Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
need to know?? - Page 2 Vote_lcapneed to know?? - Page 2 Voting_barneed to know?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
need to know?? - Page 2 Vote_lcapneed to know?? - Page 2 Voting_barneed to know?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
finals louisiana disc stereo dollar Johncarr 80inches records globe quad state chef kyle world crank drive broken record contest songs silence Audiopipe 2010 build crzyblondgrl pics
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

need to know??

Go down 
+4
chrisfish
Alan
Nice
george szawan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
george szawan
Above Average Contributor
george szawan

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-10-17

need to know?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

is it true that the older mid 80`s astro are louder then the newer style ones? and why? and has anybody built one or test this?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:01 pm

just talked to scott at Fi and he is ready to back me up with recone the way i need them built so i am good to go
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 pm

Nice! Ware are you getting d5's lol
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:13 pm

nowhere i think i saw some for sale in the car audio forum but a while back if they ever call me back with a answer i will let u know everybody who had them sold them and now want to get them back
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:59 am

Alan wrote:
4 of those woofers can be had from the manufacture brand new if you can get in tight with comp pricing .. im very sure of it... are we talking about the extreme van or a mod van? if its the extreme van.. the that list gets a little smaller IMO. lose the mt..wdx..deathpenalty and BTL..

Lose the BTL???? Alan, Mike Bartells ran BTLs in that van! scratch
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:17 am

ya mike ran btl`s in the van for a few years and had no problem that`s when he did a 179 but they are a few months behind on the subs
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:04 am

ok ... and probly would of gotten louder with somehting else. i never said there was any "problem" with the BTL it will handle as much as most out there. well at least untill the spider catches on fire. but, its built to play music.. not 80hz.. look, you guys do what you want. someone asks about woofers, i give an answer..
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:33 am

no problems alan thanks for the input just right now i know i need the DD Z subs but can`t afford them and i will wait till the new Z comes out any way so for now i will run the RE with Fi recones i won`t put to much power into them so that`s not the issue just at 177-178 we all know that not to many subs can handle that i am really just trying to get to the 178-179
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:09 pm

Alan wrote:
ok ... and probly would of gotten louder with somehting else. i never said there was any "problem" with the BTL it will handle as much as most out there. well at least untill the spider catches on fire. but, its built to play music.. not 80hz.. look, you guys do what you want. someone asks about woofers, i give an answer..
Alan, please don't take this in a disrespectful way. Mike Bartells has been a world champion in every major organization for many years. Companies probably offered him product at no cost.
For whatever reason, he chose Fi which is a top sub.
Probably most of the subs would work fine in that van because the build is very efficient. It's actually not the subs as much as it is the build.
There may be better subs out there but really, did he need to shop around for better subs?
Who even comes close to him? There's no need for him to shop around for a better sub to "gain" a few tenths.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:19 pm

who even comes close? have you looked at the drag leader board latly? and guys like i already said.. do what you want to do... im not going to argue about woofers. i really dont care either way. i just know if i was building an extreme car i wouldnt look to FI for woofers.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Yes and you have every right to choose your sub. It's your money.
BTW, do you have any personal experiences with Fi?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 pm

no im just ripping on them cause thats what i do. ..

yes , very much actaully... thats how i know what a great woofer they are for music like they are built for , and how the new spiders catch on fire.. and also how the TS specs arent ideal for extreme cars. thats all i was friggin saying !! look, im DONE ...PERIOD.. im not having this pissing match.. move on...
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Dude chill. No one is having a pissing match. I have MTs, BTLs, and was the first on the East Coast to compete with the Solo X 18.
By engaging in this dialogue with you, I am learning also.
I've never had a problem with the BTLs besides blowing them but that is a common problem when you are a competitor.
I am not loyal to any company but I do like to hear the competitors opinions on equipement.
Back to top Go down
scoupen
scoupen

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:47 pm

Nice wrote:
and was the first on the East Coast to compete with the Solo X 18.

Really? Under what name, and what org?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sbaudio
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:22 pm

man are we off the subject of someone buying this van need it sold
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:38 am

scoupen wrote:
Nice wrote:

USACi 03 Northeast regional championpionship was the first comp I won with them.
Full product sponsorship. Spairs shipped by air. Anymore questions?
Back to top Go down
scoupen
scoupen

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Nice wrote:
scoupen wrote:
Nice wrote:

USACi 03 Northeast regional championpionship was the first comp I won with them.

LMAO, no more questions....but March 20th was the first drag show I hit with mine in 2003 in Extreme 1. Been on the KCG/Team Kicker since then. The east coast is more than the NE....last time I checked, NC was considered East coast, and that's where I was stationed then.
Back to top Go down
scoupen
scoupen

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:29 pm

George, good luck with that van, it beat me many a time in Extreme 3-4.....
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:37 pm

look into the shocker spl subs man i was interested in them for panky before i sold her
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:00 pm

ya i talked to murilo about the shocker neo subs the only thing is getting parts would take a long time when they come from Brazil but i did think about it. thanks eric the van is crazy with the setup it has i am still trying to figure it all out i call mike with quetions about seems like every day
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:23 pm

scoupen wrote:
Nice wrote:
scoupen wrote:
Nice wrote:

LMAO, no more questions....but March 20th was the first drag show I hit with mine in 2003 in Extreme 1. Been on the KCG/Team Kicker since then. The east coast is more than the NE....last time I checked, NC was considered East coast, and that's where I was stationed then.
OK then you were the first on the Eastcoast then. I didn't get mine til Sept. Now that I think about it, IIRC, Jerimy did tell me about a competitor in N.C.
Please accept my appoligies.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:16 pm

george szawan wrote:
ya i talked to murilo about the shocker neo subs the only thing is getting parts would take a long time when they come from Brazil but i did think about it. thanks eric the van is crazy with the setup it has i am still trying to figure it all out i call mike with quetions about seems like every day
it is taking longer to get RD stuff ! i paid for amps at Christmas!! it is taking just a little while!lol
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 pm

i warned all you guys about rd, and no matter if it had new owners or not

but what do i know
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:23 am

sanman wrote:

but what do i know
unfortuanly that was after Christmas!
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:22 am

still i hope the new owner gets that company turned around they did have some great products
Back to top Go down
tank2215
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
tank2215

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:40 am

I purchased a brand new D9 about 2 months ago from Joel and received it a few days later...Chris what did you order?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:55 pm

sanman wrote:

but what do i know

not really .. your kind jumped anyones nuts who said anything bad.. me personally more than once.. before the new owners.
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:43 pm

tank2215 can u pm me the price u paid if u don`t mind b/c i am looking for some d9`s
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:23 pm

tank2215 wrote:
I purchased a brand new D9 about 2 months ago from Joel and received it a few days later...Chris what did you order?
2 7500.1's with a special price for the 3rd .to be paid when I got them in! .
(2 amps paid for)
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:05 pm

lol my kind what the fornicate are you talking about dude

my kind you better fornicating go back back and read I said it was probly still Miller behind them and I wouldnt fornicate with them

my kind lol you a funny mother fucker
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:47 pm

ok so back to the van if i wanted to build my 97 with something it would work better for usaci then db drag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need to know??   need to know?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need to know??
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: