Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Sound Deadening Vote_lcapSound Deadening Voting_barSound Deadening Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
globe silence drive build Audiopipe songs finals 2010 records contest 80inches record state kyle stereo louisiana quad crank chef pics dollar world crzyblondgrl disc Johncarr broken
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Sound Deadening

Go down 
+15
AudioAnonymous
The_Rowlands
hunterw
gameoverstreeta
Talonesi
Upzaw2000
la2lvtom
jmorri
Alan
Jeff Sanford
Aldo
BBGIC
Stingraysevenout
Nice
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Is there a limit of deadening material in front of the b pillar?
I couldn't find it in the rules, maybe I missed it.
Back to top Go down

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 pm

no, well yes but no

i guess that means no you cant have 1000 layers, but yes you can have as many that will fit under your stock panels
Back to top Go down
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:42 pm

i was told by usaci only two that was last week by mike and he asked ralph in the background.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:59 pm

O.K. 2 layers.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:29 am

Its always been 2 but over the years ppl steered it in the other direction and so on and so forth .. But yes if protested and headliner pulled and more than 2 ummmmm yep you could LOOSE. I purposley did mine 2 hoping someone would call mine out and loose dey money but its an unmentioned rule kinda.

Thing is Nobody has done it, i know of a few but i say thats just to petty to call someone out on. But yes 50 layers i would have to say something....LOL Its one of those unmentioned kinda thing rule.
Back to top Go down

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:32 am

ok so if its 2 why doesnt it say that in the rule book, until someone can show me in the rule book it is not a rule.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 am

kickercrx wrote:
ok so if its 2 why doesnt it say that in the rule book, until someone can show me in the rule book it is not a rule.

It is a rule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Aldo
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Aldo

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:54 am

Even in stock classes ??
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 459

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:54 am

depends on the class. There is no rule for street beat or supermod.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:12 am

USACI wrote:
kickercrx wrote:

It is a rule.
IF its a rule it needs to be in the rule book or written somewhere OTHER than in a general discusion forum.. if you take someones 1000 bucks and DQ someone for a unwritten rule that NO ONE has EVER inforced its really going to piss some people off.. AND now that its out there.. im sure there is ALOT of cars that dont fit....nvm.. im just going to stop typing .. this is stupid, just post up "its a rule" and its official? lmao...this is why alot of people just cant take USACI serious.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jmorri
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jmorri

Number of posts : 412

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:44 am

Alan wrote:
USACI wrote:
kickercrx wrote:

It is a rule.
IF its a rule it needs to be in the rule book or written somewhere OTHER than in a general discusion forum.. if you take someones 1000 bucks and DQ someone for a unwritten rule that NO ONE has EVER inforced its really going to piss some people off.. AND now that its out there.. im sure there is ALOT of cars that dont fit....nvm.. im just going to stop typing .. this is stupid, just post up "its a rule" and its official? lmao...this is why alot of people just cant take USACI serious.. Rolling Eyes

Agreed....If it is not in the rule book and you are saying it is an official rule, then it really needs to be posted somewhere, in all my year I have never seen this rule and have seen several cars that have been built with more than 2 layers... Also if you are going to limit the layers, you will need to limit how thick each "layer" is.... Similiar to what another org does.....
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:56 am

LOL

I told you guys... nobody listens to the old crazy pothead... Its kewl... Like i said ppl ran wth it around 2001 wont mention names just will say thats where it started....

And in 96 ummmmmmm guys it was in the rules i still have the hard copy of the rulebook from back then... Back when it was usac not usaci... Thats why most of you never knew.. But most of you knew there was somesort of question on layers and you know you do you just didn't want to believe it THATS ALL NO BIGGIE... like i said i know of ALOT of them... It wasn't allowed in stock, superstock, or prostock. mod and super mod was fine . Doesn't mean ill point them out or put up the money never have so i dont think i would do it. But its just been a rule from the begining guys . LOL but i do find it VERY FUNNY , that most are gonna be like

WHAT?????????????????????????/ Just like your seeing now....LOL

ROFLMFAO This is great.. I needed a pick me up dis morning.... Especially chad saying its not a rule blah blah and Ralph bustin in with ummmmmm yeah it is..... He knows ppl do it anyway he is probly just waiting for someone to say heres the money fool... And if someone does they WILL win if the car has more.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:01 pm

i really never knew it matters in usaci... its going to take some balls to put up the 1000 bucks to protest though.. i garantee now that this post is mae some busy body will try to cry about it at finals now.. damn,
Back to top Go down
Aldo
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Aldo

