Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Vote_lcapJudging in 2009 - Page 2 Voting_barJudging in 2009 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Vote_lcapJudging in 2009 - Page 2 Voting_barJudging in 2009 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
2010 globe quad record build dollar Audiopipe pics chef records louisiana disc stereo finals kyle contest broken drive songs Johncarr crzyblondgrl world 80inches crank silence state
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Judging in 2009

Go down 
+13
tijuana_no
Matt_Sibley
jayhawkblk
Monte B.
TeamCobra1
24 Bug
OnYrMrk
bmuhammad1
Chris's Studio Civic
Stingraysevenout
SQRSX
doitor
jsketoe
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

LOL...seriously, due to the calls I've had to judge and what-not and the need for more judges, I'll be judging during the year next year for sure. Some don't care...some do. I just figured I'd let directors and what not know here. This is really directed to them...and Mike, Ralph, Tim...etc.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:59 am

This sounds like it could work.. And Jorge is gonna drive from Mexico just to do this????? That is dedication right there. So Me and Mickey push for the Texas area come on guys that would make the trip for jorge a little better....HEHE (no intent on making it a shorter trip for my old diabetic barley moving ass) LOL okay maybe it was anyway im there if needed...

AND I SECOND WHAT SKETOE SAID. SO THAT MEAN JANISSA,AND HER WHOLE CREW PLUS IM SURE A FEW OTHERS AS WELL THAT NEED SQ TRAINING...knowing how to run spl and coordinate events is a whole different ballgame than judging sq properly. I get so sick of hearing a new person telling me ohhhhhhhhh well i was told why have all those subs in the vehicle if your not gonna turn them up... Judges have actually said this to compditors??????????????/ WTF. Makes me sick to my fornicating stomach.

Not picking on Janissa wasn't her or her crew they are trying like hell and doing a good job and learning but i love the idea of getting current ppl trained. And ones that want to judge trained as well. Janissa has done alot to get better to offer her compeditors some good advise and soforth. But i will say there are at least 3 more that need to go that are currently judging and i will say it first and whoever wants to get mad a me fine but ima say Rick Randell needs to be the FIRST one to show up at this meeting.. And actually has the gull to tell ppl what do you mean ive been doing this longer than you been alive i know what the hell im talking about.. blah blah and then tells someone WHY DONT YOU USE ALL THOSE SUBS .... Anyway he is my boy and all i party all tha time with him but bidness is bidness and some ppl got no bidness telling others that....

In my opinion it only confuses the compeditor more when he hears that Dung Pile and turns around and does it then goes to a show were stickler in the mudd chris pate and I are judging. Well that guy is gonna have no chance and me telling him like it is and chris telling him the same in his own version...LOL come on you know chris could make some cry sometimes.... But can you imagine the kids attitude when him and i get through judging the car? I think it only causes more problems...

The other thing i need to get of my chest is this how in the f u c k do you drive 3 or 4 hours to a show pay your entry and not even get judged just because your the only one in your class??????????????? I dont give a Dung Pile who you are or what you have done in this sport fuuuuuuuck that .. Compeditors from my day would whooop somebodies ass like could you imagine me and mickey b and john pitts all drive to ummmmmm say midland for a small double point show and we get there pay and then nobody ever judges our cars.(even if they have judged it 1 million times) NOT FUCKKING KEWL. We all three would catch a case garanteed. So why is it okay to do to all the new guys now, just because they dont know any better? well i will tell you that is one of the reasons i started judging cause i was seeing that happen alot 6 years ago..

END OF MY RANT THAT WAS MAKING NO SENSE TO ANYONE BUT ME.......... THANKS GUYS
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:12 am

Jimbo for President.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:23 am

Somebody get in touch with me for real....and I promise we will get this set up. Then there can be a whole bunch of well trained ears out there so ralph and co. will not have to scramble for judges! You guys know the number call me up!
Back to top Go down
doitor
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
doitor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Stingraysevenout wrote:
This sounds like it could work.. And Jorge is gonna drive from Mexico just to do this????? That is dedication right there. So Me and Mickey push for the Texas area come on guys that would make the trip for jorge a little better....HEHE (no intent on making it a shorter trip for my old diabetic barley moving ass) LOL okay maybe it was anyway im there if needed...

LOL.

Jorge.
Back to top Go down
24 Bug
24 Bug

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:11 pm

Texas is the place --- maybe on the South side of LaGrange -- this would give me opportunity to be involved without competing -- I know it SUCKED a few years back to go to the 17 shows throughout the season and only actually get judged 5 times --- thats factoid -- Either I was the only one show up in SQ or we judged one anothers cars . My best judge was Jimbo / Nene down at Yogi Bear --- do you remember that Jimbo ???? LOLOL cherry
Jimbo for President indeed .
Back to top Go down
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/members/leno.html
Kompressor

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:10 pm

17 shows???? Hell, I'm lucky to hit 2 a year right now. Everyone in the midwest doing SQ, count your blessings. I would be in for a judges training, someone needs to get something started out here, even if I'm the only judge.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:01 pm

George,

I was just talking about you today to a friend of mine who swears that the best equipment out there for SPL is RF...and that they sound like crap for SQ...I then proceded to tell him about your Vette.

Good to see you might be in for this training too. Looking forward to talking with you then. OK Chris, I will call you Friday on your cell phone or there at Car Toys. We need to get this rolling.

--Joe
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:18 pm

understand...this has to be sanctioned from the home office for it to be an offical judges training. Chris or I could train whomever we want...but without the home office saying 'yes' then it wouldn't qualify you to judge a World Finals event or a major Regional for that matter. By the book at least.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:22 pm

I and Bramousse (sp) are the only two in this post that have judged a USACi WF, correct?
Back to top Go down
doitor
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
doitor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:19 am

jsketoe wrote:
understand...this has to be sanctioned from the home office for it to be an offical judges training.

John, you are close to Ralph, right?

Jorge.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:21 am

judging world finals don't mean Dung Pile....I had a guy from my home town judge me a few years ago in the best of show round at finals and he don't know his ass from a hole in the ground.....I don't think being certified matters.....although the last few years have been a lil better
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:00 am

MIckey...I know...I was just getting at the certification side of it...that way no one bitches in the future. Just want to make sure it's the way Ralph and Tim want for Finals judges.
I just don't want to hear 2 years from now..."well, at my judges training we defined this as ...." Then Ralph replies, "that's incorrect...".
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Good thread… I see interest here on the net, now, would you be willing to follow through??

After hearing about this thread, I made a phone call to a certain bald guy (who used to have hair by the way affraid ) and threw this plan at him.

This is only available to people who are SERIOUS about judging. Not just one show or two but multiple shows. Do I still have everyone’s interest?? Question

Ok, here’s the deal. If someone wants to attend one of Mark Eldridge’s SQ seminars, that would qualify them for the sound only portion of judging. To become fully certified, they would need to buddy up with a current certified judge at a show and learn the install portion of the SQ sheet. Once that person has completed both of those prerequisites, they would then be responsible for judging 4 SQ events before WF2009. If ALL of the previous are met, Ralph stated that he would refund the tuition money it cost the person to attend Mark’s seminar. He’s not going to pay travel, lodging or per diem to attend the seminar so don’t even ask (I already did Laughing )

This is a win, win, win situation for everyone. USACI get’s a larger pool of judges. Competitors get a more varied judge’s base to get judged by. Mark fills his seminars and gets people up to speed on what things are supposed to sound like and why. Finally, the new judge wins because he or she essentially gets free training and the ability to possibly make a little money on the weekends helping the organization out to do something they would already probably be doing anyway. This is also a win situation for the team guys because then they wouldn’t be stuck judging their own cars. We ALL know how much controversy that causes and that’s why it’s not a good idea to judge your own cars to begin with. I applaud Chris and others for stepping up but if everyone is serious about this, they won’t have to in the future when they have a conflict in the lanes.

What do you have to do?? Make sure you attend the seminar, keep your receipt, and after the seminar call the office and find a show that you can judge install at. Once that’s done, get your name on the list as an SQ judge and/or volunteer to judge some shows.

Now, it’s up to you guys. If you’re serious, I should have a LOT larger pool of judges to pull from at finals now and in the future and the directors should be able to pull from a much larger pool as well. A side benefit of this is if we have more judges, there is a lot more opportunity for SQ events since we’ve got people to judge them. Hell, I bet even Jaffe would do add SQ to his events if he had someone he could count on and trust to be at the events to run the SQ portion of the event.

The decision is yours......
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:19 pm

pony up.
I'll be at Eldridge's seminar the 28th and 29th...if I can make it work out. Hope to see some new blood there.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:45 am

that sounds like a good idea or at least a step in the right direction....one thing to consider is make sure the person there judging with is qualified to train install (QUALIFIED NOT CERTIFIED)....to many people judge on there own page instead of by the book.....just a thought ..a certified judge is not necessarily a qualified teacher
Back to top Go down
foosman 100
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
foosman 100

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:38 am

I wrote Ralph when Chris was saying he was dropping out of judging and inquired about getting certified as a judge. I have never judged, but have been a practicing musician all my life so being certified shouldn't be to much of a stretch. If enough of us get certified then there ought to be no problem getting some good judges in any event. As long as I am not competing (or a team member) I would be glad to lend a hand here in the Texas and neighboring states arenas.
Someone follow up on this and I am willing to do whatever is needed to get certified.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:04 am

MIckey...CORRECT

foosman...it's done, no following up needed. Go to the class, keep your receipts. Then get your shows judged within the time frame to be reimbursed. afro
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:42 pm

im working out of town right now so I know I can't make it.....but im curious how much the class cost....I've been certified since 97 and helped teach a training in 98 so I believe im still certified....the class sounds like a good idea for anyone no matter how much experience they have ....wish I could make it.....hope its a good turn out
Back to top Go down
foosman 100
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
foosman 100

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:30 am

Mark is going to have a seminar here in the DFW area real soon after Tulsa. I will be attending so that will cover the sound portion. I'll get with Sketoe and see if I can be his shadow on a couple of install judgings. I don't care about SPL end of things unless it is imperative. This is exciting.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:13 am

Mickey, I was certified at the meeting in '98. I don't see you having any problems. Not in my opinion at least.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:52 pm

How much for the seminar? That is going to weigh heavily on whether I can do this or not.

I will keep you advised when I get the final price.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:53 pm

I believe it's $395.00 if you ar competing at the Tulsa invitational.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:35 pm

No, I wouldn't be competiting, but I might be able to scrounge that up
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:38 am

I have gotten the time off, and I have been approved by the better half to come to the SQ Seminar. I have been in constant contact with Mark Eldridge and will be bringing in my car to use for imaging, speaker placement, and designing. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Chris, I will be calling you today to ask a favor of you if at all possible.

Take care and I look forward to seeing everyone there.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:32 pm

Someone please sticky this...I'm a mod but kind find where to sticky it.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:59 am

Well the seminar was exactly what I thought it would be. It was well worth the money that it cost and I would recommend it to anyone. The only drawback was that it truly was an ADVANCED class, and some of the concepts were far beyond my understanding.

I did however get to judge the USACi contest in Tulsa with Ben Vollmer. That in and of itself was awesome!

Thanks Chris for offering me the chance to judge. I think this may be a calling for me. I had a blast.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:25 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judging in 2009   Judging in 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judging in 2009
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2