Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Vote_lcapface - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Voting_barface - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Vote_lcapface - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Voting_barface - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1856 registered users
The newest registered user is sumomo

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
quad face world broken contest crzyblondgrl Johncarr state Audiopipe louisiana stereo globe kyle finals build disc 80inches record songs records silence dollar chef 2010 pics crank
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ

Go down 
+6
Chris's Studio Civic
520reaudiosx15s
jsketoe
jkrob21
BBGIC
JLG Entertainment
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JLG Entertainment
Admin
Admin
JLG Entertainment

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-21

face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Empty
PostSubject: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:33 pm

The SPL was great. SQ "NO SHOW" makes me thinks the BS was just that. So no more whining about sq in AZ, don't want to hear it, don't care about it. If anyone from the area cared the would have been there..... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://usaci.forumotion.com
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:08 pm

I know it is early in the year but 0 cars? Prize momey at finals ONLY for thsoe who get the points and attend events. And convincing Jaffe to hold SQ is a lot tougher when no one cares to come out for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 pm

USACI MD wrote:
The SPL was great. SQ "NO SHOW" makes me thinks the BS was just that. So no more whining about sq in AZ, don't want to hear it, don't care about it. If anyone from the area cared the would have been there..... Evil or Very Mad

Mike, Thanks for the call Sunday. One of the guys that was going to meet you out there had an emergency come up at home and another guy was in a car wreck. Bad weekend for those guys.

It is my understanding that there was very little local promotion for a soundoff of any type at this event. And ZERO mention of SQ on the hand full of IFO flyers that were to be found at any of the local retailers.

I personally called a few guys out there (including reps and manufacturers) and was told that it was too short of notice to have cars ready. You have to remember that the SQ scene has been nonexistant out there for so long that these guys don't frequent the USACi website or forums anymore. Local promotion is the only way they would know that an SQ event was coming to the area.

With all of that being said I beleive your statements here are a little harsh. You and I have been friends now for a while Mike so I'm sure neither of us will get butt hurt over one anothers comments. "Don't want to hear about, don't care about it" is the wrong attitude to have.

Had hardly anyone in the area known there was a show with SQ they would have been there. Again the only local promotion I've heard of for the show was the IFO flyers which mention NOTHING about SQ. Just a "Crank it Up contest"
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Advertise. This isn't Field of Dreams here...it's car audio. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:26 pm

jsketoe wrote:

No not advertise. Promote. Wink
Back to top Go down
520reaudiosx15s
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
520reaudiosx15s

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:11 am

jkrob21 wrote:
jsketoe wrote:

No not advertise. Promote. Wink
AMEN!
Back to top Go down
JLG Entertainment
Admin
Admin
JLG Entertainment

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:51 pm

I guess that only spl guys can read the event list....

I hope the guys from the wreck are ok I hate to hear that get well soon guys..

02/21/10 12:00 1 IMPORT FACE OFF TUCSON AZ 479-750-0505 FE+CS DP S.I. Raceway - 12000 South Houghton Road - Tucson, AZ 85747

FE = Full event that means SQ
Back to top Go down
https://usaci.forumotion.com
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:57 pm

Thanks for Trying Mike.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:03 pm

We send the event list out on our e-mail list every couple of weeks. We put the event on the web site and forums WAY in advance. Tehre were a TON of people for the IFO and SPL so someone did hear about it.

Without local shops to get involved we cannot go to the are and promote local as USACI. With the SQ turnout we would almost ahve to pay the local shops for their support.

I will continue to do what I can. Every new guy who showed uo could have competed FREE with our new program. We gotta get some people moving.

USACI, MECA, IASCA, etc will not have ANY LUCK without the support of the retailers and the competitors.

There are a couple manufacturers out West starting to get involved but they are picking who to support and who not to. That is bad for everyone and will create ill will, not grow the sport. A few USACI guys have already called and expressed thier feelings. Some will quit and others are pulling product. This is BAD for SQ, not good.
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:56 am

USACI MD wrote:
I guess that only spl guys can read the event list....

I hope the guys from the wreck are ok I hate to hear that get well soon guys..

02/21/10 12:00 1 IMPORT FACE OFF TUCSON AZ 479-750-0505 FE+CS DP S.I. Raceway - 12000 South Houghton Road - Tucson, AZ 85747

FE = Full event that means SQ
I am glad USACI is trying to make SQ progress in new areas and not to pick on you Mike but do you know how many Full Events I have attended and when I got there the shop was like We didnt know we were offering SQ. Some people might not know what a full event means. My 2cents.
Back to top Go down
Dave Ritter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:44 pm

First of all, I wanted to let Ralph, Mike D, and Mike J that I'm sorry that I was unable to make it to this show. At about 5 a.m. on the morning of the show, I had a serious domestic situation between my landlady's husband and me; this escalated quickly and in a rather ugly manner. I'll spare you the specifics, but I was very concerned about my living situation and my personal safety - enough said. Things are fine now, minus some residial hypertenmsion symtoms.

The gentleman in the car wreck escaped with no injuries to speak of, but his Mini Cooper is far less fortunate.

