Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Vote_lcapWHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Voting_barWHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Vote_lcapWHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Voting_barWHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
Johncarr disc globe record pics 2010 state quad 80inches songs broken silence dollar Audiopipe drive kyle world crzyblondgrl chef crank contest louisiana records stereo build finals
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???

Go down 
+4
Skip01
chrisfish
Alan
poundstone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Empty
PostSubject: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:36 pm

i just hooked up my 2 extra batts and when i go to put my fuse in it sparks and is not right! i am curious of everybodies ideas! i am thinking my ground is not good enough! i have it grounded to the frame in back but should i disconnect that and run a ground from my battery ground or what? idk im stuck now thats the only thing i can think of right now. im gonna order some more ground and run it from the batt but just wondering if there is anything i am overlooking? it is 2 kinetik 2400's and i just have them wired in parallel going to 1 cactus 600 with my stock batt up front! any help would be greatly appreciated. trying to get this fixed by the 31st for comp! thanks
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:40 pm

does it just spark? thats probly normal or does it blow the fuse? if it blows the fuse then something is shorted man.. give it a once over, just unhook it and do it again is the best i can say with out being there..
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:47 pm

yeah it doesnt even let me get the fuse in its a huge spark! nothing changed other then putting the 2 batts in but i think im gonna just undo everything tomorrow and try again im a little frustrated right now spent all day gettin everything mounted and ready and this happens! ruined my fuse holder too just melted the metal! thanks for the quick response!!
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:54 pm

i also did a little troubleshooting and removed the fuse holder from the equation then removed and added the fuse between the front stock batt and the back batts and replaced it and it did not spark it is somewhere in my wiring of the batts thats why im thinking ground! but any ideas to try would help but runnin out of fuses burnt 2 up troubleshooting it!!! not pretty!! dont know why ground wont work now other then im pulling alot more amps with the 2 big batts compared to a capcell because never had any probs with it before!!
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Take the fuses and throw them over your shoulder!
It sounds like you have a +- situation!
Dubble check your +++++ and ----- if that is all good than there is a short
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:31 pm

so what do you mean by short just a lose connection or wired wrong? i made sure - and + are correct and it only does it after the batts im goin to try a diff ground connect now and see how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Ur ++++++ is grounding out somewhere , check all the jackets throughly.

Just a guess
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:53 pm

awesome thanks chris!! i got ahead of myself and had the + and - switched on the amp! everything is fixed now just need bigger fuses!!
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Sweet!
I don't use fuses because...
There is more voltage going in to a fuse than what comes out
and what if one goes during a run?
If you run your wire safe you will be better off!
Why spend money on less voltage?
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:32 pm

chrisfish wrote:
Sweet!

x2 here
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:40 pm

really? everything is ran right and is wrapped in wire loom where it could get hot and ground out and all my connections are terminals with covers so dont have have to worry bout them groundin out only prob is i already have them there so either gotta get some couplers or just get the biggest fuses i can find! i have 1 up front and 2 in back but 1 can be removed easily just not the other 2!! thanks for the advice tryin to get it as loud as possible before the 31st show!!
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:55 pm

He was trying to tell you in a very nice way that FUSES ARE FOR PUSSSIES AND FOR SQ.....LOL
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:56 pm

well now i know gonna get some couplers and remove the ones i got!! gotta learn somehow!!lol
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Do you have 1/0 wire?
A splice will loose voltage as well!
Run a new wire or put a batt there!
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:42 pm

yeah its 1/0 i thought about just puttin a piece of metal in my fuse holder till i can re run new wire! not enough room for a batt i got 1 up front and 1 in back now and was thinkin of a coupler too for now depending on what lets more current flow.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:59 pm

You could use a bolt for now!
Back to top Go down
sbcherokee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sbcherokee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:45 am

chrisfish wrote:
Sweet!
circuit breakers are what i use... better voltage out, buy one and no more, and ur car dont catch on fire
Back to top Go down
Chris Team ACT
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 am

The first thing I learned in my rookie season.....take fuses out and use them for batting practice. Watched my Jeep go up in flames do to fuses. Circuit breakers are ok but sometimes when they go you dont know it. You can have 14v going in but only 12.5 coming out when it goes and you'll think you lost a coil. Just do direct connects. Oh and high 5 on the + and - switch! Been there done that seen the sparks to prove it lol
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:52 pm

basically i just put a piece of metal in my holders for comp and keep the fuses in daily!! eventually ill run some new wires but it works for now and yeah the sparks do fly!!lol
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:11 pm

done that once but didn't get sparks till i turned the car on lol luckly i didn't burn the amp up. just sparked when i turned the key on an back off real quick.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:35 pm

yeah i was lucky too had it all wired up and was just connectying the fuse in between the amp and batt and just started a firework show!!lol literally melted the fuse holder ill have to take a pic and post it!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???   WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: