Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Vote_lcapStock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Voting_barStock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Vote_lcapStock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Voting_barStock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
record broken contest kyle pics world finals records Audiopipe silence state drive dollar songs crzyblondgrl quad stereo Johncarr globe crank chef louisiana 80inches build 2010 disc
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Another Explorer Stock Rule

Go down 
+5
BBGIC
DMAN
sanman
idbl_fanatic
Nice
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Empty
PostSubject: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:17 pm

I understand that equipment can be placed on the rear folded seat back while competing.
I also understand that the seat back must be operational.
Here's my question. Does the seat back have to be operational with the equipment mounted on it or can the equipment be moved after the run to prove that that the seat back is fully operational?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Thats a good one, best bet is to call the office and ask that one. 1-479-750-0505
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:24 pm

I hope it is the latter of the two. I may have to call. Thanks Bruce.
Back to top Go down
idbl_fanatic
Above Average Contributor
idbl_fanatic

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:32 pm

When I had my Tahoe, I had the amp mounted on the back of the seats, the seat were still fully functional. Granted they were heavier than SH**

Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule 100_3106

Last edited by idbl_fanatic on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:35 pm

I THOUGHT I POSTED HMMM
WHEN I RAN MY ECLIPSE IN STOCK WITH THE AMPS MOUNTED ON THE FOLD DOWN SEAT THEY MADE ME FOLD IT UP TO ENSURE IT LATCHED, AND THE EQUIPMENT DIDNT GO OVER THE TOP OF THAT SEAT AS WELL THEN WHEN I WAS DEEMED LEAGAL I COULD LOWER IT BACK DOWN
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:38 pm

But can the equipment be moved from the fold down after the run to show that the seats are functional?
Back to top Go down
idbl_fanatic
idbl_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:41 pm

I would say no, they would need to be mounted, I don't think that would be fair to others if you were able to have that "extra" room for amps by laying the seats down, then when you put the seats up, you move them so that the seats latch

Actually, now that I think about it, there was a show that I was at, that another competitor had this same thing where his seats was not functional and he needed to go into MOD.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Here are the rules:

Rear passenger seats may be folded down during testing but may not be removed, nor may any
part of the seat be removed. Rear seat backs may be unbolted and folded over for testing but
may not be removed from the vehicle.
Amplifiers may be attached to the seat backs and folded down during testing. In such cases the
seat must be able to return and lock into the factory position after testing
. Factory panels in the
cargo area may be removed to facilitate the system installation

Now it does not say that the amplifiers must still be mounted to the seat after the run in the locked position.

Last edited by Nice on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:53 pm

Grey area, I wouldnt play in it, You can clearly see the intent of the rule.
Back to top Go down
idbl_fanatic
idbl_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:58 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:
Grey area, I wouldnt play in it, You can clearly see the intent of the rule.

Ditto. I'm telling ya, Jaffe put a guy into MOD for this exact thing, because he would have to move stuff in order to make the seats lock back into place.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:03 pm

According to what is written, Jaffe was wrong but I guess it goes by the judges interpretation, so I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:05 pm

No jaffe wasnt wrong, its stated mounted to seat, Some people push the rules to see what they can get by with, We would have a endless rule book to write out the bs.
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:09 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:
No jaffe wasnt wrong, its stated mounted to seat, Some people push the rules to see what they can get by with, We would have a endless rule book to write out the bs.

x2
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:10 pm

THE JUSGE HAS THE RIGHT TO RULE HOW HE SEE'S FIT THAT IS ALSO IN THE RULES
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Equipment must be mounted to and remain mounted to the seat back in order to qualify. seat must go back to factory position with the equipment mounted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Thanks HBGIC.

Last edited by Nice on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
BigE

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:52 pm

USACI wrote:
Equipment must be mounted to and remain mounted to the seat back in order to qualify. seat must go back to factory position with the equipment mounted.

yeah what the bald guy said
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/274208
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:16 pm

Guess I should buy a CRX then.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:18 pm

y a crx and not a exp/s10/ranger/miata/delsol just to name a few
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:34 pm

My equipement is "too big". I need all the room I can get. Doesn't look like my explorer will be in the "Stock Classes". I really felt that I could be a contender.
Back to Street Beat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:39 pm

what class was you hoping for.
Back to top Go down
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Nice wrote:
My equipement is "too big". I need all the room I can get. Doesn't look like my explorer will be in the "Stock Classes". I really felt that I could be a contender.
Back to Street Beat.

just put u amps under the box and build from side to side
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:56 pm

I can't. Amps are 6 1/2" thick.
Back to top Go down
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:57 pm

what the hell up got a few crowns
Back to top Go down
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:58 pm

and how tall r ur subs
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:59 pm

gameoverstreeta wrote:
what the hell up got a few crowns
Yes.

Bruce, I was looking at 3001+.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:00 pm

gameoverstreeta wrote:
and how tall r ur subs

2 18s or 4 12s.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:11 pm

In an SUV, can amps be placed (sit on seat) on back seat? They would still be behind the "B" pillar. The rules only talk about enclosure being behind the rear seat.
Not trying to be a jerk but I am a serious competitor and I do read the rules over and over.
I wan't to have fun this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:13 pm

everything must be in the cargo area, in the explorer thats behind the rear most seat.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:23 pm

Bruce, do you know of that ruling somewhere? It's not stated in the rules but if it has been amended or ruled upon, then cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Explorer Stock Rule   Stock - Another Explorer Stock Rule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Explorer Stock Rule
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next