Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Vote_lcapYou won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Voting_barYou won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Vote_lcapYou won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Voting_barYou won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
Audiopipe quad silence 2010 crank crzyblondgrl state disc dollar 80inches contest drive songs louisiana broken build pics records record kyle stereo chef globe Johncarr finals world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Empty
PostSubject: You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School   You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:21 pm

The MADD Program and the school brought in a Judge to talk about Spring Break (which is next week here) drinking, driving and drugs. It turned into a JUDGE telling kids if you do it "just don't get caught!" He went on to talk about drugs and asking the kids "Who in here smokes Hydro? Raise your hand!"

WOW this is getting crazy, what is going on at our schools. Thank God she is a senior and graduating in May!

To watch news on it:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7324243

Another news link is:
http://www.click2houston.com/video/22804685/index.html

Whole Story:
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- It was supposed to be a candid talk about alcohol from a judge to hundreds of high school students. But what was said has students and Mothers Against Drunk Driving angry.

The talk was supposed to keep kids away from drinking and driving, but some say it went too far with references to drugs. The judge spoke to students at Clear Springs High School in League City.

It began as a junior class assembly.

"All I knew was someone was going to be talking to us about drunk driving," said student Michelle Anderson.

Anderson was with her classmates in the auditorium. There was a technical problem with a MADD video, so panel member and Harris County criminal court Judge Larry Standley took the floor.

"I think his first question was...'Who in here smokes marijuana?" said Anderson.

The choir and band member says the judge went on to ask who had done certain other drugs and then he got to drinking,

"He said that drunk driving was bad and that he's done it once before, but didn't get caught," said Anderson.

The 17-year-old, along with many other students, was stunned.

"It offended me when he stated the fact that most of us kids were going to go out and get drunk during spring break, to just not do it while we were driving," said Anderson.

MADD, the sponsor of the program, says it's sorry.

"It's very difficult," said MADD Southeast Region Executive Director Bridgete Anderson. "A judge has their own views and they talk as they choose. We can't monitor and script them on what they say."

Judge Standley released a statement, saying in part, "I believed the only way to make my point that drinking, drugs, and driving are a lethal combination was to be as open, honest and brutally frank as I could possibly be. My remarks were designed to inform and to educate and not to offend anyone in attendance."

The district says the judge was asked to end his speech.

"It could not have been anticipated," said Clear Creek ISD Spokesperson Elaina Polsen. "As an elected official, as a community leader, we certainly expected a different message to our students."

They sent a phone message to parents Wednesday night, but many had already heard about it from their children.

"It's one thing if a teenager tells us, but if a respected adult in our community tells us this, it's a little bit sad," said Anderson.

Judge Standley added that he cares deeply about the students to which he spoke. The district says it's proud of how the students reacted.

(Copyright ©️2010 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School   You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm

i agree we in the us tend to shelter our kids way to much wich in turn leads to way to much curiosity to our kids meaning we simply prevoke them into doing these things by sheltering them from it.

with that being said there is a huge differance from the us, and eaurope in this matter you see there really open about it all where we make it taboo
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School   You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Wow ...crazY
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School   You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:45 pm

I have several children in school and I know they will be confronted with drugs and alcohol. I personally discuss this with my children and belev4e being open and honest is the best approach. No offense, but I think being open and honest was the best bet. Perhaps the kids in the meeting were sheltered and not reflective of the overall student body but the judge is right, a lot of kids will get drunk and stoned during spring break, and they should be warned against risking their lives by driving or riding with others under the influence. After reading several articles and watching the newscast I believe a lot of parents are just in denial and as such are offended by his presentation.

Preparing your children for the world is better than hiding them from it.

Just my perspective,
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School   You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:50 pm

agreed because when confronted with the real world alot of people cant handle it due to the fairy tale life they have been entrenched in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School   You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You won't believe what happened at my daughter High School
Page 1 of 1