Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Here is the question!!! Vote_lcapHere is the question!!! Voting_barHere is the question!!! Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Here is the question!!! Vote_lcapHere is the question!!! Voting_barHere is the question!!! Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
broken 80inches Johncarr world Audiopipe silence state crank chef dollar quad kyle build records songs record globe crzyblondgrl drive disc finals pics contest louisiana 2010 stereo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Here is the question!!!

Go down 
+15
redhanded
thegreatwhitehype
gameoverstreeta
BigE
slumpinhonda
johnperdeye
dbracer79
84CRX
Basshead Chapa
TECH114
scionsoloxb
The_Rowlands
super stock crx
ibbangin
Kicker Kevin
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Here is the question!!! Empty
PostSubject: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 6:18 pm

Make sure you read this carefully.
Are 16 volt batteries allowed in SB1-4???? And is Usaci going to allow them in 2008?
NOT 16v on the multimeter at the amps!!!!!!!!
As the rule reads now it is ok to have 16v batts as long as the voltage at the amp(s) does not exceed 14.7.

This could get hairy.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 1:19 pm

Almost a week and no responses.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:46 pm

?
Back to top Go down
super stock crx
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
super stock crx

Number of posts : 1834
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 7:04 pm

what
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 1:10 am

huh
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 1:20 am

i say no because ya could have a switch hiddin and flip on the 16+ volts befor ya burp ... it the same as havin a amp sittin on back seat or in bed of truck with no wires hooked up to it at all but ya must count that amp as power . no 16 volt bat should be alowed in the car even if its not hooked up
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 1:24 am

The_Rowlands wrote:
i say no because ya could have a switch hiddin and flip on the 16+ volts befor ya burp ... it the same as havin a amp sittin on back seat or in bed of truck with no wires hooked up to it at all but ya must count that amp as power . no 16 volt bat should be alowed in the car even if its not hooked up
X2
Back to top Go down
super stock crx
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
super stock crx

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 1:34 am

x3
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 2:19 am

I say no tooo. It should not be in the vehicle.
If a multi tester is on the amp power wires, when the switch flips it will show the voltage gain going in on the amp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
super stock crx
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
super stock crx

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:57 am

if they keep a voltage meter on it the whole time it will elimate tat problem
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 1:32 pm

what
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 2:01 pm

super stock crx wrote:
The meter has to be on the amp not the battery
Back to top Go down
Basshead Chapa
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
Basshead Chapa

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 5:06 pm

super stock crx wrote:
x3

X4
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 4:22 am

BassHeadChapa A&M Lov wrote:
super stock crx wrote:
x3

X4

X5
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:09 am

TECH114 wrote:
super stock crx wrote:
The meter has to be on the amp not the battery
x2
Back to top Go down
johnperdeye
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1406
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:25 pm

shouldnt effect it as long as the amp doesnt see higher than 14.7
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 2:49 pm

i dont think they should be allowed in the vehicle unless its SB5 just my opinion
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 4:36 pm

Exactly. It shouldn't be allowed in the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
BigE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
BigE

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:02 am

Let's think about this one.

Even if you did run a 16v battery on a stock charging system what would the advantage be. Even at 14.7v you would have nothing more than a dicharged battery. I would rather have the 12v with a 14.5 - 14.7 volt surface charge on it. At least I would have the benifit of the intial over charge.

Just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/274208
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:14 pm

first off you should be able to keep the multimeter on peak hold like in dbdrag and if it goes over your voltage limit you get dq'd. but i would say its street beat. there shouldnt be 16volt n street beat. how many cars really drive around on 16volt bats very very few prob less that 1%. compaired to real street systems

just my thoughts. i also dont car that pro stock has 16 volt bats i think if it has stock in the name it should be 12volt bats. mod and up could use em cause its modified. oh well more thoughts
Back to top Go down
thegreatwhitehype

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:21 pm

i wish they would clarify this just so i can start my build and not have 2 tear down my car at finals
Back to top Go down
redhanded
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
redhanded

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 4:46 am

gameoverstreeta wrote:
first off you should be able to keep the multimeter on peak hold like in dbdrag and if it goes over your voltage limit you get dq'd. but i would say its street beat. there shouldnt be 16volt n street beat. how many cars really drive around on 16volt bats very very few prob less that 1%. compaired to real street systems

just my thoughts. i also dont car that pro stock has 16 volt bats i think if it has stock in the name it should be 12volt bats. mod and up could use em cause its modified. oh well more thoughts

X2 cheers
Back to top Go down
Treo Truck
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Treo Truck

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:09 pm

I use the combo batteries for two reasons....
1)I run more that one class wit hmy vehicle
2)They are what I own already

Now as far as a switch....I will take cliam for that one being brought up and I will say it one last time...not only was the vehicle monitored in the lanes with volt meters but I was more than willing to show everyone what I had all they had to do was buck up the cash....I would have loved the money to cover some of the expenses I paid out in amps subs and equipment..and I was visited in the pits while gain matching my amps...and the offical saw nothing odd...and why would anyone gain match at 12v if they where switching to 16 during a run?

My opinion is volt meter on all the amps especially at finals...I wish they would have done it my first run...just to clear things up...take my word for it or dont I really dont care what anyone believes as I know I didnt cheat. I worked way to F'ing hard to cheat to win or take what ever place to get DQ'd and not place at all.

Rules state 14.7 max...as long as it does not go above what is the problem? I know my combo batteries played a song the other night on the 16volt side with the vehilce off and did not go below 15.35.
Back to top Go down
AceFrealy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
AceFrealy

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:32 pm

This is a question that i think goes along with this. I have seen pic's of a competitor running batteries in series from a company that only makes 12v and 16v batteries. How can this be leagal? How would this be any different? Not saying right or wrong Just want to know how it works?
Back to top Go down
thegreatwhitehype

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:47 pm

treotruck wrote:
I use the combo batteries for two reasons....
1)I run more that one class wit hmy vehicle
2)They are what I own already

Now as far as a switch....I will take cliam for that one being brought up and I will say it one last time...not only was the vehicle monitored in the lanes with volt meters but I was more than willing to show everyone what I had all they had to do was buck up the cash....I would have loved the money to cover some of the expenses I paid out in amps subs and equipment..and I was visited in the pits while gain matching my amps...and the offical saw nothing odd...and why would anyone gain match at 12v if they where switching to 16 during a run?

My opinion is volt meter on all the amps especially at finals...I wish they would have done it my first run...just to clear things up...take my word for it or dont I really dont care what anyone believes as I know I didnt cheat. I worked way to F'ing hard to cheat to win or take what ever place to get DQ'd and not place at all.

Rules state 14.7 max...as long as it does not go above what is the problem? I know my combo batteries played a song the other night on the 16volt side with the vehilce off and did not go below 15.35.

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:49 pm

treo truck your first run was not metered and when they metered your rerun u didnt even do a 57
Back to top Go down
Treo Truck
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Treo Truck

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:11 pm

Actaully my first run was metered....by a judge no...but I had a meter on the amps and many people saw the voltage! It was in the open for anyone to see.

Voltage was hard to get back up due to sharing a outlet with 3 other vehicles...and we kept popping breakers and I could not get by voltage up as I charged my batteries individually before they where all put in.

On my rerun I quit the run when I dopped below the 157.3 so if you can do math the average goes to hell....I also burped a 158.2 out of the gate on the rerun my best score ever so if that is not enough proof I cant offer you anymore!

If you doubted it why didnt you buck up the cash? I was more than willing to tear it down.

Any more Question
Back to top Go down
thegreatwhitehype

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 4:23 pm

if u did a 158.2 out the gate then how can u say that your batts weren't charged if that was your best start ever. And there is no question that your build was legal, nowhere in the rules does it say u cant have a 16 volt batt in the car. so what makes you think anyone would be that stupid to give you money like that. the question is are we going to be able to do the same thing this year with the 16 volt batts, and will they monitor everyones voltage like they should
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 4:31 pm

i saw your voltage on the first run, it was at 13.3 with about 3 seconds to go, i know you had a lot of batts, but they must have been pretty strong to hold 13+ for 30 secs
Back to top Go down
Treo Truck
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Treo Truck

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:58 pm

I had 16 batts...and yes I was impressed with their hold up also...now just to be clear not all where the combos...eleven of them where 12 volt tied to the 12 volt post of the combos.

Greatwhite it was a dead on start with the timer and I only had a top charge as there is a difference. Each battery charged one by one and then installed versus a recharge all together is not near as strong when it was off an on due to the breaker issues.

Now as far as the rules why does the type of battery matter as long as the voltage does not go above 14.7? Meter the vehicle and their should be no issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is the question!!!   Here is the question!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here is the question!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next