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:15 pm

So Stock classes ? Dynamat ? Foil tape ?? I am a new member and am bassackwards now .
Back to top Go down

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:23 pm

USACI wrote:
kickercrx wrote:

It is a rule.

ok so show me that in the rule book, it says nothing about sounddeadening, it just says floor and firewall must be oem and all panles to include stock or oem equivlant door panels must be in place

if it is a rule then you need to add it to the rulebook, i know you are the HBGIC and i have said this many times before but i guess it never sinks in, but here i will try again

when rules are changed it should be added to the rule book, when things like the rule and ethics comitte decided something is legal it needs to be made know to all.

I have a rule book printed off and it is in my car, how am I suppose to build a legal car if the rule book is not even correct and the real rules are in some guys head raher than the easy way of having them in black and white so everyone knows them

until its in black and white i dont consider it a rule and i also dont think don would dq anyone for having more than 2 layers when it cant be found anywhere in the rule book
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Ummmmmmm nope they would tell ya too bro......

Sorry ,, anyway like i said nobody has or will so no worries.... But you must have more than 2 as well...... It was just a heads up
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:32 pm

i dont thik its an issue of who has it and who dont and getting in DQ . its more of a "its a rule" thing.. just tossing it out there on the forum is not the way to post rules... especially a month before finals..guys have already set records and been running all season..
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:38 pm

I just re read the entire book and it no longer limits sound deadening. It does say OEM or equivalent.

So....

While there is no limit, if the factory panels appear not to be exactly in the OEM position, are coming loose, or are otherwise misshaped and this is deemed to be a result of the sound deadener or any other modification, the car would be moved to super mod....
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Alan wrote:
i dont thik its an issue of who has it and who dont and getting in DQ . its more of a "its a rule" thing.. just tossing it out there on the forum is not the way to post rules... especially a month before finals..guys have already set records and been running all season..

If I say it is a rule, it is. Sorry if that offends you.....

As for this "It is a Rule", I was just having some fun and some folks took it to the next level.

New Rule: You piss on Ralph in the forums and you lose 5 dB on your SPL score sheet! geek
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:55 pm

USACI wrote:
Alan wrote:

If I say it is a rule, it is. Sorry if that offends you.....

As for this "It is a Rule", I was just having some fun and some folks took it to the next level.

New Rule: You piss on Ralph in the forums and you lose 5 dB on your SPL score sheet! geek

cheers cheers

But it is in my rule book from YEARS AND YEARS AGO.... Just not in it now..... Well i had fun pissssin ppl of hope you did tooo Ralph...LOL
Back to top Go down
Aldo
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Aldo

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 5:22 pm

So you will be put into Super Modified ?? What if you dont have the points ??? lol sorry guys I had to have a little fun too ya know .
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:15 pm

so ten the verification judges will be looking for this at finals im assuming ...
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Now they will... Wink
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:25 pm

But only in stock and pro stock right?
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:54 pm

Now what about sound deadening paste which is popular in Europe?
Some guys use it here as well.
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Above Average Contributor
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:49 pm

lol ya get caught and get moved to either super mod... or streetbeat......
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:11 pm

Upzaw2000 wrote:
lol ya get caught and get moved to either super mod... or streetbeat......

supermod unless you happen to have qualified for street beat.
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:41 pm

word
Back to top Go down
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2007-08-03

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:21 am

most of the guys that have the paste that is popular in europe will be under the thickness of 2 layers thick cause they prob build for dbdrag rules. as for 2layers being a rule in usac i have never knew that but if it was rules over the last few years i know a few world champ cars that had more i wont say who but im sure they didnt know it was a rule either. but all of my cars have only had two because of the dbdrag rules. but i will bet that no one will protest the 1000 bucks just to loose either the full 1000 if they was wrong or loose 200 if they was right. but glad to know this was a rule i have even seen a guy bed line the outside of his crx and ran it at finals like 2003 or 2004. oh well my cars r n the rule so we r good
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:28 am

Yes sir.... LOL

It was in 96 rulebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sound Deadening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Deadening   Sound Deadening Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sound Deadening
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next