Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
grounpounder class - Page 2 Vote_lcapgrounpounder class - Page 2 Voting_bargrounpounder class - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
grounpounder class - Page 2 Vote_lcapgrounpounder class - Page 2 Voting_bargrounpounder class - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
record build quad 80inches chef drive stereo finals records world crzyblondgrl kyle silence state disc louisiana dollar songs broken globe Johncarr contest crank pics 2010 Audiopipe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

grounpounder class

Go down 
+12
Skip01
Alan
The_Rowlands
Moparbass28
la2lvtom
Lovettespl
STREETBEATZ19
supadave
S.L.A.B.
djman37
Twisted Image
loburbon
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
loburbon
Above Average Contributor
loburbon

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2007-06-30

grounpounder class - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

here's an idea for a class. a class for groundpounders. break it down into a simple wall and non wall divisions. limit it to three alts. and you have to peak under 43hz. any opinions
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:31 pm

i say dont make a new class. just put a filter on the current SB classes..i dunno if it needs to be 35hz.. but somthing low forsure.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:35 pm

loburbon wrote:
The_Rowlands wrote:
there would still be about 6 cars that can do 160s in under 43hz
How many of those six cars are non walled
4 i think. but thats just the ones i know of probably alot more then that
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:48 pm

There's no one in USACi doin 160s under 43hz, that's only guys in db drag 50 to 59 bassracers.

That's what I wish our streetbeat was like.
Just look at all the bassrace guys, they all have low end monsters doin 60s legal and play music all day long.

I think Bruce will be that when his setup is done, but I don't know of anyone doin that now. Or they haven't showed it for sure
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:58 pm

i agree 35hz is a little low, but 40 isn't. sb is fun but it's not really sb when alot of the guys just play bass. and there's some people who say put all that power on your setup and watch it blow up. well we're not tryin to put 100,000 watts on groundpounder. thats why i think a class like this would be challenging and fun. more so then streetbeating with a 60hz song
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:02 pm

some build to have fun, some build to win, as long as you are ok with the outcome it dont really matter.
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:20 pm

i agree with ya bruce, but some people forget that it's fun to win.
Back to top Go down
S.L.A.B.
S.L.A.B.

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:21 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:
some build to have fun, some build to win, as long as you are ok with the outcome it dont really matter.

X2
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:25 pm

you have have guys that build for fun, like myself. then when we dont win or score as high as the winners, some of those winners talk Dung Pile bout us not bein loud enough. i myself am fine not winning, because i love get out there and demo the Dung Pile outta my stuff.
Back to top Go down
scoupen
scoupen

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:31 pm

loburbon wrote:
you have have guys that build for fun, like myself. then when we dont win or score as high as the winners, some of those winners talk Dung Pile bout us not bein loud enough. i myself am fine not winning, because i love get out there and demo the Dung Pile outta my stuff.

That's cause to be a true champion, you HAVE to talk shat.
tongue
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sbaudio
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:13 pm

lobourn an, bruce, alan all you guys made some great points and when i sayy great i do mean great.
streetbeat was suppose to be all the above an like lobourn said some guys build for fun, an some build to win. its fun when you build for fun then win, but when you build for fun an then don't place an you got the guys talking Dung Pile to ya cause your not placing what do you expect man. thats when all the burp boxes start coming out.
a comment alan made earliar in another thread or on this thread was that sb is a waste of class cause you go spl guys coming to the class building boxes to fart at your freq. or something to that effect.
so i say yes do a cap on hertz, an lets put the fun back in streetbeat.
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:29 pm

until the rules change and its allowed it is what it is. But my guess is that when the rules change the same guys will be on top.

Fun is to be had during the season, at finals its about status, and if you want it U need to win. Every sb car out there is looking for the one song that peaks there system,

You want sb to be sb, then USACi come out with a disc and take a 3 min avearage of a selected song of that disc for that show at judgges discression.
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:36 pm

theres always gonna be to much back and forth on this subject for usaci to make it a class, but it would be fun. and bruce your right the same guys would be on top. most of them would build something and trailer it there. there would be a handlful who would drive there's. and even if they dont win they would be the true groundpounders. that should be a requirement, you have to drive your Dung Pile not trailer it in.
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:55 pm

that sounds like a good rule, I just think as soon as someone shows up driving a astro with a wall, and pops off a 160db someone would then complain about astros, and then walls, its just a never ending cycle. So really dont know the solution.
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:24 pm

well the first post said make it in two classes, wall and non wall.
Back to top Go down
Sampsonite
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:42 pm

I like the idea. to the ear, i peak around 33-35hz
Back to top Go down
http://www.MidwestCarAudio.com
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:19 pm

bruce is right once someone pulls up in a astro wit a wall of 12's an pops off a unheard of 160 n that class I for one will be the first to complain cause i can't get that score lol
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:23 pm

lol. that just means it's time to put in more work
Back to top Go down
SBJL
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
SBJL

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:26 pm

loburbon wrote:
lol. that just means it's time to put in more work

thats the same thing that needs to happen in the sb classes instead of complaining that others are louder, tuned higher, etc.

get crackin.
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:29 pm

oh i am. dont worry bout that. i may not get as loud as some of the sb guys, but i'm workin on it. and the whole point to a groundpounder class is fun.
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:54 pm

Anyone else remember when Alma first brought out the "BEAST" and popped a 170 at 80hz and imediately a 60hz filter was added to the mic? For groundpounder they could add a filter at say 43-45 hz. Also take a page from IASCA and give points for actually opening up your car and demoing it or instead of points actually make it a rule for the class, plus I still believe in the 14.4 volt limit, 99.9% of new cars do not have an electrical system set at 17volts. Thats just my thought process though
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:19 am

P.S. I just read the post about 2 classes, walled and non-walled, well I just checked the results page and it seems that Port Wars and Super Port Wars are dying classes so they could be replaced by these 2 new Groundpounder classes ( obviously with no disrespect to those who compete in the port classes)
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:44 am

I think alot of people who would talk Dung Pile about is idea are those who Don't want to run a 14.4 setup down low. And then you got the people who think it's a he'll of an idea. I'm gonna call ralph on Monday and give it a shot. Who knows maybe it'll work
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Only prob I would have. My cars stock alt at idle to stock battery is reading 14.83. With amp on I am sure it isn't much. Would have to check.

So where would that leave someone like myself in this class when all stock equip is over 14.4 ? Just curious. But all sounds good and think it should be considered regardless.
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:21 pm

true. i dont know how it would work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grounpounder class   grounpounder class - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

grounpounder class
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: