Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Vote_lcapStock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Voting_barStock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Vote_lcapStock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Voting_barStock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
2010 stereo record louisiana disc crzyblondgrl silence state globe quad crank pics broken build Johncarr dollar Audiopipe drive finals songs 80inches world records kyle chef contest
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

"Stock" Seat Questiom

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HallMarc
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
HallMarc

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-05-08

Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Empty
PostSubject: "Stock" Seat Questiom   Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:35 pm

PG#9: "Exception: In the case of a single cab pickup truck the box, speakers, and amplifiers may extend forward of the “b” post but must not extend further forward than the rear of the truck seat back. Seat back must be locked in place and the seat mounting may not be moved to facilitate system installation."
PG#9 "The driver or passenger’s seats may not be relocated from the factory mounting location."
PG#9: "A center console may be installed provided the console is not designed in such a way as to manipulate the interior of the vehicle for the purposes of SPL."

Q1: This Means I can slide my seats all the way forward and locked into the first recline position???

Q2: What if its an factory installed console? Can I take it out and still be "stock"? It just says "factory seats cant be moved or relocated" and "A center console MAY be used"... nothing about taking it out...

Q3: Is under the seat legal placement for an amp if its not attached to anything but the floor? I ask this because of "cargo area", Jacks and whatnot are mounted in designated cargo area and most std cab trucks, the jacks and other tools are mounted under the seat...
I ask because thats where my mid/high amp is. The amp wouldn't bump me out of my power class or anything and has nothing to do with my subs or any SPL... Just wanted to ask...

Back to top Go down
strpperpolef150
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
strpperpolef150

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: "Stock" Seat Questiom   Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Yes you can legally move the seat all the way forward with the seat backs in the locked position and run. You are also allowed to have amps under the seat but they may not protrude from the front of the seats. As for the center console I don't know.
Back to top Go down
HallMarc
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
HallMarc

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-05-08

PostSubject: Re: "Stock" Seat Questiom   Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:41 pm

strpperpolef150 wrote:
Yes you can legally move the seat all the way forward with the seat backs in the locked position and run. You are also allowed to have amps under the seat but they may not protrude from the front of the seats.

By all means, that sounds GREAT to me, But curious, where did you find this info or who told you that???
Back to top Go down
strpperpolef150
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
strpperpolef150

PostSubject: Re: "Stock" Seat Questiom   Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:23 am

Pretty sure its in the rule book but there is also a thread about both questions already in which they were answered.
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
twentyhurtz

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: "Stock" Seat Questiom   Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:06 pm

HallMarc wrote:
PG#9: "Exception: In the case of a single cab pickup truck the box, speakers, and amplifiers may extend forward of the “b” post but must not extend further forward than the rear of the truck seat back. Seat back must be locked in place and the seat mounting may not be moved to facilitate system installation."
PG#9 "The driver or passenger’s seats may not be relocated from the factory mounting location."
PG#9: "A center console may be installed provided the console is not designed in such a way as to manipulate the interior of the vehicle for the purposes of SPL."

Q1: This Means I can slide my seats all the way forward and locked into the first recline position???

Q2: What if its an factory installed console? Can I take it out and still be "stock"? It just says "factory seats cant be moved or relocated" and "A center console MAY be used"... nothing about taking it out...

Q3: Is under the seat legal placement for an amp if its not attached to anything but the floor? I ask this because of "cargo area", Jacks and whatnot are mounted in designated cargo area and most std cab trucks, the jacks and other tools are mounted under the seat...
I ask because thats where my mid/high amp is. The amp wouldn't bump me out of my power class or anything and has nothing to do with my subs or any SPL... Just wanted to ask...

Not so sure about this, the rules say that Any and All amplifiers in the vehicle will be counted, unless a judge can deem that it is not in use. I was curious about this too, can anyone iterate on this?
Back to top Go down
strpperpolef150
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
strpperpolef150

PostSubject: Re: "Stock" Seat Questiom   Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:26 pm

No your highs amp wont affect anything mounted under the seat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Stock" Seat Questiom   Stock - "Stock" Seat Questiom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Stock" Seat Questiom
Page 1 of 1