Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Vote_lcapfinals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Voting_barfinals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Vote_lcapfinals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Voting_barfinals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crank songs louisiana dollar state records quad disc finals kyle globe broken build 2010 record chef silence Johncarr 80inches pics drive crzyblondgrl contest stereo world Audiopipe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

My Door panels to be verified before finals

Go down 
+14
Stingraysevenout
The_Rowlands
Navi
Corey J
AudioAnonymous
Alan
mfivespeed
SpeakerBox
sanman
Nice
Upzaw2000
scionsoloxb
george szawan
coming~4~U~2010
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
coming~4~U~2010
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
coming~4~U~2010

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-10-27

finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

ok here is some pics of my door panels and headliner. i had a judge at some shows talk to ralph about it but i would like don to take a look at it before i drive 24hrs to finals and have any problems.
'
The door panel is 3/8 mdf that has been glued to the oem door panels and recived paint to match the box.
The headliner is the oem headliner that has recived a skim coat of resin so it can also be painted to match the van. both the door and headliner remain flexable to a point
[img]finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Img00511[/img]
[img]finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Img00510[/img][img]finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Img00512[/img]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:25 am

Ok, as I said in an earlier post, blower motors and heater cores will not be an issue. Cavities, pockets, etc will NOT be allowed. If motor is out, hole must be covered over competely and secured. Tape or covering of any kind over vent openings or defroster openings will not be allowed.

As for "coming-4-u-2010", headliner with resin, not so good, the customized door panels, if there was a speaker hole in original panel, it needs to be in customized one. Panel looks nice.

Last edited by USACiSE on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
Above Average Contributor
AudioAnonymous

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:32 am

USACiSE wrote:
Ok, as I said in an earlier post, blower motors and heater cores will not be an issue. Cavities, pockets, etc will NOT be allowed. If motor is out, hole must be covered over competely and secured. Tape or covering of any kind over vent openings or defroster openings will not be allowed.

As for "coming-4-u-2010" customized door panels, if there was a speaker hole in original panel, it needs to be in customized one. Panel looks nice.

The blower is on the exterior side of the firewall anyways. The heater core comes through two small holes through the firewall and is a small item that is easily removeable (two hoses). The objects that are in question are the heater box with all the little flaps on it and the duct work that goes infront of the heaterbox which in these pictures are removed.

Edit: Most of the older astros dont have speakers on the doors (they are on the dash) which is why I don't see why adding MDF to them makes sense. They have one of those pockets that are also easily removeable and a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:35 am

i think what he is saying is its ok to remove ,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:43 am

Thank you for your insight, I didn't say he must have speaker holes, I said "IF" they were in original door panel, they need to be in the customized door panel. Why he chose MDF to use as a customizing agent is his alone.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:48 am

The_Rowlands wrote:
i think what he is saying is its ok to remove ,,,,

thats because hes not a competitor and doesent realize the massive pocket created but gutting all that stuff out..
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 am

finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 100_1753

finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 100_1756

finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 100_1757
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:15 am

i want that for real ill give ya 40 bucks shiped to me
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:19 am

lol you beat me geoff. heres some pics witha 9inch clobe i test with... the usaci globe maybe will go like .5inch farther in .. but you get the point..

this really has nothing to do with astros or garys van. it has to do with i dont like being laughed at on other forums for being a usaci competiter because people know there are so many things like this. you cant "trust" any scores someone tells you because you dunno if thier car is even built correctly.
and also.. we start with removing heater core and blower housing... no biggie right??

well if we can REMOVE that part of our dash.. then where do we stop don and jaffe? i mean wahts the difference if peple gut ther dash and romove this stuff and me removing my glove box door? or any other part of the interior for that matter? whens it stop? how do we know whats OK to gut out of our cars and whats not? simply answer would be NOTHING..

finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 2yx5g29

finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 15gw5s7

Last edited by Alan on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Corey J
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Corey J

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:21 am

Thats a huge difference Geoff !
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Might as well address everything related to astros that causes gains thats grey, pluggin all the firewall holes, siliconing (caulk) the rubber around the doghouse, sand in the glovebox etc
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:43 pm

Astros have gloveboxes?
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:44 pm

lol, mine does
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-10-17

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:46 pm

man i might not build my astro with all this up in the air. does my A/C have to work to LOL
i would be happy just to have a decision on the matter what is legal and what is not. if the rule now says no mods in front of the b piller then no mod period, no seats that turn sideways, no rubber mats that are 2 inches thick let just get a final ruling that`s all but what do i know. i would just hate to be the judge that day
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:06 pm

CactusSounds-Geoff wrote:
Astros have gloveboxes?

civics do lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:08 pm

george szawan wrote:
man i might not build my astro with all this up in the air. does my A/C have to work to LOL
i would be happy just to have a decision on the matter what is legal and what is not. if the rule now says no mods in front of the b piller then no mod period, no seats that turn sideways, no rubber mats that are 2 inches thick let just get a final ruling that`s all but what do i know. i would just hate to be the judge that day
those are all differnt things man.. the ac dont have to work.. but can you gut all the ac duct work from under the dash? i wouldnt think thats right.. but who knows latly. as for the rubber mats astros came with rubber mats.. so its not an issue.. swivel seats.. i dunno about that one.. seems like it depends what show..
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:12 pm

You mom has sand in her box navi.......hehe
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:14 pm

OH and George sounds like he Don already laid down how the ruling is for THIS YEARS finals anyway... Looks like its in black and white to me... Build to what Don said and if any of this changes repair or fix it then... Now hush and build fker....LOL
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Changes meaning changes for NEXT SEASON
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:34 pm

yes sir i build nothing now have to put the van back together for finals i don`t have to worry about door panels or anything else with this LOL
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:43 pm

don also says no pockets. pulling all the plastic clearly makes a pocket..

its kool.. im pulling all kinda of crap out of the inside of my car.. nothing in the rules specifically says we "cant gut the inside" so it must be legal..

i be ready to see a 64 in 0-1000mod too..
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:53 pm

that`s all 164 alan with all the atomic stuff u have did u get the kitchen sink too
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:01 pm

lol thats for a 2-4 build.. i run trunk Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:24 pm

GARY dont listend to these \"Female dog\" ass punks on here man they will talk you out of alot Dung Pile bro

contact ralph or the R&E committee they will set you straight just be upfront with them.

oh yeah fornicate these \"Female dog\" ass haters
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:33 pm

Damn Jeffie i wasn't hattin i was sayin go for it for now Don said it was a go. And worry about changing it when and if it gets changed for next season.... I know you were n't talkitng to me but i just throwin it out there ya old grumpy bastard...LOL
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:40 pm

ya know me grumpy as can be
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:41 pm

yeah gary just build it like jeff says .. then have your finals ruined because AT finals R&E changed thier minds about gutted dash boards and throw ya in extreme or port wars..

like i said.. today we are gutting heater boxes.. where is the list of things that are OK to remove from our cars and whats NOT OK to remove.

so far i have gutted my steering colum , and all the wireing and hoses in my dash and the civc just broke 160.1 awsome!! i love usaci next im going to install the dash from a 87 yugo and hope for a gain.. the rules done specifically say " you cannot put a 87 yugo dash in your 95 civic" sooo it must be legal.. fuk in the integrity of usaci.. we can just continue to be the laughing stock or comp orgs because of flimsy ass useless rules..
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:48 pm

then peace out c ya
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Boyz boyz, you may pull the heater and blower, you may not pull the plastic boxes or ductwork. And, I was a competitor before most of you were allowed to cross the street by yourselves. cheers Resin on headliner a NO GO. Custom door panels on a car by car basis. Vent openings and defroster openings may NOT be closed or covered.

I can understand your questions, if its a serious dialog, questions can be answered. Seems difficult here, sooooooooooo, if you have an issue you would like decided, wait until finals, or put it in writing along with pictures and submit them to rules and ethics for a ruling. There is plenty of time for getting a ruling, just don't wait too long. Good luck and stay out of the gray areas,lol.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:13 pm

the housing must be in tact but can be empty thats what ive been saying.. lol
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:21 pm

yes motor can be gone but that housing geoff showed a pic of layin on ground and yours of globe that box has to be in but can be hollow as long as cover is there... So there are ALOT o ppl gonna need to get busy fixing their vans ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   finals - My Door panels to be verified before finals - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Door panels to be verified before finals
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next