Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
SQ at World Finals Vote_lcapSQ at World Finals Voting_barSQ at World Finals Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
SQ at World Finals Vote_lcapSQ at World Finals Voting_barSQ at World Finals Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef finals songs state dollar 2010 stereo Johncarr build kyle contest silence disc broken world quad crank record crzyblondgrl globe pics drive records 80inches Audiopipe louisiana
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

SQ at World Finals

Go down 
+10
ER Allen
Jan Bennett
emperorjj1
txcomp
Matt_Sibley
bmuhammad1
Iron Maiden
Stingraysevenout
jsketoe
Northern SQ
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Northern SQ

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-06-23

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 3:14 am

Is it confirm by USACi that -

There are no wattage classes for finals?

Is SPL capped at 12o in Inter. SQ and Advanced?
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:26 am

That's what I understand thus far.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:34 am

HEHE... Hey John WHAT CD.... lol

Had to throw a kink in their somewhere... hehe
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-25

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:44 am

Northern SQ wrote:
Is it confirm by USACi that -

There are no wattage classes for finals?

Is SPL capped at 12o in Inter. SQ and Advanced?

I know that was the case at scrapin the coast. I would imagine the same at finals. unsure though. I personally wish spl portion would be eliminated. Just my opinion. That is as it pertains to SQ.
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:37 pm

I was told by Larry pagelsdorf that the SPL potion was not going to be used in SQ. I just went to a show a couple weeks ago in Baraboo and the SPL portion was not done on my car so I believe that the SPL portion will not be used
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:41 pm

I capped SPL at 120dB just like they did at the San Antonio Heatwave show. I was told this was the way things would be done and therefore ran them that way at the show. All SQ competitors went over 120dB and therefore received maximum points for the SPL portion of the scoresheets. The placings would not have changed if SPL were removed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 7:46 pm

My question is why even have SPL if the cap is only 120 db. Anybody could do that...even a pair of midbass could do that. Its worthless.
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 9:03 pm

Initially the SPL portion was thrown completely out and then I got a message from Ralph later to put it back in and cap it at 120. I'm not 100% sure of the reason but I BELIEVE it is due to wanting to keep some semblance of the old SQ format.

I'm not sure what is going to happen at finals as it all hinges on personnel availability. It also depends on logistics since we are moving to a new facility that most of us haven't even seen yet, I'm sure there are going to be challenges.

Since SPL is used as a tie breaker in the Basic Division then I'm sure we'll have to have a judge do at least that division so I suspect that same judge will do all of the cars....
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 3:31 am

whats sq
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 6:04 am

what does it take to do sq at finals?
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 3:17 pm

Matt_Sibley wrote:
I capped SPL at 120dB just like they did at the San Antonio Heatwave show. I was told this was the way things would be done and therefore ran them that way at the show. All SQ competitors went over 120dB and therefore received maximum points for the SPL portion of the scoresheets. The placings would not have changed if SPL were removed.

No thats not what I am saying, I am still getting to know my hu and processor and the tone went through the front stage and almost made me crap my pants Embarassed I know it would not have changed placings nor would I have expected them to change. Finishing second is like finishing last to me. Its like sketoe said in his old signature, I forget but I think it was to the effect of...."something, something, getting my butt kicked only to make me work harder. I know I butchered it but you get the meaning. Later dude
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 3:30 pm

emperorjj1 wrote:

To place or show up Laughing
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 3:35 pm

txcomp wrote:
Initially the SPL portion was thrown completely out and then I got a message from Ralph later to put it back in and cap it at 120. I'm not 100% sure of the reason but I BELIEVE it is due to wanting to keep some semblance of the old SQ format.

I'm not sure what is going to happen at finals as it all hinges on personnel availability. It also depends on logistics since we are moving to a new facility that most of us haven't even seen yet, I'm sure there are going to be challenges.

Since SPL is used as a tie breaker in the Basic Division then I'm sure we'll have to have a judge do at least that division so I suspect that same judge will do all of the cars....
I have an idea for location of Nationals next year, instead of moving further north I have some acerage behind the house filled with pecan trees I will fire up the chainsaw (for the trees) and fire up the smoker(for our bellies) this way I wont have to leave my backyard. lol! Ok gettin outta here to go fishing. Later Smile
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 1:32 am

ironmaiden wrote:
emperorjj1 wrote:

To place or show up Laughing

to get an invite
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 8:58 am

I forget what the points requirement is?
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-06-22

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 2:59 pm

Yeah - what CD will be used this year?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:35 am

I'm bringing the old 97 disc. LOL...I haven't heard of any change from what we used last year...Mapleshade/wheel disc.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:38 am

On the note of SPL...I seriously think I could hit cap on my front stage on a AC mic. LOL.
Back to top Go down
ER Allen
ER Allen

Number of posts : 21

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:27 pm

Do we use music or tone to do SPL? I have been to one show so far and didn't want to run SPL.

I practiced a little on the term-lab and I was doing low 20s with factory head unit and factory 6x9s in my car.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 12:55 am

music. all you need is cap...what ever it takes to do it.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 1:51 am

jsketoe wrote:
On the note of SPL...I seriously think I could hit cap on my front stage on a AC mic. LOL.

If you want to, I can meet you in Conway with my calibrated AC just to play around a little.

I think I could reach a 120 cap from a deck and 4 Laughing The cap should atleast be 135 or 140 as in the past IMO.
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 8:12 am

I personally dont like running spl. Mainly because I am still learning my processor and dont like the sweep running through my components. Sad
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 11:50 am

Thanks Jon! I doubt I'll need it...I'm just going to crank the sub up and go with it. I think maxed out the car would probably do a 140. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 11:55 am

I'll put it this way..I think this is funny...on Madonna's Immaculate Collection, I think the name of the song is "You'll see"...chorus says, "all on my own, I don't need anyone this time.." Anyway, at the beginning of the chart it's just Spanish acoustic guitar, castenets, her, and a nasty low impact drum synthed. With the door open on the car and that song cranked up, it knocked crap off the shelves in my garage. LOL.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:50 pm

I thought I was the only geek on the street that used "Immaculate Collection" for listening and some tuning Shocked While were goin there, let's not forget to break out the "Billy Jean" Cool
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 pm

Dude, I already would've busted out with "History" but it's in my wife's CD case.
I've been spinning the Focal disc(s), some Mike Stern, some Dave Weckl, some Jeff Watts, ...Peter Gabriel and Sting go in once it starts to get tuned in right. Little bit DMB too.
Back to top Go down
montyj
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
montyj

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-07-12

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 1:39 pm

Thats funny, My wife won't even listen to the old stuff. Does your wife likes to jam on the old grooves? Mine can't stand anything but Monster ballads.
Back to top Go down
http://performanceaudiotexas.com
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 7:27 am

wht do you guys think of the track "such great heights" by the postal service? thats the one im probably going to tune with once i get my processors in but i cant seem to find the actual cd
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 11:48 pm

Hey Monty....that's my wife's Madonna CD...and MJ CD I refered to. LOL.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 8:49 pm

That's my story too! And I'm stickin to it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SQ at World Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SQ at World Finals   SQ at World Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SQ at World Finals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next