Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
finals - Unified Finals thought Vote_lcapfinals - Unified Finals thought Voting_barfinals - Unified Finals thought Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
finals - Unified Finals thought Vote_lcapfinals - Unified Finals thought Voting_barfinals - Unified Finals thought Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crank Audiopipe record songs kyle records chef Johncarr stereo pics silence finals broken louisiana globe state disc crzyblondgrl dollar 2010 contest world drive quad build 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Unified Finals thought

Go down 
+9
Greg McCool
Navi
sanman
slumpinhonda
SPL Blazer
TECH114
hunterw
Nick
mod4000
13 posters
AuthorMessage
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-06-21

finals - Unified Finals thought Empty
PostSubject: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:13 am

Your opinions please

I say "FOR THIS YEAR ONLY"

If you qualify to got to DB Drag finals you automatically get invite to USACi finals and visversa. If you qualify for USACi finals you get invite to DBdrag finals.

I say this year only because this might just spark interest in us competitors to start doing the other org so the next year we can be able to do both. It will benefit both orgs because of maybe more shows and more competitors for both orgs.

I for one would do drag if there was shows in my area. This may even spark some long awaited combined org local shows, meaning more competitors for both orgs at more events.

Lets face it, we ALL are competitive as hell and would jump at a chance to go to a local show and win in both orgs because, well..... WE LIKE TO WIN!
Back to top Go down
Nick
Above Average Contributor
Nick

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:36 am

economically correct for manufacture support.

are you hinting possibly at a merge of some sort?

different formats, but would try the dbdrag format. have no idea what class i would be in with drag. really no drag shows in this area.
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:39 am

i want to do a dbdrag vehicle i think it would be cool. i think it would be cool, i think you should at least be as member of both orgs. that will help both orgs
Back to top Go down
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:43 am

No merger. Each stay their own org. And yes Hunter you would have to atleast be a member of both orgs to run both.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:46 am

Great idea Rob. Qualify for 1 organization and compete in both at finals.. Plus both org. will get more $$$ at finals
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:49 am

And new competitors at local shows next year for both orgs
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:52 am

Yes. It's a win win for both org. and this sport.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:59 am

Thats what we need, WIN WIn for sport not just 1 org or the other
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:23 pm

I think it's a great idea to have a unified Finals, but the location needs to be in a better place. The majority of the Northeast dB Drags competitors have voiced their opinions in the Drags forums and won't be attending Finals because of the location. The majority of Drags competitors in the US seem to be on the east coast and the northern states, not on Texas or Oklahoma areas, those are USACi areas. So the location is great for USACi, the idea is great, but the location for a unified Finals isn't going to work.

We haven't been told anything official by Wayne Harris, but I seriously doubt he's going to let USACi competitors compete in Drags Finals unless they've qualified for it by getting their 75 points. If he does do this then 50% of the Drags competitors that do want to go to Finals won't show up for it.
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:39 pm

Rob your an F'N Genius man!!!!!!!!!! hell of an idea!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:37 pm

was just over on termpro they dont like this idea at all
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Gotta be more to it than just buying a membership, it wouldnt be right for someone to have to travel to get points to qualify then have someone else to just buy a membership after having qualified in the other and not gathering points.

Theres been people qualify for enough points to qualify for both orgs prior to them being a joint venture no reason that should change now.

The next arguement will be that some shows from each org arent offered everywhere for competitors and they have to drive far distances to get those points, sorry bout your luck been that way for awhile. 2004 I think the majority of my shows for db drag were in Oklahoma when I lived in Houston, probably 7+ hour drive one way.
We start making exceptions to long standing rules and you start running off people who have abided by them for extended periods of time.

If anything it should be more of the main shows (and smaller ones too) should host both orgs during the year so people can aquire enough points to qualify for both. Heatwave Austin etc, NWA already does this with their shows no reason other shops cant follow in their footsteps. This would allow competitors the ability to get points and qualified for each venue without having to attend different shows and keep their cost down.
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:00 pm

It will never work... In Drag its hard to get your points and they like it that way for some reason. They don't want you to go to one 3X and now your able to go to finals. In drag you have to work for it. One show one class one set of point's per show.
If they do the point swapping It will be WAY EZ'r to get USACi point's to compete in Drag.
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:47 pm

u can make drag finals by winning 4 shows. its not that hard greg. a 3x is 24 points and there are tons of 3xs that have empty classes. competeting in both org, for years i love the idea.it cuts costs, add competition and should bring crossover competitors. and as far s the whole east coast drag, midwest has always had a big drag following and was the biggest drag following for a long time so you'll need another excuse on the location. may even bring some of the old heavyhitters back inthe game.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:20 pm

I say at least half the points requirement though. Meaning this though ...

You get the points in drag, then you get at least half your points for USACi then you get the other half from that ORG itself. I don't mind tossing a carrot ... but don't like getting free meals.
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:17 pm

The current rules need to stand, if you get enough points in Drags you can get the invite to Finals, if you get enough points in USACi for an invite you can go to USACi Finals. Wayne isn't stupid, he's never going to allow someone from USACi to compete in Drags if they haven't received their points like everyone else has had to do. It wouldn't be fair to the competitors in either org to let this happen. I spent the day on the phone with a lot of the Northeast competitors in Drags and all but one said they won't go to finals if it takes place in Omaha, and that one person will only do it if his sponsors pay his way. So it looks like there won't be much of a turnout from the Northeast for either org.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:19 pm

omaha lol has somethig else changed??????
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:25 pm

lol, nah, I didn't even realize I had posted Omaha.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:27 pm

thats cause most are so busy bitching about finals being in Tulsa they are losing site of what most of our main golas are, and thats attending world finals frst, and winning second.
Back to top Go down
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:34 pm

You love a free meal LOL
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:00 pm

I think they have taken a huge load off for the people who want to attend both AND are willing to travel.
its saving you a weekend of gas and meals and hotel stays, if that's not enough then you want too much handed to you IMO
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:18 am

this is huge....think about it...LOTS MORE COMPANYS are goin to be willing to spend the money to get a booth once instead of twice, and that mean more competitor support. more spectators cause of the combined finals even with the people bitching...we need to be getting companies, manufacturers, ect "outside" of car audio into this finals to see the huge amount of people that come to these that will expose their company or product at a very low cost. this can be as big as we make it....end of story..no b!tching..lets take the positive route..
Back to top Go down
dBSteve
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
dBSteve

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:11 am

Can't happen, this is why

In db drag, you have to have a "certified" score. Meaning, you must go to a 2X or a 3X point event and place in the top 8 in order to get this. Ok, no problem, this is possible.

Second. dB Drag invites the top 15 people ( according to certified score ) per class. So, not only do you have to attend a 2X or 3X point event, but it must be in the top 15 in the USA. dB Drag competitors have to drive long distances and put up big #'s in order to do this. For someone to compete w/o getting a certified score or being in the top 15 would not be right to those competitors that did.

Third. dB Drag finals and Usaci finals works in 2 different ways. In dB Drag, competitors must qualify in order, starting with the "not so loud" people with the lowest certified score ( 15th place going into finals ) and continues to the loudest top competitor in the class. They do anywhere from 2 to 4 classes at a time. Example: Street A, Street Max, Super Street 1-2 & Extreme 1-2 may be qualifing at the same time. Lets say from 9am till 10:30am. There is no jumping out of line and qualifying later on in the day. For those competing in both organizations, you would be changing out alot of equipment.

Usaci doesn't allow additional equipment in the vehicle during your run, however, db drag does as long as its not "hooked up". This could either help or hurt.

dB Drag Quarter Final Elimination rounds usually starts around 3PM on Saturday ( top 8 from each class ). Depending on how you qualified, will depend on when and who you go up against in eliminations. The time you go up from 3PM till lets say 6pm or 7pm will vary. Also, I've seen Semi Finals also done on Saturday for a couple of classes.

In Usaci, re-runs are done on Sunday, along with the B&K in the afternoon. For those competitors wanting to re-run or do the B&K that are competing in dB Drag eliminations, this could be a problem.

Basically, while you can run when ever you want in Usaci, dB Drag does not allow this. Maybe those "cross over" competitors can run at a certain time in Usaci when its not going to interfere with dB Drag order ( on both days ).

dB Drag is strict when it comes to timing. I've seen stop watches used and seen people DQ'd for not being in the lane on time. Your given 5 minutes to set up your vehicle, this includes mic placement. If your not ready, the other guy wins by default. Your also required 2 minutes to tear down and be out of the lanes in order for the next competitor to move in. The judges, mainly the international ones, are very particular when it comes to times. This can be bad if a Usaci competitor is doing his Usaci run and not able to be in the dB Drag lanes at the right time.

However, I'm sure a Usaci competitor would focus more on Usaci than dB Drag and wouldnt' worry if they made it on time or not. If this did happen, the 9th place qualifier ( the one that didn't make brackets for the finals ) would think he got screwed out of 8th place or higher cause the Usaci competitor 'didn't care'.

I am sure both parties can figure out a way to possibly make things work to give both competitors a chance to experience both formats.

An idea: Have a "combined" format where you take both your Outlaw score and your dB Drag legal score and combine them to get an over all score and have special awards for that. Kinda like Bass Olympics ... sorta.

My $0.02
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unified Finals thought   finals - Unified Finals thought Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unified Finals thought
Page 1 of 1