Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Vote_lcapNot loud enough.. whats wrong?? Voting_barNot loud enough.. whats wrong?? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Vote_lcapNot loud enough.. whats wrong?? Voting_barNot loud enough.. whats wrong?? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
broken dollar 80inches crank world crzyblondgrl state louisiana kyle stereo build globe silence Johncarr finals drive songs disc 2010 quad record pics contest records Audiopipe chef
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Not loud enough.. whats wrong??

Go down 
+7
Nice
FUZ-T.C.C.
Alan
bojangles
daddy_j
TeamSpead-Kenny
outsideshot23
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
outsideshot23
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Empty
PostSubject: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:47 pm

Im running 2 RE MT 18's in 15.2 cu box with sub fwd ports up.. have around 250in of port. 2 RD d9's running at 1 ohm exceleon headunit, 230 amp alt.. 3 hc2000 batts and about 8 runs of 0/1.. tuned around 45hz only doing 153 burp and around 151 SB... Have the floor and back wall dynamatted but thats it... This seems wrong on alot of levels.. i know i need to get the amps down to about .5 but seems like my box could be wayy off and my tuning needs to be a little higher... not so muc worried about electrical right now as I am more worried about my box and setup... oh ya this is in an 08 sierra ext cab with backseat out and box under window line... someone please tell me what the hell is wrong with this... thanks for any constructive criticism.. its all about getting better
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Box is kind of big with that power I would do around 8-10 cubes after displacment and about 14-16in of port per cubic foot if your doing slot port also what's the boxed tuned to?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
daddy_j

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:01 pm

the guy that bult your box, made it perfect for daily. But with the amount of power you have, you need a smaller box, IMO. Whats your voltage dropping to? I ran the D9s on 16 volt batts. Thats where they wake up. Are those sealed, or with the driver side door open? Are you running the d9s strapped, or one to each sub, it really makes a difference. More info please.
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 pm

One rd to each sub at 1 ohm not strapped. This is with the driver door open and TL on passenger glass.. Voltage is dropping to around 12.6 .. i was thinking a smaller box... Alan gave me some good info on a smaller box but i spent about 200$ or better building this one and dont got hte cash to just go building randoms so i figured i could get some good info from you guys before rebuilding ... and ya its slot ported
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:20 pm

and the subs are d2's bridged down to one and the box is compeletly double layered if it makes a difference..
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:21 pm

i was going to strap em just to get and idea but i was told with the way they are run like they are if i strapped it would take them down to .25 and might tear them up??
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:29 pm

first of all they love .25ohms. Second you dont messaure with the mic on the glass. You put the mic on the passenger floor. You'll gain at least 3 dbs in the kick pannel. Go try that and come back and post your results. You might be a little happier.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:31 pm

oh and if your tuning was a little closer to 65hz, you might gain another db. Then you'll be sitting at ~157dbs. Not too shabby of a score. There are guys that dream to hit that high.
Back to top Go down
bojangles
bojangles

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:42 pm

daddy_j wrote:
oh and if your tuning was a little closer to 65hz, you might gain another db. Then you'll be sitting at ~157dbs. Not too shabby of a score. There are guys that dream to hit that high.

I dream of a 157...............in SB1.
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 pm

daddy_j wrote:
first of all they love .25ohms. Second you dont messaure with the mic on the glass. You put the mic on the passenger floor. You'll gain at least 3 dbs in the kick pannel. Go try that and come back and post your results. You might be a little happier.
awesome.. ya i know i pick up a little in the kick... i will try to strap em tomm and see what i get and get back on here.. but ya i think a little smaller box tuned a little higher and i might get up there where i want to be.. what would be the best way to go slot or aero..
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:44 pm

slot. I have done everything imaginable with areoports in an s10 and could only get a 158.8dbs. No matter what I did, I couldnt get higher. I have a nice aeroport box I'll sell you cheap. I mean real cheap. LOL. Dont strap them, just put the mic in the kick and then post your results. Oh and I said 157 for a burp not SB.
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:18 am

why ot strap them?? im not going to run them like that but i would like to see what i could get out of a burp
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:26 am

you can, but they produce more power not strapped. post some more numbers
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 am

just tune that box higher.. strap the amps @.5

if this is a daily box then go smaller. if your going to burp it only then leave it bigger and just tune it higher. and/or add more port

or get a 3rd 18.. 3 18s set up just like an s10 make good numbers in those trucks from what im told.. you should do 57s off 1 d9 that dont exactly fit your budget.. lol
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Alan wrote:

if this is a daily box then go smaller. if your going to burp it only then leave it bigger and just tune it higher. and/or add more port

or get a 3rd 18.. 3 18s set up just like an s10 make good numbers in those trucks from what im told.. you should do 57s off 1 d9 that dont exactly fit your budget.. lol

Alan took the words right outta my mouth...good post sir!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Another battery or two wouldn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Nice wrote:
Another battery or two wouldn't hurt either.
Ya i know i need a few more batts.. I think another 18 would be the way to go.... that would keep my box smaller and i would liekt o tune in the 50's.. then i could hit some hi 150s for buring them work on some more electrical to do a good SB
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:46 pm

Alan wrote:

I wads thinking the same thing.. I will try to add some more port this week and see if i can get it a little higher for now while i look for another 18 i suppose
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:28 pm

i happen to have a MT motor or two lol
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Id get more batts, and not kinetiks.

Those amps get hungry....but put out some power
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:31 pm

finished new build.. still disappointed.. 318s now tuned to 57hz and 4 deka g31's .. amps strapped at .6 ... constructive criticism appreciated
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? 070
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? 081
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Newspeakersnscore008
Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Newspeakersnscore010
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Try woofers up port to the back wall but make sure back wall is dampened real well as well as roof. Worked great in my f150 with 2 15's....155's @ 47hz and 3000 watts clamped.
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:06 pm

i think thats another thing is im tuned high.. i have been told these trucks peak in upper 40's .. one thing is my back wall in my box is not 45d yet which should drop it some but i was thinking of making a plug to shove in there and see if it drops my tuning and ups my numbers...
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:31 pm

You need about 380" of port! Looks like it is a little shy on port
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:15 am

i guess so.. port is 5" x 57" ...
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:23 am

Try 6 5/8 by 57 if you have enough power this will help a lot! I ment 6 lol

Last edited by chrisfish on Thu May 06, 2010 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:12 am

im running 2 d9s strapped at .6
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:04 am

That should do it!
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:14 am

How big is the box now??? My f150 is a crew cab not just ext. cab but I have had it peak @ 47hz and 44hz now with a wall and 62hz with a crx style box(SPL only). Yeah for a daily driver box tune around 38hz-40hz and go from there.
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:01 pm

my old box was 15.7^3 peaking at 47 witht hose 2 amps on just 1 ohm and was doing 154.. now i got a slightly smaller box at 13.2 with 3 subs and i just checked it this morning and it peaked around 62... my problem is im hitting OK usac scores but i do both.. in SE okla there are crazy meca shows in my backyard and then Usac i have to drive to okc dallas or tulsa which are alla bout 3 hour drives so i like to do both... my new build gained me 2db in kick but i lost .2 in headrest.. its insane.. if i could do 156s in floor and 153s in headrest i would be satisfied for now till i get some more money and get my electrical up to par... Just seems like when i was tuned lower i was putting up decent numbers for what i was wired at
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not loud enough.. whats wrong??   Not loud enough.. whats wrong?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not loud enough.. whats wrong??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: