Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
just for Champion...and the rest Vote_lcapjust for Champion...and the rest Voting_barjust for Champion...and the rest Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
just for Champion...and the rest Vote_lcapjust for Champion...and the rest Voting_barjust for Champion...and the rest Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
build stereo 2010 80inches louisiana crank finals silence songs chef pics broken contest record records disc world Johncarr dollar state drive kyle quad crzyblondgrl Audiopipe globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

just for Champion...and the rest

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

just for Champion...and the rest Empty
PostSubject: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:47 pm

What is the difference in an Intermediate car and an Advanced car in regards to installation? I know the rule book as written now...I want to know your opinions.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:13 pm

22 views...got some attention out there. Speak up guys...no one is going to attack anyone. Just wanting to see everyone's opinion.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Good question, let me digest this for a bit and I'll reply to ya about my thoughts and or concerns, but mostly my opinion....
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 4:53 pm

I want to see what you say...LOL...then I'll give my opinion as well.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:20 pm

I'll be watching and commenting when the time is right.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:49 pm

By the book mind you...there is no difference except for what you want points for. A very nice intermediate car will max out the scoresheet...move that car to advanced and now it has room for creativity but it is also critiqued on fit-finish, build quality, etc. Sound wise...advanced really raises the bar because not only is it more in detail but it is also two seat.

Now...the black and white stuff is out of the way...all that's left is for opinion.

My opinion: As the rule book is layed out now, there is no real difference in what we are seeing in the lanes at Finals looking from the outside in. Strong competitors build for the class above them to be competitive in existing classes. From what I remember, the top 3 Intermediate cars in Pro and Consumer could have all been classified as advanced. So what's the difference? The competitor...that's the difference. Advanced requires a different 'sales' tactic during your presentation. It's not just a comfort level but it is a knowledge level of your vehicle. Some people get this naturally...some people it takes time and experience. I encourage those in Intermediate to shadow the expert cars. The expert cars are the epitome of our sport. That's one of the reasons they are there is to push that envelope. I encourage everyone to watch these guys at your next big show. See what they are pointing out as important. There are expert cars in the lanes now and in building phases that are built front to back and top to bottom...it would take them 20 minutes to present the car the way most of us do it. They do it in less than half of that.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:57 am

Hmmmm, I pretty much agree with you Lord Vader..... the rules are what they are. my opinion would be to lose the intermediate, and change the amount of points awarded for presentation.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:34 pm

LOL.
I would love to see Intermediate get a few things added to install such as fit and finish and theme maybe and then give them get the advanced scoresheet for sound yet it be judged as one seat.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Here is the real question...
What if..... There were some real reason to be in Pro or Expert class? You know great prizes,,, money, new vehicles etc... I wonder how many people would straggle around in the other classes? Because in all honestness the only reason to compete at this point, is if you want a trophy or want to be know as winner of that particular class..... Thats it, I wonder why we all even do this sometimes..... We can all say because we enjoy competition, well we could just as easily go to a Bass fishing tournament,,, oh wait a minute we might win money,,, We could go join a Bowling league and enter tournaments, oh wait a minute we might win money. We could do a tone of other things that would truly be more productive...... (<being very scarcastic, please dongt flame me...)
Back to top Go down
MAGNATUDE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MAGNATUDE

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:21 am

I respect everyones opinion but I have to disagree making Intermediate harder for competitors purely for the reason of growth for our sport.

If we are to learn from Usaci's history, we shouldn't repeat mistakes made in the past. The difficulty with the then unsimplified rules (Read: Known as Advanced rules today) for new and intermediate competitors made it daunting and frustrating for everyone involved. Trying to get new blood in the sport proved very dissapointing. This is one major reason SQ's growth was stunted in the west and probably repeated multiple times elsewhere in the country.

True Life experience; A Usac sanctioned SQ competition was put on for the first time by a famous shop in California. The shop, very excitedly promoted the show in print ads and radio broadcast and their customers came out in droves to try SQ competition. It was a perfect sunny day, the turnout was great as the shops parking lot overflowed with cars and everyone had a great time til the end when the awards and score sheets were given out.

At the time, because of the current rules (similar to Advance) were being used, the shops new and intermediate customers/competitors were surprised how badly they scored in installation compared to a few seasoned veterans and they blamed the shop for not going far enough with all the installation details. To make a long story short, the shops customers never returned and the shop never again called Usac to put on a 2nd show.

Intermediate rules should be written to encourage the competitive spirit to the next level without overwhelming them. Otherwise, we will repeat mistakes made in the past and we can continue the doom and gloom atmosphere in our little SQ world.

(09/9)
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:14 am

both organizations were a lot stronger before they started simplifying things....we are moving in the wrong direction
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:50 am

Very True,,,, There are many reasons for why car audio competition is down or maybe in certain areas growing.... And we can all point our own fingers at what we think the reason or cause is..... One thing for sure,,,, Back in the day when UASCi and IASCA had strong and stern rules, Competition was alot bigger than they are today..... And guess what shops did better work than they do today..... Alot of shops think the only time they need to do things 100 percent right is if its a competition vehicle, and half the time they still do not do it right.... I can promise you that any shop in the country,, If they perform the install by the book wheather it be a basic one amp or 5 amp system it should score the same.... And in my opinion the USACi rule book and the IASCA rule book are a couple of the only Car Audio Installation Manuals avialable to help an installer do a good job everytime... Right or wrong at least they are a reference to go by. I dont beleive for a minute that consumers do not become competitors because of tough rules....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just for Champion...and the rest   just for Champion...and the rest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just for Champion...and the rest
Page 1 of 1