Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Finals Press Release Vote_lcapFinals Press Release Voting_barFinals Press Release Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Finals Press Release Vote_lcapFinals Press Release Voting_barFinals Press Release Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
kyle Johncarr silence world globe louisiana quad broken state contest chef crank records pics 80inches stereo songs dollar crzyblondgrl drive finals build record Audiopipe 2010 disc
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Finals Press Release

Go down 
+11
hunterw
la2lvtom
mod4000
dtbrown
TeamProdigyMike
team nutz dennis
bruce-bruce
Stingraysevenout
sanman
krazy_rabbit
BBGIC
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Finals Press Release Empty
PostSubject: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:53 am

USACi and dB Drag Racing Will Co-locate
World Finals on October 3-4, 2009 in Tulsa, OK

The dB Drag Racing Association and USACi is pleased to announce the co-location of the 22nd Annual USACi World Finals and the 12th Annual dB Drag Racing World Finals at the Tulsa Convention Center in Tulsa, OK on October 3-4, 2009. This “Car Audio Championship” sponsored by Car Toys of Tulsa, is a must see for anyone interested in fully customized cars and their car stereos. In addition to the car stereo event, a custom car show and entertainment will be offered.

The main exhibit hall of the Tulsa Convention center has over 100,000 sq.ft of floor space and is located in the heart of downtown Tulsa. With ample parking and a hotel connected via a skybridge; this facility is competitor, spectator and exhibitor friendly. The downtown Tulsa area boasts several restaurants and nightclubs within walking distance of the convention center.

USACi, dB Drag Racing and Bass Race competitors will all have the opportunity to compete in one location. With Tulsa centrally located, this will help reduce travel time and expenses to many competitors who typically compete at both World Finals.

For more info on the show or to inquire on exhibitor space, please contact one of the representatives at either USACi or the dB Drag Racing Association.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
krazy_rabbit
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
krazy_rabbit

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:00 pm

Woo Hoo !!! Gotta start sellin' them candy bars now....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/teamthirty3
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:03 pm

dem boii's over on termpro might be a little ticked off by now wich sux because this is good for both orgs
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Edited by Ralph.

Cuz Jimbo is so eloquent and forthcoming with his colloquialisms. I love you
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:45 pm

is 100,000sq ft enough for both orgs, USACi had more than that alone themselves at bartle
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:56 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:
is 100,000sq ft enough for both orgs, USACi had more than that alone themselves at bartle

Actually, it is about 125,000. We are doing SQ in the pre function hall. They will be the first and last thing seen by the sepctators.
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:57 pm

cool! just sounded small
Back to top Go down
team nutz dennis

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:16 pm

With Tulsa centrally located, this will help reduce travel time and expenses to many competitors who typically compete at both World Finals.

so 20 hours and a 2 day drive is better for me than a 6 hour drive how? and please show the math that makes it cheaper?
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:24 pm

team nutz dennis wrote:
With Tulsa centrally located, this will help reduce travel time and expenses to many competitors who typically compete at both World Finals.

so 20 hours and a 2 day drive is better for me than a 6 hour drive how? and please show the math that makes it cheaper?

If you travel to USACI and dB Drag then it is cheaper. If you only did Drag and Live in Pa then no math will reduce the cost.
Back to top Go down
team nutz dennis

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:30 pm

ralph i would do both but there are 0 shows in sw pa eastern ohio. There are 2 huge shows in pa that draw thousands of people intergrated with a car show. http://www.carsatcarlisle.com and people have ask fo shows in this area but we still dont get any
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:32 pm

I would like to see more USACI in that area as well. All we need is s few retailers who are willing to do it and USACI is there. For now the promoters in that area like DBDRA and do not promote USACI.
Back to top Go down
TeamProdigyMike
TeamProdigyMike

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:27 pm

since there are no shows in this area, how do we get to qualify for usaci finals?
Back to top Go down
team nutz dennis

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:40 pm

we could use quad math mike 0 shows = invite to finals
Back to top Go down
TeamProdigyMike
TeamProdigyMike

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:52 pm

there is 1 in ohio in aug. and thats all i can find
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:59 pm

TeamProdigyMike wrote:
there is 1 in ohio in aug. and thats all i can find

looks like u get a points curve the, Welcome to finals.
Back to top Go down
TeamProdigyMike
TeamProdigyMike

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Is that really how it works? because I dont think I can drive all over for shows
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Yes your state will have a points curve, depending upon number of shows in your state.
Back to top Go down
dtbrown

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:25 pm

It's a good idea over all but won't work for drag guys that well. I hope it works out and is one of the best finals in years for drag guys but the way the boards are talking on termpro doesn't look that way. Even though we're not competing I'll still go to hang out.
Back to top Go down
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:48 pm

I feel for the drag guy and most of them over there are really good guys. We have bitched alot about finals locations over the years so now its them. SO, go back and remember what we went through and understand thier pain.

I do feel this is a great thing that Ralph and Wayne are doing its just rough on alot of DB Drag competitors.

I really hope to meet alot of them at finals
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:44 pm

So is the points curve based on state or region? If it is based on region and in region 10 there have been only 2 shows in Nevada and 0 in California but you get a jerk like me who has the funds and flexability at work to travel to shows will I be messing up the curve for people in this region that really want to go to finals but can't travel to far away shows (I'm over 100 points more than the next person in this region and have a triple pointer planned in July so I'll pull even further away and get my 200 points) now I think I should just stop going to shows so I wont throw the curve off and maybe get some more invites out to this region. For those of you in Pa. and Ohio I feel for you but at least Cedar Point is within driving distance for you Smile And in quads defense he was at a show in Arizona that I was at and took a first place so he does have 15 points in USACi
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:14 am

its based on regions i think.based on # of shows in an area. not like one person setting a curve like grades in school lol.
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:15 am

negative, they switched it to states.
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:35 am

Its a good thing its not on a curve like they use in school cause there would be a couple of pissed off competitors here who know where I live and I don't feel like scrapping eggs off my house and getting toilet paper out of my trees lol
Back to top Go down
audioroach

Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:37 am

Hmmm.... I may have to look into this
Back to top Go down
dtbrown

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:39 am

Since there is absolutely no shows for drag by Il or Wi maybe I'll dab in Usaci if I can find a show. What class would you suggest for a Street A guy?
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:41 am

its all dependant on you amp. Smile its ratings at 4 ohms. i dont know much about drag though.....how do most street a setups go? 50 oga runs,1 small battery, big amp? one or two small subs?
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:57 pm

Points curve is by state based on number of shows in htat state and points value. The number of point earned by any individual in that state is not part of the calculation.

If a state has 0 shows then there are two open invites. Any person may apply for one of thsoe invites. We will consider points accrued first and then pictures and vehicle second.
Back to top Go down
team nutz dennis

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:09 pm

ralph i have another finals related question. I run equipment and i have their stickers on my van do they need to be removed b4 i compete in usaci and will i be able to move my van from one side of the building to the other?
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:33 pm

team nutz dennis wrote:
ralph i have another finals related question. I run equipment and i have their stickers on my van do they need to be removed b4 i compete in usaci and will i be able to move my van from one side of the building to the other?

Promoting a sponsor is fine. If the sticker is a vehicle wrap then it is the same as that company having a free booth. If they have a booth then the issue is mute. If they use you for a free booth then that says something about the company.

We will try and use some common sense in that regard.

Yes, you will be able to get from one side to the other with little trouble.
Back to top Go down
memphis_yota
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:19 pm

No shows in Georgia can I apply for my invite now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finals Press Release   Finals Press Release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finals Press Release
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next