Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Vote_lcapNew Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Voting_barNew Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Vote_lcapNew Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Voting_barNew Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
dollar kyle disc records drive globe Johncarr crank state silence finals songs record 80inches build crzyblondgrl louisiana pics Audiopipe broken 2010 quad stereo contest world chef
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!

Go down 
+14
XFL-Leader
Upzaw2000
ibbangin
The_Rowlands
Mike Jaffe
rd s10
JustinTD
hunterw
scionsoloxb
sanman
silentbass
Talonesi
FUZ-T.C.C.
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Empty
PostSubject: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:21 am

A Daily driver "Street" Class.Able to burp but put a 20-50htz cap on it. The problem with all the classes is where does a new competitor come in at,When he has a pre-fab box with 2 12s.He would go to Stock class facing all the crxs doing 150s. This class have no fart boxes with the long ports allowed. Just regular mdf boxes,Maybe allow fiberglass boxes as well. Allow them to get involved without fear of the big dogs in thier class. Just a thought Call it "Street" Class? Maybe try it in our region first to see what it like?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
Talonesi
Above Average Contributor
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:15 pm

No.......
Back to top Go down
silentbass
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
silentbass

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:43 pm

we have local class for that....if u really want to compete...just like any other sport..u have to adjust wit ur competition
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:15 pm

there is no susbitute for champions and experience man

you can cap hertzzzzzzzz

you can cap box's

but you cant compete with experience it will always come out on top
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 5:02 pm

werd^^^ up^^
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 5:17 pm

meh. it depends on the competitor. if he really loves it he will try to get louder and be more competitive. or he can "Female dog" and cry and fold in. basically thats how it goes. it will always be like that.

my first year i had a subabru wagon. it wasnt loud at all. but i busted my ass and got it to a 151 with a single 15.i got beat many times by crxs and other loud vehicles. but i didnt give up. i kept trying. and then i bought my truck and busted my ass to get it loud. and havent looked back.

i dont give any sympathy to anyone who complains about getting beat by crxs or by a well known competitor.
Back to top Go down
JustinTD
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
JustinTD

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:22 pm

took me 2 years and 2 cars to break a 150 and do it consistantly .. i agree it makes it hard for new people though.

Put yourself in teh new guys shoes... you're driving by, you see an event, you pop in and drop 20$ to compete and get decimated when you thought you had a loud system. You invested 1000-2000$ and are 200 watts and you pull a 145 against guys doing a 155. Would you really wanna come back? I sure as hell wouldn't. BUT, on the flip side, people who have a serious interest in this will start asking questions, learning, and trying to advance.

But, I do agree, for this sport to thrive you need new blood and some way to keep them interested.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:47 pm

lol there are other orgs that use lower rating real ratings for power measurements and guess what the lowest class is still near 150

it doesnt matter a veteran will always be just that a veteran, and a new guy is suppose to be just that a new guy this is how you learn
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:03 pm

JustinTD wrote:
took me 2 years and 2 cars to break a 150 and do it consistantly .. i agree it makes it hard for new people though.

Put yourself in teh new guys shoes... you're driving by, you see an event, you pop in and drop 20$ to compete and get decimated when you thought you had a loud system. You invested 1000-2000$ and are 200 watts and you pull a 145 against guys doing a 155. Would you really wanna come back? I sure as hell wouldn't. BUT, on the flip side, people who have a serious interest in this will start asking questions, learning, and trying to advance.

But, I do agree, for this sport to thrive you need new blood and some way to keep them interested.

usaci offers local class.... guess what its for ppl with no skills yet... fwi if you come to finals you will see thinks and meet ppl to improve your skills....
Back to top Go down
JustinTD
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
JustinTD

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:13 pm

region 4 very rarely runs local classes...
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:22 pm

well thats the class that usaci made for rookies and not loud ppl.... if they dont run it thats there fault
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:41 pm

region 5 may not but its a class offeed at finals where all things can be experienced

donno why some directors dont offer certain classes might have something to do with buying trophies
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:58 pm

thats what im saying though...i was the new guy last year....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:46 pm

JustinTD wrote:

Put yourself in teh new guys shoes... you're driving by, you see an event, you pop in and drop 20$ to compete and get decimated when you thought you had a loud system. You invested 1000-2000$ and are 200 watts and you pull a 145 against guys doing a 155. Would you really wanna come back? I sure as hell wouldn't.

see i tell you what is wrong with all the new blood, if they can't win right away they quit.

why, because now all we do is teach kids in little league and football that winning doesnt matter, we don't keep score, don't keep outs, everyone will get a chance to bat blah blah blah. then they grow up and try something and when they don't win, well they quit, cause they don't know how to work hard or to get there, they just think we shouldnt keep score and everyone should win, so they don't come back
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:49 pm

Xpie!
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:04 pm

First of all, I believe that the trunk classes were developed to keep "Stock" division competitors from having to compete with the mighty CRX's. I just wish USACi would do a better job of announcing the availability of these new divisions.

With respect to "Local" divisions, there are 4 "Local Division" offerings. Local A, B, C and D. Has anyone, including my esteemed colleagues (fellow directors) ever seen rules that these classes compete under? Has anyone ever seen any determination of whether the Local classes are determined by power, woofer quantity and size or do we just "make up" classes as we see fit? It isn't because of some directors not wanting to offer "Local." No one actually knows what it is.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:49 pm

I see all of your points,but the "local" classes have a lot of ppl that compete in the other classes.And you have trunk witch is now getting super competitive. With 154s.Local classes would be fair to them if all other competitors were banned.But ive got news for you,An average car an average to good system will not contend in trunk or local at all. Local class doesent keep points at all and offer no long term activity for a newbie.Im not complaining ,I have been to numerous finals,I have surrounded myself with loud people in this sport.I WONT make the nessesary adjustments to be competitive like a fartbox covered in ductape with a 2 foot long port portruding out.I wont,But i love competing in soundoffs.I have a nice custom "Street" box that helps me at local Carshows as well as Usaci carshows. Im not saying im better than anyone cuz I have a nice install.But everyone make a choice...look good and be a lil loud or look crappy and be super loud.I took the dual purpose.There are alot of ppl like me including the 13 members of my Car club that compete in usaci soundoffs. None of us will ever be as loud as half of you because we wont make those sacrifices in our cars. So for prople like me and newbies a class like this would keep an intrest. People say the 12volt industry is dieing...I say it wouldnt if it was more new guy friendly.As for me if i want to get loud,Ill get me another whip and throw a monster in it.Until then ill do high 140s maybe a 50 next seson.We will see.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 3:14 pm

JustinTD wrote:

Exactly thank you justin! This is my point,I too felt this way a last year.Ive gained 6dbs this year with not alootta money.But ive seen new guys say this. So when all the big dogs retire there is noone that got interested along the way cause they got creamed.No new ppl means eventually when we all stop so does the sport...We need a 12volt draft! lol
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 3:15 pm

kickercrx wrote:
JustinTD wrote:

Put yourself in teh new guys shoes... you're driving by, you see an event, you pop in and drop 20$ to compete and get decimated when you thought you had a loud system. You invested 1000-2000$ and are 200 watts and you pull a 145 against guys doing a 155. Would you really wanna come back? I sure as hell wouldn't.

see i tell you what is wrong with all the new blood, if they can't win right away they quit.

why, because now all we do is teach kids in little league and football that winning doesnt matter, we don't keep score, don't keep outs, everyone will get a chance to bat blah blah blah. then they grow up and try something and when they don't win, well they quit, cause they don't know how to work hard or to get there, they just think we shouldnt keep score and everyone should win, so they don't come back

So true
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 3:21 pm

sanman wrote:
lol there are other orgs that use lower rating real ratings for power measurements and guess what the lowest class is still near 150

it doesnt matter a veteran will always be just that a veteran, and a new guy is suppose to be just that a new guy this is how you learn

I know even midwestspl seems like it would be more competitve with lower scores but its in the dash. I looked at midspls scores and thought i could go over there and do well.Guess what ,not really i do better in the kick.Maybe my setup is built for the kick im not sure what it is.I do a 145 on the dash...Thats still low for them.
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Talonesi

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:05 pm

if you won't make the adjustments then sorry bout your luck but we are not gonna make a class that caters to half assers. do it all or lose.
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Talonesi

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:06 pm

and here is the real reason. you make this class i see someone i like and are cool. i tell them how to get there legal for that class box loud they do it you lose still. doing dual purpose will always get you less then best. so either build for the class and do it all or lose. that is why i jsut said no.
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Talonesi

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:21 pm

and for the record my port is nowhere near 2 feet long. that'd be tuned way too low
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:23 pm

Talonesi wrote:
and for the record my port is nowhere near 2 feet long. that'd be tuned way too low

lol just a generality,im sure your install is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:35 pm

im putting back together the kids car today it will be competitive in trunk class and its a daily box not built to do big #s but will do 150s on the dash .2 15s and this crap ass amp wonder what it would do with real power 53 54 dash.peaks at 48 hz . no resin no glassed corners no flared ports
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Jj
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! J
New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Jjj

Last edited by The_Rowlands on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:51 pm

so you say an average system this and that well I have news for you thats all it will ever be is average.

this is a competition ORG,and that means some will win and some lose. If you want the nice looks, quality sound then you need to go to SQ.

THE REALITY IS SPL IS UGLY MAN AND 90% OF THE TIME UGLY IS LOUDER

SERIOUSELY IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE PRETTINESS OF YUOR VEHICLE YOU SHOULD JUST GO TO THE QUICKY MART AND CHALLENGE THOSE THAT COME IN THERE LOL J/K BUT IF YOUR UNWILLING TO CHANGE THEN YOU HAVE TO SETTLE FOR YOUR INABILITY TO ADAPT
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:33 pm

JustinTD wrote:

get real.... make a class so people can win is a waste... why don't we have a hobby class where ralph charges 30 dollars and u get to build ur own first place trophy!!!! if it took u a while to break 150 the ur either not very good or dont try hard enough... just go buy u a trophy! lolololol it's cheaper!
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:17 pm

yep basically
Back to top Go down
JustinTD
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
JustinTD

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 10:31 pm

ibbangin wrote:
JustinTD wrote:

get real.... make a class so people can win is a waste... why don't we have a hobby class where ralph charges 30 dollars and u get to build ur own first place trophy!!!! if it took u a while to break 150 the ur either not very good or dont try hard enough... just go buy u a trophy! lolololol it's cheaper!

dude, stfu ... i dont see many people in 0-6 breaking 151 .. in fact, prior to finals only FIVE people in teh nation were louder than me ...

now, if I was competing strickly in trunk and ran a bigger amp, i would have done 150+ easy with my impala and 1 15" ... but 0-600 doing a 150 in an impala is not as easy as you think smart ass.

I bought a new car, and got alot louder. Did I go to finals? no... I don't have the money to go from CT to OK right now, but suffice to say if I had I would have taken 3rd in both 0-6 and SB2 ...

And that's another problem with this sport... all you high ass mother f*ckers who act like you're so great ... dude, get over yourselves ... seriously.

Oh, and BTW - I don't live in a state whcih competes year round like you do, I get 2 seasons to work on my car since I don't have a garage to work in, and I don't own a termlab yet so I have to drive 30 miles just to use one ...

Don't even bother to respond because i'm not at all interested in any of the crap spewing from your mouth.
Back to top Go down
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 10:56 pm

I made a propisition in another post that a good class to get begginers in the sport would be a stock street beat. maybe even a street beat trunk class. If all of us spl guys would agree to start a class like this and stay the hell out of it then it would be competitive to the new guys. You want this sport to grow cool. Lets give the new guys a class and all of us veterans just stay the hell out of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!   New Class that would thrive in todays economy!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Class that would thrive in todays economy!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: