Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
What subs for dodge quad cab? Vote_lcapWhat subs for dodge quad cab? Voting_barWhat subs for dodge quad cab? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
What subs for dodge quad cab? Vote_lcapWhat subs for dodge quad cab? Voting_barWhat subs for dodge quad cab? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
2010 contest silence pics chef Audiopipe finals build world globe quad crank disc state records dollar songs drive broken Johncarr stereo kyle 80inches louisiana crzyblondgrl record
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

What subs for dodge quad cab?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Devilman

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-07-27

What subs for dodge quad cab? Empty
PostSubject: What subs for dodge quad cab?   What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Hey guys I'm redoing the system in my truck and wanted some recommendations on what subs yall would use in my type of truck.

They'll be mounted under the rear seat in my 06 dodge quad cab. I have approx 2 cu ft under there. I carry CDT, DB drive, Orion, Hertz, Rockford, at the shop and can get pretty much any brand I want. It'll be a sealed enclosure. I would like to run 4 8s or 4 10s. If that's even possible with the airspace.

This is more of a sound quality type system but would like to still pound pretty hard. Let me know what yall would do.

Thanks, Wil
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What subs for dodge quad cab?   What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:56 pm

We sell Kicker, Rockford, Hertz/Audison, Alpine, and so on. However when it comes down to subwoofer choice everyone at our store runs Ultra.

My lead installer who is an SPL guy at heart runs 3 of the Ultra LV 8s under the seat of his F-250 in some pretty tight air space with a little polyfil. The truck sounds great and gets off pretty hard for 8s.

The store owner runs a pair of the LV series 10s under the seat of his F-150. It sounds great aswell and bangs for a pair of 10s.

My only other reccomendation might be Digital Designs. They tend to work better in ported enclosures though from what I've been told.

Give the Ultra a shot though. I think you'd like them.
Back to top Go down
Devilman

PostSubject: Re: What subs for dodge quad cab?   What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:26 pm

What is Ultra's website? Everytime I try and find them I can't

Thanks, WIl

Nevermind.... found it
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What subs for dodge quad cab?   What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Digital Designs is a great manufacturer, and you would only need 2 T1508's to satisfy your bass needs. There is just a problem with ported boxes that needs to be addressed. If you were willing to raise the rear seat, 10's could fit or possibly multiple 8's.

Just throwing that out there. DD's website is ddaudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
Devilman

PostSubject: Re: What subs for dodge quad cab?   What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:06 am

Yeah I've done several of the enclosures in this type of truck but have never ported 1. I think with just 2 8s I would be able to port it. Hafta get on Ultra an DDs websites and look at the specs on the woofers. The DD 1508s are a stout lookin little 8.
Back to top Go down
Devilman

PostSubject: Re: What subs for dodge quad cab?   What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:49 pm

I got another question, maybe a dumb question but what kinda bass amp would yall recommend for an SQ type system? I'm gonna run the 4 IDmax 10s I have already for now and then upgrade to some ultra 10s. I've heard good things about sundown and RD audio. What do yall think?

Thanks, Wil
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: What subs for dodge quad cab?   What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Devilman wrote:
I got another question, maybe a dumb question but what kinda bass amp would yall recommend for an SQ type system? I'm gonna run the 4 IDmax 10s I have already for now and then upgrade to some ultra 10s. I've heard good things about sundown and RD audio. What do yall think?

Thanks, Wil

Depends on how far you want to take the SQ style setup. Do you want mean and nasty or clean and loud? What kind of space do you have?
Back to top Go down
Devilman

PostSubject: Re: What subs for dodge quad cab?   What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Depends on how far you want to take the SQ style setup. Do you want mean and nasty or clean and loud? What kind of space do you have?[/quote]

I guess a mix of both but leanning more towards clean. And they're IDQs not IDmaxs. Don't know why I typed IDmax. I have approx 2 cuft under the rear seat and have enough for 3-4 cuft if I do a console enclosure. I had them in my wife's tahoe in 4cuft sealed and it banged and was very clean, don't know if I'll get the same sound though outta my truck. I have an older earthquake shredder that I've been using for a bass amp for about 5 yrs now.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: What subs for dodge quad cab?   What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:17 pm

I have an Ultra 1600AM monoblock in my truck for testing right now. It sounds great and has plenty of power. It will be replacing a Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1.

The Ultra monoblocks are strappable and 1 ohm stable. They make max power at 2 ohm. Damping factor is nothing less than astonishing. It has a small enough footprint to allow for a pretty easy install. Don't let the specs on the website fool you. I did my own clamp testing and was getting around 1100 watts out of the 1600AM. It's rated at 600 watts.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: What subs for dodge quad cab?   What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:27 pm

Here are a couple of pics of both the Ultra monos and four channel amps.

What subs for dodge quad cab? UltraAmplifiers003

What subs for dodge quad cab? UltraAmplifiers013

What subs for dodge quad cab? UltraAmplifiers014

What subs for dodge quad cab? UltraAmplifiers015
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What subs for dodge quad cab?   What subs for dodge quad cab? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What subs for dodge quad cab?
Page 1 of 1