Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Explorer Experts, i need some tips Vote_lcapExplorer Experts, i need some tips Voting_barExplorer Experts, i need some tips Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Explorer Experts, i need some tips Vote_lcapExplorer Experts, i need some tips Voting_barExplorer Experts, i need some tips Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
songs crzyblondgrl silence Johncarr stereo crank finals kyle world records disc quad chef state globe record louisiana broken pics dollar 80inches 2010 contest build drive Audiopipe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Explorer Experts, i need some tips

Go down 
+6
Skip01
Alarm God
sbcherokee
solo1
Alan
basscort11
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
basscort11
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Explorer Experts, i need some tips Empty
PostSubject: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:17 pm

2000 ford explorer 4 door

i havnt had my explorer but for about 4 months and havnt done much testing with deadning or anything. is there any do or dont sweet spots to deaden on it. i have 2 layers on the back hatch and thats it.

on a sub up port back box what side is louder to mic on. the driver or passenger?

also any other tips for precious tenths would be greatly appreciated. ive only managed a 153.7 so far :/ and i have a competition tommorow in dallas.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Mic placement should be pretty simple to find the answer Wink and from what I've known most like 100% matting. Maybe a sweet spot in the front part of the roof I can't remember exactly. But I don't know of many who tested outlaw. Most were legal and well alot that works legal might not do anything outlaw or maybe even hurt it.
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 pm

exactly alot of db drag guys run explorers but they all do sealed up so its not very easy to relate with them. so ill go do some deadning on the front part of the roof now. anyone please help if you got a xploder and wouldnt mind helping out
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Id have to think sealing all 4 doors would help
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:05 pm

sealing as in how? like the holes in the door skins or somthing else?
Back to top Go down
solo1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
solo1

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Mic on driver side all 4 doors closed with front pass window down, pass seat forward with the back of the seat layed back, glove box open, console open, sunroof cover open, vents set to blow on the floor, should play 53-54 hz if the box is right, wants subs up or to the side and 4-4" aerports back. As far as matt goes we always did a layer on the skin of the car and a layer on the panels throughout the whole car and was usually good for a db or so. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:04 am

awesome thanks. i already have a slot port box but might try aeros later this year.

i dont have a sunroof so im good there.
passenger seat layed down on the back seat pretty much?
center console open straight up?
vents closed in the downward facing position right?
just making sure i have it all set. and deadner will have to wait. it was entirely too hot here today to do it (102 degrees ugh...)

Back to top Go down
sbcherokee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sbcherokee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 3:26 am

if nothing else get the roof deadened on that thing my roof on mine really sucked until i matted it
Back to top Go down
solo1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
solo1

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:20 pm

Pass seat all the way forward with the back of it layed back, console straight up, set the air to blow on the floor with all the vents open.
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:34 pm

ok my seats are elctric so they dont lean very far back at all. would it be better to lay them foward since they dont go back hardly at all or still go backwards? and i cut away that stock rubber foam on the driver floor board for a spot to put the mic. should i deaden that area (6"x6" area)
Back to top Go down
solo1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
solo1

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:53 pm

Yeah still lean the seat back so it doesn't block the window at all, yeah dynamt around were the mic is.
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 2:20 pm

ok cool. im leaving for the show in an hour so just in time. thanks alot solo 1 ill update this thread tonight and let everyone know what it did just in case anyone was wondering. hoping for a 155 but we will see
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:40 am

fail! only did a 154.2 @ 50 htz yesterday. back to the drawing board.
Back to top Go down
solo1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
solo1

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:01 pm

That's not too far off a 155, with a new box and aeroports you should get that easy! It was still .5 db louder than ya were before Cool what equipment are you running.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:39 pm

I was about to post the same question. What's the setup.? The loudest setup I ran in my explorer outlaw was 4 re sx 12 in just a 25x25x14 classic with 4" areos. Was just under a 55 with 4 dei 1100 lol. Truck was 100% virgin. I really didn't realized the gains of matting and playing with the cabin then. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:22 pm

yea i have mat on the back hatch and thats it.

heres the setup....

2 atmos audio exo 18s (equal to dc level 4 xls for those who dont know atmos)

box is 8 cubes after disp. 25 inches of port per cube tuned to 45 htz.

2 crossfire bmf-1700s at .7 strapped

4 sprinter 370s(125ah) and one c&d (95ah) underhood

stock alt.

HU is Eclipse cd7200mkII.

Explorer Experts, i need some tips IMAG0046
Explorer Experts, i need some tips IMAG0047
Explorer Experts, i need some tips IMAG0048
Explorer Experts, i need some tips IMAG0049
Explorer Experts, i need some tips IMAG0050
Explorer Experts, i need some tips IMAG0051
Explorer Experts, i need some tips IMAG0052
Back to top Go down
solo1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
solo1

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:16 pm

I see a few things wrong from the pics, the box is way too tall and to close to the hatch. Normally its loudest with the port side of the box even with the front of the hooks on the floor, around .3-.5 db. I would suggest getting 4-12s or 2 or 4- 15s and loseing one batt in the rear so you can flip em the other way and have more room for your box.
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:19 pm

wow same thing i was thinking bout the batts. the car is completly stripped right now and i am going to put one sprinter under the hood and lose the c and d up there now. then hide one batt in the factory sub area behind the panel on the passenger side then 2 longways like u said right behind the seat.

only reason i did 18s and not 4 12s is because i got a good deal on them so i thought why not. lol. i only have to beat a 154.8 so far but i personally want a 157 with these 2 18s. i know 154.2 to 157 is a big jump but i think with enough deadning and box testing and amp tuning i will get close.
Back to top Go down
solo1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
solo1

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:30 pm

You need at least double the power you have now to get a 157.
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:35 pm

there at .7 strapped now so with some new dual 1.4 recones i can wire them to .35 strapped and should add anther 1000-1500 rms. good for about a db hopefully.
Back to top Go down
solo1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
solo1

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Usually double the power is a db or so.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Heath I would listen to Terry he knows what's he's doing. So does Alan. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:29 pm

basscort11 wrote:
wow same thing i was thinking bout the batts. the car is completly stripped right now and i am going to put one sprinter under the hood and lose the c and d up there now. then hide one batt in the factory sub area behind the panel on the passenger side then 2 longways like u said right behind the seat.

only reason i did 18s and not 4 12s is because i got a good deal on them so i thought why not. lol. i only have to beat a 154.8 so far but i personally want a 157 with these 2 18s. i know 154.2 to 157 is a big jump but i think with enough deadning and box testing and amp tuning i will get close.

I still think id do like terry said and put even the 18s in a more traditional shorter box with areos. Since your not worried about staying stock, a fwd box with rear areos might be worth a shot to.
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 2:10 am

well i dont think i have enough power to go smaller. there alrerady in 8 cubes total for the pair. any less and id need upward of about 10k to get a score out of them probly. i would like to flip the box and try subs foward port up and see what it does.

also with the new battery positioning i may build another box that will allow me to go shorter and stay around 8 cubes
Back to top Go down
solo1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
solo1

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:11 am

Subs forward doesn't work in a 4dr, port up doesn't work either, if you play that system daily try leaving the box the way it is and add a removable aeroprt baffle for comps.
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:30 am

Yeh that box is wayyyy too big for numbers, that's a pretty good score for what it is.

The loudest I seen was either McCools 4 12 SoloXs and Wagonized 6 soloX 10s , both did 156s legal in street class.

Should be equal too a 58Ish in usaci I'd think
Back to top Go down
solo1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
solo1

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:39 am

I never tested mine outlaw or legal when I had my meca setup in but it would do 156 at the headrest, I would guess around a 158 legal and 160+ outlaw. It did 154 legal with one out of the 4 amps.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:28 pm

yeah listen to terry he knows his Dung Pile man!! if he had the car he tested every possible scenario!!Lol ill be redoin a buddies truck because we did sub and port up and it failed!!Lol gonna rebuild it soon and im sure ill be hitting him up for tips.lol
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:32 pm

4 cubes each 18 is too big???? even for 5k rms? dang ok so what do i need to put these in then? and the port is only 5 inches tall so i may be able to do 4 inch aeros
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:35 pm

solo1 what did ur setup consist of if u dont mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explorer Experts, i need some tips   Explorer Experts, i need some tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Explorer Experts, i need some tips
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next