Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
sub facing question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
sub facing question Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
sub facing question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
sub facing question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
sub facing question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
sub facing question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
sub facing question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
sub facing question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
sub facing question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
sub facing question Vote_lcapsub facing question Voting_barsub facing question Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
sub facing question Vote_lcapsub facing question Voting_barsub facing question Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl pics disc broken 80inches silence songs state drive finals build dollar kyle chef Johncarr Audiopipe record crank contest world records stereo quad globe louisiana 2010
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

sub facing question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hazardous0388

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-05

sub facing question Empty
PostSubject: sub facing question   sub facing question Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:31 am

i have seen quite a few different boxes where people have had too outcomes with doing subs up and subs foward in the same enclosure, most were in crx's tho.

has anyone made results of differences between street beat numbers and burp numbers in regards to these sub facings? also will there be a bad sound waveflow in the vehicle when playing music with an enclosure based on these sub facings?

thanks in advance.
Dustin

just trying to come up with more options.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: sub facing question   sub facing question Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:59 am

For what it's worth (very little) I've run both.

When I had subs/ports up for a while, it was a little lossy, because all the sound pressurized the roof area. Overall, it was loud, but didn't move air in a way that worked well in the RAV.

CRX style (subs front, ports back) was a little louder and had a higher tuning frequency. The CRX box is more prone to headunit skipping and is more picky about tuning and box placement.

Again, it's not representative of all results, but for me CRX was louder, but had some quirky disadvantages.
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: sub facing question   sub facing question Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:10 pm

i think hes talking about doing subs up and fwd at the same time ina box.. im curious as well.. i almost started a build for that this week before i decided to do a wall...
Back to top Go down
hazardous0388

PostSubject: Re: sub facing question   sub facing question Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Yes I'm talking anout doing 2 subs up and 2 foward. I currently do all 4 foward.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: sub facing question   sub facing question Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:19 am

Yeah... That's why I prefaced with "for what it's worth" Not exactly what you were looking for, but it's still relevant.

Tuning frequencies and flow characteristics do change. Flow was more drastic than frequency, but that's my subjective opinion. I'd bet it also depends on whether you have back seats in... and whether you dynamat the roof.

You present a good point, though. The next iteration of my box will have the same size height as depth... so I'll swap sides and report back the results. Next tuning session is at the end of May, tho.
Back to top Go down
hazardous0388

PostSubject: Re: sub facing question   sub facing question Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:13 am

I have no rear seats and do have a false floor built in the area. Only thing I have been thinking is since it is an eclipse and not a rex the rear trunk area isn't as open as a rex as far as how high it goes. May affect over the box airflow
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: sub facing question   sub facing question Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:29 am

Eclipse can get loud! Subs up pout up!
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: sub facing question   sub facing question Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:32 pm

I don't own an Eclipse, but I know a couple guys with low-sloping hatches, sub and port up does well for them.

I may be full of poo, but theoretically, if you load an area with a nice tapered horn shape it should be pretty good for projecting the pressure to the dash. If you do 2 up 2 forward, I'd bet the flow would be similar to PioneerSaturn's DeathHorn on Caraudio.com.

My only concern is losses due to flex on the rear windshield (which is pretty gnarly on Eclipses).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sub facing question   sub facing question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sub facing question
Page 1 of 1