Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Vote_lcapEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Voting_barEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Vote_lcapEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Voting_barEntry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
world records louisiana dollar drive contest pics state build chef crank record 80inches broken Johncarr Audiopipe crzyblondgrl silence songs finals globe 2010 stereo quad disc kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!

Go down 
+16
gknox
BBGIC
montyj
Chris's Studio Civic
Mark Eldridge
emperorjj1
dts LSC
ALL4SQ
PerformanceTyler
jayhawkblk
foosman 100
Jan Bennett
TeamCobra1
OnYrMrk
jsketoe
Champion
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you be willing to pay and additional 100.00 that goes striclty towards a prize fund? All SQ competitors please reply...All the money could go into a single pot and then divided evenly amoungst 1st through 3rd in each class
Yes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Vote_lcap70%Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 70% [ 19 ]
No>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

All SQ competitors please reply......
Would you be willing to pay an additional 100.00 per entry fee and that 100.00 dollars go toward prize money? All the money could go into a single pot and then divided evenly amoungst 1st through 3rd in each class.... I understand some classes are larger than others, but this is for the greter picture....
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:27 pm

16 yes and 7 no....
that would have 16 people going after there peice of 1600.00 dollars... I like it!
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Okay, I have thought about this and it is a great idea for the higher classes. Advanced and up. I wouldn't throw this in with the the Basic and Intermediate classes. It may give the opposite affect. People in the upper classes typically can afford to either build or have built cars with expensive/nice equipment. A lot of the lower classes are budget type people who might not be willing to spend the extra cash. Hell, if this is the case I may come back and give Sketoe a run for his money!!! Wink

BTW, I voted Yes!
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:05 pm

dlechner wrote:
Okay, I have thought about this and it is a great idea for the higher classes. Advanced and up. I wouldn't throw this in with the the Basic and Intermediate classes. It may give the opposite affect. People in the upper classes typically can afford to either build or have built cars with expensive/nice equipment. A lot of the lower classes are budget type people who might not be willing to spend the extra cash. Hell, if this is the case I may come back and give Sketoe a run for his money!!! Wink

BTW, I voted Yes!

As a member of the Intermediate group...I would be honored to go up against some of the tougher cars in the sport. So 100 bucks would be a small price to pay to play.

But make it voluntary and you might see more intro and intermediate join in the fray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:40 pm

I too was in the Intermediate group. Money in the Advanced group would make me interested in returning to competition.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Ok. So let it be written, so let it be done!

We WILL offer the opt in $100 for prize money in SQ. May offer it in SPL as well!

Done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:47 pm

All the SQ classes or just Adv and Expert?

btw...I'm virtually standing on my chair and clapping!
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:51 pm

So I wonder who all will move out of the Intermediate classes for this...and who will come out of the wood work at finals....heh
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:53 pm

it's gonna be a par-tay in Advanced Pro!
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Oh, so now you're moving up? Wink
Back to top Go down
sqmustang
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sqmustang

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:13 pm

Hmmm.....................? INTERESTING!!!!! I like it!
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:19 pm

Lou is gonna move up to consumer advanced.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:39 pm

I've decided to create my new class and call it inbetween advanced. LOL
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:43 pm

Chris's Studio Civic wrote:
Lou is gonna move up to consumer advanced.

Oh really? scratch Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:56 pm

What you need lou is one more car!
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:15 pm

This is Awesome,,, anyone who want to play for money can, and the people that do want to play for money can still play for a trophy... AWESOME USACi !!!!
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:16 pm

17 yes
7 no
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:19 pm

Chris's Studio Civic wrote:
What you need lou is one more car!