There are several reasons SQ didn't draw any competitors at this show. First of all, SQ has been dead and buried for damn near 13 years in Arizona (with the exception of 2006, when there were 5 IASCA SQ shows held in Tucson. I know because those were my shows! The last shows before that were in 96-97, and again, those were also my shows!

There is no core group of competitors for SQ, so how would any of you honestly expect potential SQ people to check for shows that have been conspicuously absent for so long? To be blunt, the notion of e-mailing people and posting on public forums is far too passive an effort to market and promote SQ in this region. The same can be said for the "reverse burglary" of flyers that were dropped to some shops. What was really odd - and this may be a very bizarre coinsdence - but very few of the shops that cater to the best potential SQ clients even received flyers! Furthermore, none of them put 2 and 2 together regarding "Crank It up contest" with SQ. Phone calls, texts, and e-mails can be dismissed or soon forgotten, especialy when the target group is missed completely! A living breathing human being standing at the counter leaves a much more immediate and indelible impression, and stands a far better chance of getting the desired results

For SQ to have a chance at all, there has to be "pound the pavement", "door knocking" campaign done by someone who knows the idiosyncracies of the region to (re) educate and recruit dealers and consumers,and get them excited and interested about SQ. The same can be said of the marketing benefits for shops owners of hosting and promoting sound offs at their locations or destination off site location.

The first challenge is the fact is that consumers (who aren't already competing) don't even know what a "sound off" is, much less the significance of USACi (or any other organization) in the car audio world.

The second challenge is educating these consumers on the basic concepts of competition, starting with the introduction of the rules. The process is literally summarized in the following:

Do you like cars and stereos?

Do you own a car stereo?

Do you know where Acme Audio is?

Show up to Acme Audio at such and such date and time with your car, your car stereo, and yourself!

We then build from there.
Back to top Go down
Dave Ritter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:15 pm

The new rules will help tremendously as far as enticing a new competitor base, as will the first timer program. Kudos to those of you who made this happen!

I already have 4 shops, 1 Tucson dealer, 2 Phoenix area dealers and 1 (brand new) dealer in Albuquerque who have a specific interest in hosting SQ events, 2-3 shows for each location! Yes, chances are about 99.99% that the competitors will be their own clients at first, but we need to start somewhere.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Dave Ritter wrote:

There are several reasons SQ didn't draw any competitors at this show. First of all, SQ has been dead and buried for damn near 13 years in Arizona (with the exception of 2006, when there were 5 IASCA SQ shows held in Tucson. I know because those were my shows! The last shows before that were in 96-97, and again, those were also my shows!

For SQ to have a chance at all, there has to be "pound the pavement", "door knocking" campaign done by someone who knows the idiosyncracies of the region to (re) educate and recruit dealers and consumers,and get them excited and interested about SQ. The same can be said of the marketing benefits for shops owners of hosting and promoting sound offs at their locations or destination off site location.

The first challenge is the fact is that consumers (who aren't already competing) don't even know what a "sound off" is, much less the significance of USACi (or any other organization) in the car audio world.

The second challenge is educating these consumers on the basic concepts of competition, starting with the introduction of the rules. The process is literally summarized in the following:

Do you like cars and stereos?

Do you own a car stereo?

Do you know where Acme Audio is?

Show up to Acme Audio at such and such date and time with your car, your car stereo, and yourself!

We then build from there.

That is why we need someone like yourself, who is local, who can do these things. It is a little harder and much more cost prohibitive from Arkansas.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Dave Ritter wrote:
The new rules will help tremendously as far as enticing a new competitor base, as will the first timer program. Kudos to those of you who made this happen!

I already have 4 shops, 1 Tucson dealer, 2 Phoenix area dealers and 1 (brand new) dealer in Albuquerque who have a specific interest in hosting SQ events, 2-3 shows for each location! Yes, chances are about 99.99% that the competitors will be their own clients at first, but we need to start somewhere.

Awesome! As soon as we get some dates we will get them listed and do a press release.
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:03 pm

well dave sorry to hear that u are the only on there in az that is promoting or having shows out there. and yes i think the sq + classes will help with the sq side of things the only problem i see being the draw back for sq is u got every %$# and hair out there that says can u hear my Dung Pile its so load and theres alote of guys out there thats all thay talk about and i know that some people dont think sq guys are loud so on that note thats my 2cents on y sq doesnt have a big turn out but ya retailers and mf need to get more infolved but i think alote of the money has gone to there heads and thay just see numbers in the little black book and if there nit right then thay get involved with there local shops for promotions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ahoaudio.com
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Shop should be promoting SQ big time...even more so than SPL. I worked retail for a few years. I'll tell you right now there is more profit in a SQ setup done right now that the SQ+ classes are in place.
Back to top Go down
520reaudiosx15s
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
520reaudiosx15s

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:01 am

Not to get off point, but when is the member stats section going to be updated Question Question Question

Member Points Search-Last Updated 02/11/2010

Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:30 am

Off point for sure...I am not even sure this should be in the SQ section...
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
520reaudiosx15s
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
520reaudiosx15s

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:40 pm

OnYrMrk wrote:
Off point for sure...I am not even sure this should be in the SQ section...

My question pertains to the results from this event....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ   face - Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Import Face-Off 2-21-10 Tucson AZ
Page 1 of 1