Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
question about Street Q Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
question about Street Q Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
question about Street Q Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
question about Street Q Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
question about Street Q Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
question about Street Q Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
question about Street Q Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
question about Street Q Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
question about Street Q Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
question about Street Q Vote_lcapquestion about Street Q Voting_barquestion about Street Q Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
question about Street Q Vote_lcapquestion about Street Q Voting_barquestion about Street Q Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
finals build state drive songs kyle stereo 80inches contest crzyblondgrl chef record dollar records crank louisiana quad broken silence globe pics world Audiopipe Johncarr 2010 disc
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

question about Street Q

Go down 
+4
la2lvtom
OnYrMrk
jkrob21
lowdime
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lowdime
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-09-10

question about Street Q Empty
PostSubject: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 pm

hey guys, i was tring to get a little better explaination on how street Q works. I was reading through the rules and they are a little vauge. Ok so here are my questions/ thoughts. If i do this it will be with my daily driver Acura TL without the navigation system. I want to keep the factory headunit because i have yet to see any aftermarket headunit fit in one well, and it functions great. On the wiring, does everything have to be as meticulas (sp?) as the regular SQ world? Like do you have to have pictures of everything and samples of all your wire, photos of the install, keeping everything color coated? Sorry just looking for a little more insight or suggestions. Thanks
aaron
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:38 pm

lowdime wrote:
hey guys, i was tring to get a little better explaination on how street Q works. I was reading through the rules and they are a little vauge. Ok so here are my questions/ thoughts. If i do this it will be with my daily driver Acura TL without the navigation system. I want to keep the factory headunit because i have yet to see any aftermarket headunit fit in one well, and it functions great. On the wiring, does everything have to be as meticulas (sp?) as the regular SQ world? Like do you have to have pictures of everything and samples of all your wire, photos of the install, keeping everything color coated? Sorry just looking for a little more insight or suggestions. Thanks
aaron

You can keep that factory deck. THe install portion of the sheet only covers basic install criteria. Look here for the score sheet. http://www.soundoff.org/rules/usacisq2010.pdf

The parts of the sheet with black boxes are not judged in Street Q.
Back to top Go down
lowdime
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:34 pm

thats what i was talking about.. So the area in black i would automatically get those points??? But that is what i was looking for as more of an explaination.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:10 pm

No, you would not be getting those points. They are omitted. The blacked out points are omitted. So you would only get the points you are being judged for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:55 pm

Think of it like this, Street Q is designed as a SPL X-over class to get the SPL guys to compete in SQ so as far as install is concerned as long as your amps are "mounted securely" (which many SPL guys do not mount amps so they can change them out quickly) and have proper fusing (again many SPL guys do not have fusing cause when running amps at 1/4 ohm fuses blow and if no fuse no blow). The main concern you should have is actual sound quality and SPL (because in Street Q SPL is not limited to 140, it is unlimited so the higher the SPL the better oh and you do ALSO have to run an SPL class along with Street Q so be prepared). If you are an SPL guy it is a fun class. Good luck and I hope you do well.
Back to top Go down
lowdime
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:53 pm

the only SPL class i would play in is SB1 more than likely. wouldnt mind doing a small stock class, but the smallest is 0-600 and i would get my rear handed to me.
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:36 pm

Unfortunately since Street Q is geared for SPL X-over vehicles you have to enter an SPL class to establish your SPL score but the nice thing is, after I confirmed with Ralph, that you can enter a "burp" class to achieve a higher score unlike a regular SQ class where they just establish a 30 second (or Street Beat) average score you get to use a "burp" score which is typically louder. I feel you on the getting your arse handed to you in SPL when I was running only 2 100 watt amps on my bass I was in mod 0-1000 where I was competitive and usually took home first out here and took home a 5th place trophy at last years finals now I have 4 100 watt amps on my bass but have to move to 1001-2000 and I know no hardware for me in that class at finals
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:31 am

I think the highest score to take in this class 150db's , but I can be wrong .
What is you spl in mod class
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Actually Street Q is unlimited SPL so if you do a 170.6 your SPL portion will be 170.6 points. As for me I'm just doing a 151.6 off of 4 100 watt Kicker amps (XS100's) but I just picked up a fifth battery (Kinetik HC2400) and just got the amps back from Kicker (cleaned, tested , changed out components that look like they were about to go. I do this every year just before finals) and picked up new RCA's so I am hoping for a 152 when all said and done.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:01 pm

You can do it Tom!
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:35 pm

chrisfish wrote:
You can do it Tom!

HAHA, thanx for the vote of confidence Chris, I wish I wasn't so stubborn and finally go with that ported enclosure and probably get a 155+ but I just loves my my sealed box.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:46 pm

Lol! As is!
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:44 am

la2lvtom wrote:
chrisfish wrote:
You can do it Tom!

HAHA, thanx for the vote of confidence Chris, I wish I wasn't so stubborn and finally go with that ported enclosure and probably get a 155+ but I just loves my my sealed box.

well man good luck . i hope you accomplish what you looking for before finals .
It will be nice to meet you at finals and be at the same class as you .
you seem like you are a good sport and I am sure will have fun .
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:43 am

tijuana_no wrote:
la2lvtom wrote:
chrisfish wrote:
You can do it Tom!

well man good luck . i hope you accomplish what you looking for before finals .
It will be nice to meet you at finals and be at the same class as you .
you seem like you are a good sport and I am sure will have fun .

Sounds good, look forward to meeting you at finals as well. This is a fun class and I hope it does well so it will stay in USACi SQ .
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:03 pm

does someone have an updates score sheet i can looka t? this link doesnt work
Back to top Go down
redlineaudio
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
redlineaudio

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 12:35 pm

http://www.soundoff.org/rules/usacisqsheet2011.pdf

Can shop employees compete in this class as SPL crossover?
Back to top Go down
http://www.redlineaudio.com
redlineaudio
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
redlineaudio

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:48 am

redlineaudio wrote:

Can shop employees compete in this class as SPL crossover?

anyone??
Back to top Go down
http://www.redlineaudio.com
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Yes! as far as my knowledge .
you have to be a SPL comperitor doing a crossover ( except super mod or a ported class ) and not do another SQ or SQ+ class in Finals .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about Street Q   question about Street Q Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question about Street Q
Page 1 of 1