Uh... no. 6 is more then enough. Actually it is kinda crazy. Suspect
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:25 pm

I went through 8 cars last year...screw insurance and screw registration on that. LOL
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:53 pm

My question is this: what if we didnt' qualify for Finals, can we still compete in the money round with our 100 bucks, or, would it be something like

Competiting at USACi finals : just pay $100
non compete at finals : just pay 125

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:32 am

nah...got to be a World Finals entry...must have an invite. If a region is chosen as an easy point curve that is up to Ralph because he knows the shows in the area.
It looks like it is 125-150 for finals entry plus the 100 for the prize money pot. that's how the poll is worded.
Back to top Go down
Mark Eldridge
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Eldridge

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:29 am

Quote :
Jan Bennett"]I would say #1 being slicks. AFAIK Slicks aren't street legal...Wink

Now if you got some street tires for the car, it would be a different story...lol

I carry the street tires and wiper in the trailer in case I want to go driving on the street. The car shows better with the slicks and witohout the wiper.

Quote :
I'll also point out that the rules state that it has to pass a Federal DOT inspection, NOT a state inspection. That's something that has been overlooked for at least the past few years.

However, having said that, finding someone to actually do the Federal DOT inspection is a different story. Very Happy

Ahhh.... Going to play the Fed Inspection card... You, and almost every competitor in the lanes won't like the answer either.

I know a couple of federal inspectors. They are with the Tulsa PD and the OHP, and had to look the car over during the street legal certification process. Yea, there is no annual Oklahoma state inspection, but any time you want to make a car street legal that hasn't been previously certified to be on the street... It's a very long process... Lots of paperwork, numerous inspections along the way, etc.

I promise you, if you have modified any of the metal in the car in any way (kick panel speaker cut thru into the cavity behind it, drilling holes in the metal structure, etc), defeated or changed any of the safety items in any way (airbag, dash padding, etc), installed any item that restricts the viewing area out of the windows (A-pillar speakers, etc), permanently mounted anything in teh passenger compartment of the car, which includes the hatch area (amp racks, speaker boxes, etc)... The car will not pass a federal safety inspection.

So, if anyone wants to bring out a Federal Inspector for the verification process at Finals, let me know. We'll have the biggest Expert Class ever!!! Smile

I know what the rulebook says, but this is an un-enforceable rule in the real World...

The only reason I would legally need a DOT inspection and safety certification would be if I were going into production to build more than a few cars a year.

Besides, in an accident involving any of the cars in the competition lanes (SQ or SPL), I'd rather be in my car than anyone else's.

Mark Eldridge
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:32 am

me too!
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:34 am

I say we form Team Oklahoma.
Between, Mark, Chris, Rob, Me, we could possibly take at least 4 of the classes available!
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 am

Quote :
Ahhh.... Going to play the Fed Inspection card... You, and almost every competitor in the lanes won't like the answer either.

That's why I mentioned it...Wink It's a small area of the rule book that people have overlooked (Judges, installers, and competitor alike). As we've mentioned before, we have an interest in building an expert car. So it's no skin off of our backs. It's all of the others out there that would be turned on their heads...flower

Either way, it still places your car in the expert class. Very Happy

Along with a lot of others.
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:05 am

jsketoe wrote:
I went through 8 cars last year...screw insurance and screw registration on that. LOL

No, you went through 8 cars. I right now own 6 cars. 2 people (and a baby) in a 1 story house with 5 cars in the driveway. lol! Don't talk to me about insurance. Sad
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:40 am

I got 2 kids, own a transportation business, and had a revolving 4 cars last year pretty much 1-3 quarter. Yeah...I know insurance. We are totally in the wrong business. Our ins co gets about 7 figures.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:48 am

I have an interest in going to the moon, but when am i gonna do it? Smile
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:50 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:52 am

08 Chevy Suburban
09 Chevy Civic
97 Chevy 1500
2001 Ford F350
82 Buick Regal
87 Buick Regal Grand National
87 Chevy Suburban

I am insurance poor too,,, ouch!
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:06 am

Edited for mutual respect....

Last edited by Monte B. on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!   Entry Fee and Prize Money!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entry Fee and Prize Money!!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next