Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
A True Story Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
A True Story Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
A True Story Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
A True Story Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
A True Story Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
A True Story Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
A True Story Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
A True Story Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
A True Story Vote_lcapA True Story Voting_barA True Story Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana kyle globe Johncarr quad 2010 world chef state stereo Audiopipe crzyblondgrl records crank silence 80inches record build contest finals disc pics songs dollar drive broken
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

A True Story

Go down 
+13
chrisbaldelli
Mark Brus
george szawan
lilboss813
johnperdeye
soundbybass
poundstone
Stingraysevenout
daddy_j
outsideshot23
Lilredtiva
cody08
Nice
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:19 pm

First let me start by saying that many of you know me on this forum either as 1. a joker or 2. confrontational.
I will no longer be confrontational, it's just not worth it.... enough said.
Last May I believe a friend of mine or who I thought was a friend purchased a vehicle that would automatically put him at the top in our sport. I was so happy for him.
He needed amps but didn't have the cash to purchase the ones he needed. I thought to myself, how can I help him. I decided to write a nice letter to an amp company explaining my friends plight. This was done without my friend knowing. To my surprise, the company responded back very interested in the vehicle.
In the letter, I asked them would it be possible for them to "loan" my friend a couple of amps just until after USACi finals. The company stepped up and gave my friend 2 amps at an unbelieveable, incredible, stupid price. I was floored at the price.
The company told my friend that in 2011, they would be debuting an even more powerful amp and the wanted to put it in my friend's vehicle.
My friend, stated to me, that he would up grade to the new amps when they came out.
I told him that I want first "dibs" at the amps that he recieved from the company. HE STATED TO ME THAT HE WOULD GIVE THEM TO ME AT THE PRICE THAT HE PAID FOR THEM!!!! We had an greement. I took his word for it.
Back in December, I see the amps posted in the "for sale" section. He was asking $1500 more then what he paid for the pair. I imediately called him and he told me that he would give them to me at $900 over what he paid for the pair.
I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. IF IT WEREN'T FOR ME, HE NEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE AMPS!!!
We negotiated and he said that he paid $600 for the pair for express shipping.
Back when we made our agreement, he never mentioned anything about shipping.
I caved in and agreed the additional $600 but now, he has an attitude and doesn't want to HONOR the deal!!!
Now there are 2 sides to every story. If he even comes out his face on here with a "lie", I will post every single email from me to the amp company and back and every single email between me and him.
YOU GUYS WILL BE SHOCKED TO FIND OUT WHO IT IS BECAUSE HE IS WELL LIKED ON THIS FORUM.
Sorry for the rant fellas BUT HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?
AS FOR MY FRIEND, YOU CAN TAKE THOSE AMPS AND SHOVE THEM! You'll probably get some kind of freaky satisfaction from that.

Last edited by Nice on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2009-06-12

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Sorry to hear that man, I guess money > friends sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/performanceaudio118
Lilredtiva
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Lilredtiva

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2007-06-24

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:50 pm

I've lost people that, I thought, were some of my better friends due to similar situations. Sucks.
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2009-09-13

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:16 am

damn.. I guess money is more important to some people.. greedy bastards
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:52 am

its not me first of all... but if I paid lets say $500 for a $3000 amp, and I agreed to sell it to you for what I paid when I got the new amps. The only way I would go back on that is if, the company wasn't going to sell me the new amps at the price I paid for the older one. I wouldn't want to lose out on money especially if I had trouble buying them in the first place at a good price. Or if I got fired from my job and couldn't pay my mortgage, then I would hope my "friend" would understand. I have had this done to me. I bought amps at a sponsored price, and my "friend" fronted me the cash for an extra one at sponsored price, but when it was time for me to get my amp for what he paid ( my sponsored price) he wouldn't do it. He didn't stick to the original plan. He told me he was just gonna sell it for retail price and make 4 times what he paid for it. He paid $450 and was able to put a sticker price of $1800, plus tax. So I hope he was late on his mortgage, for him to have done that. But its water under the bridge. We're still good friends, I'd lend him cash if he needed it, but we would put it in writing this time.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:06 am

Thanks Daddy but this is not the case this guy is a grubby greedy bastard. Has several thing for sale in that section but hasn't sold anthing because he always tries to beat someone with his outrageous prices.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:19 am

That fkn blows balls but it DOESN'T SUPRISE ME ONE BIT EITHER.. Nice this new generation just dont do bidness like us oldtimers used too... Your word was your word or you was a bitchh... Times have changed unfortunatly i always say shitt dont expect anything from anyone even respect cause most wont so that way i dont get let down... Kinda sad but only way i survive in todays world without going on a fkning rampage and killing ppl and blowin shhit up.. Cause really thats what i would rather do sometimes ..LOL
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:20 am

And one other thing you are pretty fkn okay in my book bro i know we used to have our issues but really we are from a better time bro.. So now we seem to get along and i for one cant wait till i finally meet your crazy asss
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:24 am

not all us youngun are like that!Lol that is fucked up man i feel ya but id look at it this way at least you didnt lend him money or something like that it didnt cost you anything other then a friendship to find out that it wasnt a friendship at all!! my philosophy is ill trust ya till ya fornicate me its been done a few times but at least i find out who my true friends are!!! if me loanin you 20 bucks and i never hear from you again that tells me you aint no friend and yeah it cost me 20 bucks but at least i see you for who they were!! theifs and bitches!! and jimbo dont get it wrong they are still bitches in my book if you act like 1!!! stand up be a man and take responsibility for what you do and say!!sorry for the rant but i hate people who lie and cheat to try and make themselves look better or whatever reason they have for doing it!!
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Jimbo, you're alright in my book as well and I would love to meet you and Sanman. Perhaps in 2011, we will finally have a sit down and "break bread" together.
Brother Poundstone, I'm glad you are a man of your word. Don't ever loose that my man.
Back to top Go down
soundbybass
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
soundbybass

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-06-04

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Nice...... That really sucks donkey nuts bro I am to from the old school Jimbo and I have been friends a long time and I would stick my neck out for him any day of the week because I know he would never ever try and fck me around. It sucks that you helped someone out and they hang you in the wind sometimes its better to just help your self that way you dont have to kill nobody when they screw you...I hope the amp company got an email from you to xnay the help on the new amps owell g good luck to ya in the future someday we will meet and have some vodka
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm not that much of a drinker but I'll take you up on that, lol.
Back to top Go down
johnperdeye
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1406
Registration date : 2007-06-25

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Man do I know this feeling oh too well...some people just aren't very honest. And it leaves a bad taste in your mouth when this happens. Because of what happened to me it has changed the way I do business.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:55 pm

Exactly John. That was my "one time hook up" and I gave it to him. I can't even "hook up" myself now. A minor set back, but I've located the same amps elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
lilboss813

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-11-15

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Last edited by lilboss813 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Yes sir Mr. 813. My friend is an oldtimer, just shady. Guys like him are the reason companies don't sponsor competitors anymore.
Back in the day, I had full (free) sponsorships from Kicker and Soundstream. I had to sign a contract that was legally binding. Most contracts stated that the product could not be sold until after 1 year from the date of receipt. It was beautiful until guys like this got greedy and messed it up for everyone.
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-10-17

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:19 pm

first of all let me say that Mr. nice here is talking about me. and there are 2 sides to every story. i told you the price i paid in strict confidence and u r trying to shove it up my ass. now i know why people don`t deal with u. we agreed on a price and then u try low balling me every time we talked. u do nothing but say how much u did all u did was write one email for me the price that i was given was because of the van, that is not why u can`t get the same "hookup as i got" do yourself a favor don1t write crap on the forum when most people on here really don`t care what u have to say.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:34 pm

OK, here we go. The dumbass stuck himself out.
Question #1. You just stated that we agreed on a price. Was the price we agreed upon the same price you paid for the amps?
Question #2. Did you not promise me first dibs on the amps?
Question #3. Did you even know I wrote the email before I told you?
And you really need to answer truthfully, because if you don't, I'm posting every email from everyone concerned.
You wanna damage my character? Notice that I never once mentioned the company or the price you paid for them and I won't. Even though I have no loyalty to the company, I'm not trying to "blow up their spot". That's the type of person I am. It's called integrity....... look it up and have your teacher explain it to you.
You constantly clutter the "for sale" section and haven't sold one thing. You try to make a killing off of used stuff. The only time I ever sold anything on line it was on this forum. You had the sale but due to your stupid grubby, greedy hands you failed to make the deal because you tried to rip a fellow competitor off. I sold him what he needed and he was satisfied.
You talk about folks on here not dealing with me? Seems that they rather not deal with you. You haven't sold one thing. You actually insult their intelligence by "overpricing" your junk.
BTW, who elected you spokeswoman for the forum?
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:04 pm

who the fu*K r u to come on here if u did not like the price i gave u u should of said no and go on with your business but being a jerk u called me and said u still wanted both amps i don`t know any where where u amps and get free shipping. stop with this Cow poopy u make yourself look bad this is why nobody even talks to u on this forum and your even lucky to have the use of it back. all u do is sit around and bad mouth people on here when u don`t get your way why don`t u go out and build something in stead of talking about the past big mouth
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Mr. Remedial, I see you didn't answer the questions. The guys who are reading this can see who's telling the truth. Now take your meds stick your thumb up you azz and "pull your pud" til you go to sleep like you normally do, you "asexual worm".
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:17 pm

you r showing lots of respect look up the word and notice nobody is replying to the because they know your nothing but a Dung Pile talker
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:09 am

the cats out the bag, post all the details. Prices and all, lol
Back to top Go down
Mark Brus
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Brus

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-12-25

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 am

I dont know either one of you so I cant and will not take sides. But I will say that from the first post I looked through the forsale section and had figured out in a few minutes that it was George that was the other guy. So Nice, although I do feel your pain (understanding you needed to tell somebody) feeling betrayed by a friend it is between you and him and probably should keep the rest of this in PMs instead of out in front of everybody. I'm so sorry this happened between you guys a friendship is hard to come by and you both stand to lose. Hope you guys can work this out.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Atleast from my experiences, when a seller says "If you don't like the price, GTFO" ... it usually means they're more interested in profit than getting some cash out of their investments. Nothing wrong with that, if you never muddle business with your personal life.

So looking forward, you can choose one of 3 options:

1) Sell the gear to Nice at the pre-specified price, making it so you got free gear for a few months.
2) Sell the gear at your own price, and get the label of untrustworthy.
3) Tell the other side of the story in an understandable way... and find a legitimate compromise price.

As Jimbo alluded to, it's all about how much you value your word as currency.

George has every right to back out of the deal, and choose option 2)... but by saying "it's business, nothing personal", you can't ask people to keep conversations, or their feelings of betrayal PERSONAL.

Integrity means that you make choices and deal with the consequences. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:58 pm

@Daddy.....I wouldn't do that, lol.

@Mark, I chose to play this out in the "court of public opinion", to let everyone know what kind of person he really is. If he did this to a friend, then ALL BUYERS BEWARE!
As far as I'm concerned, he screwed me, so the friendship is over but I do respect and thank you for your comments.

@Chris, I agree with you whole heartedly.

Thanks gentlemen.

Oh, P.S. not to keep this going but everyone should take note that he did not deny one single allegation I made.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:42 pm

I have bought stuff from both of you guys and had a good experience with with both of sales with George and the one I had with Nate. And concider you both frends so I hope you both can compromise and and work this out in time.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:52 am

Even if you agree with me whole-heartedly... I still find it kinda odd to slander someone in your signature, over a bad sale.

You did a good thing by requesting sponsorship from SD, but you need to keep things in perspective. It's just gear and it's just a verbal agreement. If he's not taking it personally, there's no reason for you to either.
Back to top Go down
Chris Team ACT

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-31

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:50 am

I dont know what your guys personal business or the total story on exact prices for the amps but I do know what George paid for the amps and I do know what he paid in shipping. We talked about this last year before he hooked them up when I called him with my own SD issues. George has always been a stand up guy and Ive known him since my first competition. He has always been great help and has sold me multiple amps at awesome prices. He has also offered to rip gear out of his truck and let me use them at shows when my gear is down. I know quit a few guys who got Georges prices on those amps and a couple that got even better. Its all in the vehicle on what price you get. None of us know all the details of this story but I do know George is one of the most stand up guys Ive met in this sport and has been one of the reasons why I keep building. I hope this all gets cleared up and that Georges' name isnt tarnished over this. Id def recommend this gets cleared up OFF the forums.
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:57 am

did you have the cash in hand to buy the amps? or was it a ill buy them eventually type deal? cuz ive made alot of deals with friends at super super cheap prices but they couldnt come up with the money, so i told them well im going to put them out there for sale, i want to sell them right now lol
Back to top Go down
Chris Team ACT

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-31

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:59 pm

hunterw wrote:
did you have the cash in hand to buy the amps? or was it a ill buy them eventually type deal? cuz ive made alot of deals with friends at super super cheap prices but they couldnt come up with the money, so i told them well im going to put them out there for sale, i want to sell them right now lol

I agree. That sux and has happened to me a few times. It sucks even more when you have a pair of something and they want to buy one now and one "later". I say piss off to that!! Im not trying to get too evolved in this but George is a good friend of mine and I think this is just a misunderstanding. Hope this works out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A True Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Story   A True Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A True Story
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: