Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
first run in the s dime! Vote_lcapfirst run in the s dime! Voting_barfirst run in the s dime! Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
first run in the s dime! Vote_lcapfirst run in the s dime! Voting_barfirst run in the s dime! Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
pics quad drive Audiopipe songs louisiana build disc broken dollar 2010 records world contest stereo kyle silence Johncarr globe state finals crank crzyblondgrl record chef 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

first run in the s dime!

Go down 
+8
Cablguy
chrisbaldelli
sanman
daddy_j
jmorri
Moparbass28
Alan
chrisfish
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

first run in the s dime! Empty
PostSubject: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:48 am

3 old mojo's, 2 d,5's 157.7 ! When I tested the mojo,s in my trunk they we're 2 db's under the RD's Cool

Last edited by chrisfish on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:29 am

is that on 16v fish?
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:38 am

Nice number.
Back to top Go down
jmorri
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jmorri

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:41 pm

not bad at all, looks like a good start... i will be running my for the first time in mwspl this weekend, prob won't post a very good number with my 4 L7 12s in a box i built for a ford ranger, lol. (and of course probably only like 2kw or 4kw measured output.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:11 pm

fish, do you have the standard box that all the monsters are using? Reason I asked was my 3 mojo 15s didn't like that type of box. I used areoports with my mojos in an s10 and was 2 dbs louder than the standard s10 box. Now if I throw in Super heavy weights in the standard box, Im 2 dbs louder, but the same number as my mojos in an aeroport box. I am using 2 cactus 5ks, on 16 volts. For some reason I don't think mojos like the standard s10 box, Ace Freely and myself were both running mojos this/last year, and neither one of us hit 160dbs (he might have, since finals). He was using 4 Memphis 4ks. I was using 2 Memphis MC1.4000s, then tried 2 rd d9s, and now 2 cactus 5ks. Highest I got out of my mojos were 159.1dbs (in my aeroport box). So good luck with those mojos in an S10. If you break 160, good job. But remember people are hitting 164-165 with the standard S10 box.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:41 pm

The mojo's didn't like playing 25 hz. In a box tuned for 73 hz. I burped them at vol level 4 and
first run in the s dime! 71a35fac
I tried out the new low end monster class .lol. I will have my HW's back next week
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:20 pm

doesnt take a geniouse to know burping that far under tuning will destroy Dung Pile lol
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:24 pm

O. I knew! Lol
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:37 pm

Is this the common failure mode for Mojos? ... Every time I've seen one dead, it's had a bent former and unraveling coils.

Atleast they're easy to recone.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Chris... but what on earth makes you want to burp an S-10 setup at 25 Hz?? There must be a story with this.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:51 pm

They we're in fair shape but they stock mojo's and I wanted to build some custom ones just to have sometning I haven't tested with . I have tested them in every setup I have there just not as loud as most other subs! So why not
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Awesome Numbers !!! hate it for the subs ...
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:25 am

to hell with that loved the look of those fried destroyed coils lmao good luck with the new one's
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:38 am

im amazed that you s10 guys run the exact same enclosure with 5kw and 50000000000kw.. then everyone wonders why woofers explode .. lol i know its a great mistry and un heard of in usaci.. but has anyone thought about stearing away from the traditional to somthing and little more power friendly?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:42 am

chris those woofers can be braught back to life.. and better!
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:29 am

Alan wrote:
im amazed that you s10 guys run the exact same enclosure with 5kw and 50000000000kw.. then everyone wonders why woofers explode .. lol i know its a great mistry and un heard of in usaci.. but has anyone thought about stearing away from the traditional to somthing and little more power friendly?
i guess they think "if it aint broke don't fix it" it obviuously work.. i know that all the boxes aren't exactly the same but are VERY close to each other in specs.. but to each his own I guess
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:35 am

I tried a different box, but got no where near the monsters in the class, so I changed it out.
159.1dbs was the loudest I got with this box. Maybe with DD or RD I would have gotten 161.2dbs
Mojos, just don't get loud. Unless you use the smaller ones. These are the Quad 1s.
first run in the s dime! Box10
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:30 am

That kinda looks like what brandon was working with!
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:48 am

ive seen 8 12's
4 15's
3 15's
16 6.5's

ive seen quite a few, but the 3 15/4 15's are the best so far
Back to top Go down
jmorri
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jmorri

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:57 pm

i will be messing around a little with 4 12s and 4 15s this upcoming year.... i plan to start with the "standardish" box and try some crazy things too....
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Nice ! I will do a wall with some difrent setups this winter
Back to top Go down
AdamTeamNS
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Awesome job Chris! I didnt realize the there was such a big gain from the Mojos to the RDs. Youll hit your 60 Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.actaudio.net
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:40 pm

chrisfish wrote:
Nice ! I will do a wall with some difrent setups this winter
s10's and walls don't go together.. just some words of wisdom
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:15 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES A VERY WISE MAN AND HE HAS PROOF BELIEVE ME..... TERRIBLE DIFFERENCE HUH BRO? I woulda been like screw it i give up but you know who will be just fine ID BET ON IT

And i got 3 mojos to do a 60 but earnest i had 10 batts and 3 pd2000's and .25ohm load soooooooooooooooooooooooooo do the math .. That 60 woulda been a 61.5 bye simply changing to RD Its possible with mojos just takes alot o power and batts to do so in traditional box.

And allen for the lower power class i had different size box and went to the bigger port and slant when moved to more power...... But yes most use same box for low and high power and man there is a pretty big difference fo sho..

And that box earnest did i would love to see what it would do legal its a bod mofo for as small as it is fo sho
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Stingraysevenout wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES A VERY WISE MAN AND HE HAS PROOF BELIEVE ME..... TERRIBLE DIFFERENCE HUH BRO? I woulda been like screw it i give up but you know who will be just fine ID BET ON IT

And i got 3 mojos to do a 60 but earnest i had 10 batts and 3 pd2000's and .25ohm load soooooooooooooooooooooooooo do the math .. That 60 woulda been a 61.5 bye simply changing to RD Its possible with mojos just takes alot o power and batts to do so in traditional box.

And allen for the lower power class i had different size box and went to the bigger port and slant when moved to more power...... But yes most use same box for low and high power and man there is a pretty big difference fo sho..

And that box earnest did i would love to see what it would do legal its a bod mofo for as small as it is fo sho
you know whats up Jimbo.. night and day difference
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:34 pm

Has anyone just put standard s10 box upside down on top of the other with 10" or so between?
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:35 pm

do u even have enough room to do that?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:53 pm

now ill be honest i have never ever ever seen walls do well in the s10 at all man
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:26 pm

chrisfish wrote:
That kinda looks like what brandon was working with!

Where do you think Brandon got the idea? I was trying to help him and he did gain just by adding aeroports. But hey what do I know, I can't get loud.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:39 pm

LOL dammit earnest tell it like it is bro...... Thats my boy right there.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 pm

i personally wouldnt wall it because it just dont have the room to be on par with the astros and larger walled cars. although there have been some loud s10 walls. but just not in usaci..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first run in the s dime!   first run in the s dime! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first run in the s dime!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next