running 18v thats a rating of 1000w at 4 ohms so that competitor is in mod 1-2.
hope this makes since to some body other than myself, but i don't run this class at all i am just voicing what i think should be in place.
in the end ralph an the guys will do whats right but i hope they are taking in what we are saying on the situation.
Back to top Go down
mfivespeed
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
mfivespeed

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:34 pm

the only people are crying are the ones that are probly doing something wrong. i say just clamp and things will be equal for everyone.

Last edited by mfivespeed on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:58 pm

Basically you can run any amp in any class. If you have a big amp you have to turn your amp down to get the desired output. So 12 or 16 Volts doesn't matter, imp. doesn't matter. Just get any amp to give you the set wattage. No more advantage in running 16+ volts. People start selling your 16V. LOL
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:01 pm

so kumar you have what 40 batteries at 200 a batt lol man you outr some cash huh bro
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm

It will go into my other 4 18" Astro. Its starting to look good there. There is going to be quite a few Drag show in LI (closer to me) shows next yr.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:21 pm

lol yeah im thinking some 12v batts for me
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:29 pm

sanman wrote:
lol yeah im thinking some 12v batts for me

Keep buying more Dung Pile every yr.
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 pm

charlesestes wrote:
whats wrong with keeping things safe?if you have 2kw and i have 2kws, whats the problem? lets see who the better builder is is all im sayin, not who has the deepest pockets and it opens up the field for manufacturers that dont support usaci because you cant run their equipment against equal equipment because of a rating that in most cases are bs to start with. its just to police the power used. and the reference to nascar is a good reference because if you check their rules, they ARE RESTRICTED TO WHAT THE CAN AND CANT RUN IN AND ON THEIR CARS.

Theres nothing wrong with it, its just another org not usaci. This sports been about deep pockets for many years you of all people know Im guessing you have dropped 100k+ into this sport since I have known ya. So why change it now?

Its like making usaci bass race, no sense in it. I have heard it out of your mouth several times if you cant run with the big dogs stay on the porch, now it seem like you want to change the big dogs diet to better your chances.

For that matter is it really the deep pockets that are winning? Or is it just the people who do their homework and know what gear works best.
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:31 pm

hmmmm.. sounds like MWSPL with cheap clamp meters.. And chad is right about the cheap clamp meters.. They aren't near efficient enough..
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:47 am

Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/performanceaudio118
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about clamped power   Question about clamped power Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about clamped power
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: