Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Prize Money? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Prize Money? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Prize Money? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Prize Money? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Prize Money? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Prize Money? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Prize Money? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Prize Money? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Prize Money? Vote_lcapPrize Money? Voting_barPrize Money? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
dollar globe disc finals silence world pics build state crank crzyblondgrl Johncarr Audiopipe stereo kyle contest louisiana drive 80inches songs chef records record 2010 quad broken
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Prize Money?

Go down 
+17
supadave
OnYrMrk
RXZILLA
Gabe Sanchez
daddy_j
hunterw
scionsoloxb
rd s10
Upzaw2000
Stingraysevenout
sanman
The_Rowlands
Talonesi
Alan
Twisted Image
TAMU
BBGIC
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Finals in a Wal Mart Parking lot?
Finals in a parking lot - no frills - Some prize money.
Prize Money? Vote_lcap14%Prize Money? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
Finals in Grand Style, befitting an national event.
Prize Money? Vote_lcap57%Prize Money? Vote_rcap
 57% [ 16 ]
No Finals - just regional championships.
Prize Money? Vote_lcap7%Prize Money? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Pack it up, lets play “Crank It up” on the PS3
Prize Money? Vote_lcap21%Prize Money? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:59 am

I see USACI and dBDRA are getting dumped on by another organization and it's owner for not giving prize money at finals. Better to poke at others so it takes the spotlight off of your faults! IMHO

So my question is: Would you prefer we do our finals like our other parking lot shows, cut all costs, no stage and entertainment, no convention center, no advertising to bring out spectators to see your cars, no media coverage, and give up the whole finals atmosphere and just give away a little cash?

We could do finals in the Wal Mart parking lot across form Car Toys and that would give us 13K (hall rent) to split up among all the classes. Would that draw more people? Is the couple hundred bucks for first place enough to cover your cost and would it justify lowering the level of the finals experience to a parking lot show? Is the money really going to make a dent in what we spend each year for this sport? Is it worth a trade off?

I am not being sarcastic, these are serious questions and USACI is listening. USACI could save hundreds of hour of promoting, weeks of stress, days upon days of coordinating ,and save thousands of dollars in the process.

Like the old days when we had finals in the cow barn, McKinney, TX. We had prize money, but was the dirt floors and stench of cow excrement worth it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:07 am

i say lets keep the same thing we are doing now,except give 3% of every show earnings towards a prize pot at finals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.juggmaster.com
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:11 am

Hmmmm... $50 from every show in a prize pot for finals?
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:27 am

Although prize money would be nice, and might draw some again, I dont think there is really a chance for a BIG cash prize....and would rather see spectators and a nice venue then $100 in my pocket.

Serious Thought needs to be givin as to what has happened between 2000-2003 to now. Looking at finals results and seeing 10-20 in EVERY class at world finals vs now with some classes having 1-2 competitors and such.

That would be my main focus.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:45 am

i honestly think the TL is somewhat to blame for the lack of people coming to finals . being around db drag for a while as well as usaci, i have noticed the people who run usaci are just a slightly different breed...if they cant win they wont show..or will just cry about who ever is louder in their class.

but i think finals should stay how it is , cash does sound good, buti m not sure id want to give up finals as it is in trade for it. id rather find a way to give a smaller cash payout and keep it how it is.... duno how to do that. but... where did you read whatever was said??
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Above Average Contributor
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:50 am

can we have slik chix after dark in the wal mart parking lot?
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:59 am

Twisted Image wrote:
Although prize money would be nice, and might draw some again, I dont think there is really a chance for a BIG cash prize....and would rather see spectators and a nice venue then $100 in my pocket.

Serious Thought needs to be givin as to what has happened between 2000-2003 to now. Looking at finals results and seeing 10-20 in EVERY class at world finals vs now with some classes having 1-2 competitors and such.

That would be my main focus.

1. The economy
2. X-Box360, Extreme Sports, I-Pods
3. Sound laws hurting 12-volt sales
4. Newer, much cheaper, and far more accurate spl meters. (people used to have to come to finals to see if they could win. Now they set home with a term lab, decide they will not win, and do not bother to come)

And my personal favorite,

4. Every guy who gets pissed off he did not win at one or more finals starting his own organization or jumping in to a local organization where they can win easily due to the lack of serious competition.

This confuses competitors, draws on the limited manufacturer resources, and diffuses the value of events to the point the entire industry has about turned their back on the whole sound-off market! How many people are running around with “WORLD CHAMPION” stockers on their cars from “Organizations” that have 12 shows in two states and 100 members?

When there were two or three organizations there was a TON of support. Competitors traveled to the shows, the shows were bigger, and industry support was at an all time high. Today on any given day there are 12 or more groups all doing shows in small regions and all claiming to be legitimate organizations. These guys are diffusing the market and the competitor base and in fact hurting the entire sport.

Of course all will claim "Better Format" or “We car about competitors” and so on but the reality is usually they are just pissed of at one or another of the organizations or as in many cases, just greedy for more fame or money. Most just copy the other formats for their own gain!

Some groups around today

USACI
IASCA
DBDRA
NESPL
USPL
NSPL
MWSPL
MECA
SPS
NWSPL
Clash of the Titans
SO. La Boom
FLASPL
SO_CAL BASS PROD
And hundreds of other non sanctioned “LOCAL” events held at car shows and retail shops across the country each year.

And there are about 5 more I cannot think of right now.

And if you get mad at or lose in one, hey you got 12 others to go to!

In a nutshell,

Too many organizations for such a small market. More competitors than ever before, just scattered amongst the dozens of “organizations“ and so diffused no one organization can use the numbers to market the value of events to the industry.

Imagine if all these events, all these competitors were attending just one or two organizations. The numbers would be so HUGE the ENTIRE INDUSTRY would have to stand up and take notice. Might even be worth national media attention like we used to get before al of the “other orgs“.

Wouldn’t that be nice?

And for the record, these oher groups brag about how they are GROWING FAST, but in fact if you are the new guy or the little on the block then you have no place to go but up. It is just the fact of the numbes. In 25 years we will see if they fare as well.

End Rant.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 am

Congrats to all the winners from the Barry's used cars, Car Audio and Pawn World Championships! The entire city of Lost Springs, Wyomning salutes you!

Next year we will have prize money, and the city is gonna loan us the auction barn for SQ judging! (we might have to sweep it out though)
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:18 am

i ran the other org last year.along with usaci. and it was fun with the head to head comps .i ran only usaci this year, so ya know my vote
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:11 pm

how about this for a prize money solution. It would have to go to a member and USACI vote, but I believe it is fair on both parts. Im sure I will get flamed for this so.

"fire suit on"

What about raising the cost of entry for national level classes by $5 per entry, then USACI contributes 50% of that prize fund. SO $2.50 per entry in national level classes, heck even is USACI does $1.50 or $1 per competitor $5 it woluld tally quickly.

Each class would be kept independant for the amount, so low entry classes like supermod would not have the payouts as would the stock or SB classes....but would reflect the number of competitors in each class.

Even at $6 per class times 175 shows per year, times 2 competitors per class per show is $2100 in that class for a finals prize fund.

I dont mind the $5 increase per show if it was going to go towards a good finals money POT

What does everyone think of that?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:24 pm

correct the only classes with payout should be pro and above since stock is defined as those not receiving compensation lol

i bet they will like that
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:32 pm

sanman wrote:
correct the only classes with payout should be pro and above since stock is defined as those not receiving compensation lol

i bet they will like that

cheers Very Happy I agree F U C K STOCK GUYS.... SORRY but when it comes to money i dont fizuck around stock can go screw on the prize money move up or out.... Not to mention i know nobody remembers but stock is for the first year guys anyway.... Fucken pukes that stay in stock for years.... fuckya
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:50 pm

oh damm calling out loud and clear huh lol
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:53 pm

ralph haz da funniez
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:36 pm

I say raise it $10 five for pay out and the other 5 can pay for are invites to finals.... That way it will seem free to go
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:08 pm

i like pizza!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:33 pm

sanman wrote:
oh damm calling out loud and clear huh lol

Them and alot of others... Hell way too many to list thats for sure. Cool
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:34 pm

I WAS THINKING ABOUT DROPPING BACK DOWN NEXT YERA TO RUN AGAINST THEM
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:59 pm

hmmmm.......yeah stock guys shouldnt be getting any money imo as well. if money was given.

i think maybe a cool thing would be maybe, if you win your class you get a free years membership for the following year for you and a new competitor. ???
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:04 pm

sanman how about dropping down to stock class this year, to give us prostock guys a chance? lol,,,,
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:50 pm

It is the ear bud generation. They just don't care about car audio enough to want to compete ... as long as it has an aux input it is good to go.

now add the level that we are all competing at now ... crap, just to be competitive ... you have to buy a certain vehcile, and buy certain expensive amps.

As far as finals goes ... I would say see how the turnout is this year. If the two largest (and really the only two true orgs left) can't pull off a big success of a show, then maybe it is time to throw in the towel on a big show.

Prize money ain't going to do make a difference at all PERIOD!
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

Number of posts : 902

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:04 am

I think we need to team up with Mini Truckn magazine and Lowrider magazine and create the super shows they did in the past. If the magazines come back into it, then maybe some fresh blood and advertising will come in also. When I first started, I wanted to be in a magazine. Lowrider magazine gave me that chance. So I went to a show and I was hooked. Went to the organized sanctioned sound-off and bam, I was hooked like crackhead in a meth lab. We have lost that luster and the manufacture has seen the loss. They feel that it’s a dying trend and it just needs to go away. I’ve heard that in the industry. So why do they feel that way? Classes don’t appeal to the consumer. You need huge amps to be able to compete and they cost too much. Manufactures are not building these large amps because it’s too small of the sales pie to even break even. Yes there are a few manufactures that make these big amps. The manufacture are being hit hard and slowly cutting back, but in reality they are the big money spenders. There is no media coverage on paper or on the net for USACI. That’s why is dying off, because no media equals just another org like the others 50+ orgs. The smaller orgs get no coverage so they keep chugging along as being the next new great thing.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 2:07 pm

What is funny here is that so far, only the SPL guy's have replied. I think that this should go across the board for everyone. Money should be offered for everyone, and top prize should be for the top group. that is my .03 cents. .02 for my opinion, .01 for obama's 1 trillion dollar mess we are in...
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:32 pm

Damn Joe now why did you have to throw politics in the mix.
Anyway speakin from the streetbeaters I personally think money is a good idea but if it's gonna take away from finals as it is now then i say no don't do it. The main thing that bugs mr is the point system an why have it if you still have to fork out the 150 entry fee why not make that half if you have your points?!!!
My rants really isn't about getting money don't really care about that I like the trophys an stickers you get for winning. So I am with you Ralph buddy I started in UsAci I will stop in Usaci. Not saying any other is bad just don't really care about them cause I love my Usaci.
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:33 pm

Also I think streetbeaters should get belts for winning there class now that would be supa awesome.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:04 pm

I was just jokin Dave...LMAO...sorry...
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
bjfails
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
bjfails

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:59 pm

I had points to go to both orginazations tis year, but only going to USACi. I already know that if my class has 5 competitors in it I will place 5th. I would have taken 3rd and maybe 2nd in the other, but I like the glamour and atmosphere that USACi draws. If you want to raise a little at events to give $$$ away at finals ok, but getting 200-300 is not going to do anything for what I've got in my system so what ever.

And Jimbo, This is my 1st year and I'm in Pro-Stock am I in the wrong class man? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardkoreaudio.com
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:12 am

you have a chance man im not on the right coils so you have a chance homie
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:19 am

street beaters can't get money unless its sb5 anyways same as stock
Back to top Go down
JustinTD
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
JustinTD

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:17 pm

My few cents on this ....
1. Why not up the fee for competing a bit, say $5.00. $2.50 goes into a pot to be won at the end of the year by the top 3 people in that class, $2.50 goes to help cover costs of finals. So, if you have 0-600 people paying into that pot all year, it would be big at the end of the season.

Problem. Sounds good on paper, but when you have people who run 2-3 classes, that adds up quick; and in this economy, upping someone's cost by $10.00 - $15.00 a show is alot of money. I support the idea, but it needs to be refined a bit.

2. Why didn't I go to finals? I got laid off last Oct (almost a full year ago now) and have not been able to find work as an ER Technician anywhere in CT and some of the surrounding states. As such, I just can't afford to go from CT to OK for finals, I'm barely hanging on to my house LOL.

3. Stock people should move up? Some of us don't want walls and huge systems in our car. I like the idea of my system being 100% hidden and the car looking stock, rolling up next to some kid who has been driving up and down my road at 2-3am and blasting his stereo, rolling up my LC-1 and shaking his mirrors for him. I think stock is a valid class and takes alot of skill. It's not easy to design systems in 0-600 doing 150+ ... I have been trying for 2 seasons and finally pulled it off this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prize Money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prize Money?   Prize Money? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prize Money?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next