Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Vote_lcapHas Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Voting_barHas Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Vote_lcapHas Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Voting_barHas Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl 80inches Johncarr records kyle quad pics dollar state louisiana record 2010 contest drive build crank silence broken globe chef finals stereo world songs Audiopipe disc
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?

Go down 
+3
chrisfish
FUZ-T.C.C.
chrisbaldelli
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Empty
PostSubject: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:58 am

Disclaimer: I know that I***A is a competing organization, and this forum isn't an appropriate outlet for advertising their events. But hypothetically, if there were an event nearby, and if I had a primal desire to kick some Aggie tail ... I might feel the need to step up and represent our organization in their featherweight division. Proving that Street Beat guys can hold their own in any music-based competition.

That aside,

Has anyone tried it?

How difficult is it to adapt to their rules? (no "dirty" songs, door open/closed, "cargo area" sub space)

Thanks, and please don't perma-ban me santa
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:49 am

How does it work?? Like db drag? I think it would be to usac good interest to do a "game" like that.Rather than just burping...Maybe make a spinoff of drag,or boxing called....Spl smackdown make it like a wrestling theme? And like at finals the winner could win a belt instead of a trophy lol Maybe call it "Rattle-mania" or the "rattle-rumble" lol Anybody like this???
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Baseboxing is wierd ! 10,000 mid's and a few subs ! And if your ride is a transformer than you are a winner!
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 pm

It is weird. That's why I was curious about it.

Round 1 - "Qualifiers" = sealed or window down. Full range music must be playing.

Round 2 = 1 door fully open

Round 3 = both doors fully open

The strategy is to either choose multiple songs, or design your system to perform well under all 3 rounds. I'm not sure that I can prep fully in less than a week, though.

Other issue is "system must be in cargo area and less than 24" from the floor" or it's considered a wall. my big CRX box may not work, but I'll try to find a judge to clarify.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:53 pm

It is crowd participation. If you have the most friends in the crowd you win. The system build is irrelevant as is the pressure. WOW factor only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Thats dumb...well I do have alotta friends lol
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:54 pm

All the clases are weird! Even stock pro!
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Ralph,

Maybe I misread the rules, but it said that they average your 3 round scores, and within each division the top dB score wins. They did make major rules changes for 2009.

The reason for the event IS to get the crowds at their shows more involved. I agree that this works, because every time someone is testing and tuning at a USACi show, a crowd of speaker nerds (myself included) instantly crowds around.

I'm in no way saying we need something like this, because I need to get good at the current format. But I will say it's quite a novel idea, though.

Back to the topic, has anyone done it? Does anyone have advice about tuning with doors open in the 140-145 dB range and small subs?
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:07 pm

I haven't done it . Check the IASCA fourm!
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:48 pm

@ Chris:

Which forums are you referring to?

They had CarSound until 2005. The new forum opened a couple months ago. The Termpro forum has about 20 poasts/year in the IASCA section. FloridaSPL seems to be the most active.

The wall issue is apparently that "the enclosure and subs can't be more than 25" tall." My box is pretty lean (and mean) so 14" should be well under their wall requirement. Even if it's stacked on the back seats. We'll find out at the comp.

Only thing left is, how does tuning frequency change when you open your doors?
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:52 pm

There is a guy named lawyerboy on the new iasca fourm the world champion bassboxer ! I think he is from Ga,
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Its a real competition, i think at some biggg shows they do the crowd support for some of the bigger guys...but its is a real metered class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcM1-cZPqB8

http://www.iasca.com/sitefiles/downloads/Section-08-2009%20bass-boxing%20full%20page%20Jan%2020.pdf

Bass Boxing Divisions

FLYWEIGHT DIVISION - 1 to 160 sq. in (No walls)

FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION - 161 to 260 sq. in (No walls)

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION - 261+ sq. in. (No walls)

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION - 1-720 sq. in. (with a wall, plus additional criteria)

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION - 721+ sq. in. (with a wall, plus additional criteria)
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:08 pm

I like FUZ's idea! Have a org vs org kinda thing! That would be pretty cool! Crowd would like it too! I'll street beat for that! with just one maybe 2 18's!!!!!
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:19 pm

I will sb for any reason!
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:39 pm

So maybe at unified world finals... we take the top Street Beat, Bass Race, and Bass Boxing guys and have a death match?

I can dig it. Any format suggestions?

We could take the top vehicle in each class for an organization, line them up in a circle / triangle / pentagon, open driver's doors, and everyone plays the same song. Meter is placed in the center of the circle. Loudest organization has bragging rights for the year.

We can call it "The Circle Burp" and it won't be gay at all! jocolor
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:07 pm

lol...wow chrisbaldelli i think you are on to something....but we gotta figure another name lol
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Yea! I don't think the circle jerk thing is going to work out! Lol
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Ya i wont be a part of it!
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:44 pm

Back 2 the topic... I called up Mobile Toys in College Station. Apparently it's an SQ only meet. BOOOOOOO~!~~! That means no idBl or Bass Boxing.

After some tuning time and hours of planning and design... it's all for nothing. Maybe they'll consider our region next year.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:59 am

chrisbaldelli wrote:
So maybe at unified world finals... we take the top Street Beat, Bass Race, and Bass Boxing guys and have a death match?

I can dig it. Any format suggestions?

We could take the top vehicle in each class for an organization, line them up in a circle / triangle / pentagon, open driver's doors, and everyone plays the same song. Meter is placed in the center of the circle. Loudest organization has bragging rights for the year.

We can call it "The Circle Burp" and it won't be gay at all! jocolor

"the club vs club nationwide beat off" huhu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?   Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Done Bass Boxing?
Page 1 of 1