Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
loud hall SQ solution for Finals Vote_lcaploud hall SQ solution for Finals Voting_barloud hall SQ solution for Finals Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
loud hall SQ solution for Finals Vote_lcaploud hall SQ solution for Finals Voting_barloud hall SQ solution for Finals Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
dollar broken drive crzyblondgrl Johncarr record globe songs pics silence disc finals state world records Audiopipe build chef crank kyle quad louisiana 80inches contest stereo 2010
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

loud hall SQ solution for Finals

Go down 
+21
saltybeanbag
BBGIC
Scott Buwalda
TeamCobra1
Cablguy
SQ-LS400
Stubbs
tijuana_no
Mike Flanagan
firespl
OnYrMrk
jkrob21
bmuhammad1
mschwitz
TeamTCA
6APPEAL
basher8621
chefkyle2011
nebrsq
Chris's Studio Civic
jsketoe
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

loud hall SQ solution for Finals Empty
PostSubject: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:04 am

Let's not wait and "ftd" this situation. I learned something this weekend. What about assigning time slots? Let's say the pre-registrants can choose from open time slots when calling in to register. These times will be early and late...dodging the loud show floor times. First come first serve. Once those slots are gone, you will be judged during the event. If you miss your judging time, you are DQ'd unless a judge can swap a time with someone else.
Let's say we have 30 SQ entries...you allow 30 min for each car. sound is the only thing of concern for time slots. install will be judged while the hall is open and lit off for the public. this essentially lets usac run less judges as well. First judging slot at 730am, resume at the close of the show. Judging would be starting friday night.
This is just an idea I wanted to throw out.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:00 pm

That would require a lot of organization!!!! LOL! By the way......Welcome to the Team Bro!!!!! Congrats to all your guys at the other Finals this past weekend......including that awesome Triple Crown your boy won! Todd did an amazing job again!
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:50 am

jsketoe wrote:
Let's not wait and "ftd" this situation. I learned something this weekend. What about assigning time slots? Let's say the pre-registrants can choose from open time slots when calling in to register. These times will be early and late...dodging the loud show floor times. First come first serve. Once those slots are gone, you will be judged during the event. If you miss your judging time, you are DQ'd unless a judge can swap a time with someone else.
Let's say we have 30 SQ entries...you allow 30 min for each car. sound is the only thing of concern for time slots. install will be judged while the hall is open and lit off for the public. this essentially lets usac run less judges as well. First judging slot at 730am, resume at the close of the show. Judging would be starting friday night.
This is just an idea I wanted to throw out.

I think that is an excellent idea. Get a chance to be judged in a quiet enviroment, and know when it will be. Got my vote.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks Chris!
Yeah...if there were four judges, one pair doing two seat classes and two doing one seat cars that puts 3 cars judged simultaneously. That would in essence do 12 Friday night, 12 Sat morning and 12 Sat evening. That's all 2 hours periods. The Friday night push would be a quick one...yes...but the car doesn't have to be all cleaned up...its sound. Also, once again...pre-registration. First come first serve. Higher classes could get priority starting at Xtreme, then supermod, then mod, etc.
Back to top Go down
chefkyle2011

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Congradualations on your win in daytona john Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.personalchefsforyou.com
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:00 pm

thanks man!
Back to top Go down
basher8621
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-04-16

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:24 am

jsketoe wrote:
Thanks Chris!
Yeah...if there were four judges, one pair doing two seat classes and two doing one seat cars that puts 3 cars judged simultaneously. That would in essence do 12 Friday night, 12 Sat morning and 12 Sat evening. That's all 2 hours periods. The Friday night push would be a quick one...yes...but the car doesn't have to be all cleaned up...its sound. Also, once again...pre-registration. First come first serve. Higher classes could get priority starting at Xtreme, then supermod, then mod, etc.
I like the idea you have here.
Back to top Go down
6APPEAL

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:21 am

Great idea John. I enjoyed the nice quiet environment of Daytona (SQ and SPL on opposite ends of the complex) over the "1 hall fits all" of last years finals. I do agree that it will take a ton of planning to get it done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:40 am

Ok so who is volunteering to be a SQ judge if we need 4 of them lol!

I like the idea as well, once it gets closer to Finals please give me a call so we can work out the details so everyone gets judged in a timely and fair manner Smile

I am willing to do whatever it takes to accomodate the SQ portion of the show.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:06 pm

if you guys start lining up judges by May, I would say you could work it out. Just with past judging background you could get Tim G, Chris and Melissa Owen, Larry P, probably a couple others....
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:10 pm

and for the record, I will judge. But I will be competing, so I would prefer to judge my own class. LOL

But on a more serious note, I've worked Finals before and logistics is kind of my 'thing'...so if I can help, let me know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:03 am

Thanks, appreciate it Smile
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:52 pm

See my other post please. I am not typing all of that out again. Everybody already knows most of my thoughts on Finals anyway. JUDGES, JUDGES, JUDGES... and second most important, is NOISE FLOOR. If the noise issue cannot be rectified, then John's plan is great and I'm sure all of us competing in SQ would be more than happy to take a "time slot" to help things along.

Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Just to bump this....I really think we can make this happen...let's brainstorm negatives and see if I/we can combat it.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:20 pm

You know Larry P. will be there for sure. Ask him now to get Chris and Chris and there's 3 of your 4 right there.
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:50 am

Yeah I can ask Larry P...I talk to him often. I will be up for judging also. I judged two years with Melissa at World Finals. But I like the idea John...I think a lot of peoples issue is the noise floor with the bass and loud music...and the blaring announcements...LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:50 am

You know this is what I call a great group of guys, I know it has been rocky at times but you all seem to pull together and make things HAPPEN! It is because of you all, SQ is still going strong and the numbers will eventaully grow to what they were. Your dedication and commitment is what makes this sport amazing.

Just thought I would put that out there and it is how I feel Smile
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Thx.
I would also like to see Chris and Melissa Owen back in the lanes, Larry p, Tim goudy, and maybe two others.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:40 pm

jsketoe wrote:
Thx.
I would also like to see Chris and Melissa Owen back in the lanes, Larry p, Tim goudy, and maybe two others.

I'll second that.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Would be nice for sure.

I will be at finals this year either with or without my car. I missed it last year, and I won't miss it this year. The quieter the hall, the better. Not just for everyone else, but my car is a convertible, so the less ambient noise the better.

Thanks for working so dilligently on this subject. With the support we have in and outside the lanes, I am sure that we will come to an agreement and it will be the best for all those involved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Ill run by the store to catch up with Larry P and get the DL. Like what was said...Im sure he can get Chris Gates and Chris Dorsynski
Back to top Go down
firespl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
firespl

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:34 pm

Twisted Evil Why not move the Sound judging to early morning before the Spl competitors arrive and place a no "burp" time restriction till like 10 am or so....granted that is really early especially if you have 30 competitors Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:00 pm

firespl wrote:
Twisted Evil Why not move the Sound judging to early morning before the Spl competitors arrive and place a no "burp" time restriction till like 10 am or so....granted that is really early especially if you have 30 competitors Twisted Evil

Me love you long time. No matter what Jimbo says.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:52 pm

Yeah....that's what we were saying..go for 2 hours Friday night, maybe 3. Then start early Sat am. It'll be up to usac staff to keep the floor quiet until 15 min before show hours or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:54 pm

I LIKE THIS IDEA Smile Going to discuss this with the powers that be Shocked
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Tim sounded like he liked it as well. Just trying to think ahead and come up with any possible issues.
Back to top Go down
Mike Flanagan
Mike Flanagan

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:38 am

Its a great idea. Im sure our crew would be happy to sacrifice a little sleep to get a credible score in SQ.

Please let me know if I or anyone at Linear Power/Blues can help!
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:28 am

Mike Flanagan wrote:
Its a great idea. Im sure our crew would be happy to sacrifice a little sleep to get a credible score in SQ.

Please let me know if I or anyone at Linear Power/Blues can help!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring the coffee and donuts, lol
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:32 am

I prefer Starbucks. lol...bring that.
Back to top Go down
Mike Flanagan
Mike Flanagan

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Now I know where I stand! Will that be glazed and with or without creme? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: loud hall SQ solution for Finals   loud hall SQ solution for Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

loud hall SQ solution for Finals
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next