Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Vote_lcapUSACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Voting_barUSACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Vote_lcapUSACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Voting_barUSACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl 80inches chef silence finals state crank contest record dollar globe 2010 Audiopipe songs records kyle stereo Johncarr world disc quad louisiana pics build broken drive
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)

Go down 
+20
AudioAnonymous
Matt_Sibley
mschwitz
S.L.A.B.
Moonie
hunterw
Team Big'Un
sanman
SQcrewcab
supadave
Alan
Stingraysevenout
magiccaraudio
zacdavis
BBGIC
rd s10
T Burns
FUZ-T.C.C.
p_fitzpatrick
Cactus Sounds
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cactus Sounds
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cactus Sounds

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2008-02-01

USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Empty
PostSubject: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:43 am

Did any one hear about this?
What would you all say if CS had it's own class?
We would have 1 Mono amp and 2 10" Subs.
All at a total package cost under $1400?

Would any one be interested? Cool
Back to top Go down
p_fitzpatrick
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
p_fitzpatrick

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:31 am

You should throw a couple of batteries in as an option Smile
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 am

Good idea lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
Cactus Sounds
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cactus Sounds

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:46 am

lol... I only have the CS 9000 and that is too big for that class.
The package would be
1 PF 300.1 or a new mono baby.
2 PF 10"
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 am

so 2 compete in this class u have 2 have cactus?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
Cactus Sounds
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cactus Sounds

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:03 am

How it works: Brand A Audio selects an amplifier and two subs to announce as the
"Competition SKU" for the program. USACI will create the "Brand A Competition Class" using our
basic and fun Street Beet Class 1 rules. A competitor must be running the appropriate Brand A
products in order to enter the class. The competitor must also have a "Team Brand A logo on the
back glass.

At local shows:
The Brand A class will be run under the same tent as the other
classes. The class will be called so all in it can run at the same time. An
announcement will be made "Lanes Closed - Only Brand A Competitors
may line up". We will make sure all the Brand A cars run together
and everyone watching and competing in other classes will be on the
sidelines watching the Brand A Team Cars go at it. The class
winners will be listed each week on the USACI Web site along with the
regular event results so Brand A competitors can track their points.

At Regional and Finals
The Brand A classes will be run the same as local shows
EXCEPT they will have their own private land, tent, and competition
meter. Team Brand A members will get exclusive treatment and all
attendees; will be directed to the Brand A tent while those lanes are
judging. At the awards ceremony, before any one else gets their awards,
the Team Brand A awards will be given out. At World Finals the top two
competitors will share the $1000 prize pot ($600 1st and $400 2nd). At
every event the awards for Brand A class will be equal to awards for any
other class and will display the Brand A logo on the awards.
Back to top Go down
T Burns
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
T Burns

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:15 am

Sounds cool, its diffrent that's for sure. Might be a good change up for the hobbie.

Not so sure about placing Brand A classes above everyone else in awards though and shutting down the show to bring them all to the tent at once, makes it seem a little cocky is all but overall the idea is good. I could be taking that the wrong way just the way I read into it. Sounds like someone is thinking outside the box though!![/img]
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:26 am

i like it
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:10 pm

The idea is to make a 100% level playing field. To get some more manufacturer involvment in the competitions, bring in a little prize money for the competitors, and then reward the manufacturer for his/her support by making them front and center at the show.

This same manufacturer commits to a booth at finals to support his competition class. Big cardboard check, etc. Newsworthy recognition for the manufacturer and the competitors.

So for about $1500 you or your customers can compete with others with IDENTICAL equipment. Now the best build wins, and gets credit for it!.

If we get behind the project and get more peopel involved it could be great for competition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Cactus Sounds
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cactus Sounds

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:50 pm

I am ready to go.
If I get a good feed back.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
Above Average Contributor
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Cactus,
Since you'll be the biggest beneficiary of a class like this...What is it you would be willing to offer USACi and or it's competitors for choosing you're product for our manufacturer's class?

Paying for a booth?, paying the competitors prize money?, what will you do for them besides selling them your product?
Back to top Go down
magiccaraudio
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
magiccaraudio

Number of posts : 173

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:16 pm

sounds like a sponsorship class only
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 pm

could be kewl for the newer guys...I like it.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:52 pm

In my opinion,
I think this class should be open to wattage, open to sub quantity, open to nearly everything including manufacturers.
Ideally, we would have multiple manufacturers putting together product packages for a given class that is based on the actual cost a competitor pays.
We've discussed this quite few times over the years. One I liked best was a division that included a couple different classes. In fact, you may remember me pushing the "MSRP" class pretty hard a few years back haha.
$0-500
$500-1000
$1001+
That ended up being kind of hard to figure out considering not many companies actually use MSRP pricing anymore and with the internet selling products for near and under dealer costs it'd be pretty hard to police.....with that considered, it would be nice to have a few manufacturers offer a particular package for a specific class. Instead of wattage, it would go like this....

Say USACi decided to offer this manufacturer class, would it be best if only one company's products are allowed in the class?, or would it be better if any company could offer their equipment for this class.
In other words, as it is now, lets say Cactus is the provider for this class, and the package costs $1400....what if I'm an owner of a company and I want to offer my product package that will sell for $1400 because ours is louder or its a better value or bla bla bla.....This would invoke some competition between manufacturers. Who's sells the most bang for your buck?

IDK, just a few things to think about

Obviously this approach kindof voids thee entire reason for a class like this, which is to see who is thee best builder out there, and the only way to find that out is by offering ONE specific brand, make, and model package, so everybody would have to use thee exact same equipment.....hmmmmm!!!?

That leads me to an idea,
What if there were two basic classes for this manufacturer division, one that's open to all manu's who offer a specific package, (pre-qualified and approved by USACi) and the one that is just one company/one specific package.
Heres what I mean.
Class A- $1000(or whatever dollar amount) open to any company that offers a system at this price
Class B- specific system from one exclusive brand

Each year, the battle between companies with their 1000 dollar systems, to have theirs come out on top. The reward for and motivation for them would be simply this....if a competitor wins with their package at finals...they get the exclusive class b for the following year.
It would be a re-occurring class that would satisfy all.

Lets say kicker, cactus, mmats, dd, and fusion, all competed in Class A in 2010, and at finals, the Cactus system won, then Class B in 2011 would be a class all on its own with no other companies other than Cactus, a package that would have to be bought from Cactus....guaranteeing sales for them Smile

again, jus brain-stormin here, thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:03 pm

man i said this like 6 years ago!! i think its kool...
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:07 pm

Alan wrote:
man i said this like 6 years ago!! i think its kool...
we all did lol
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 pm

i love it bro 1400 bucks for a 3k system that would be great that is monely i think even i would pay for. an i think this would pull in wayyyy more manufactures. so from zac's post the first year would just bee class a an then 2011 would be class a an class b.
i like the idea i really do an also from what i have read its streetbeat rules an no burpin so that would be uber awesome for me anyway.
i say go with it big guy might be fun wish you had of came up with it when ya boi had his tax money lol cause all i got now is enough to be my damn alt lol.
Back to top Go down
Cactus Sounds
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cactus Sounds

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:29 pm

zacdavis wrote:
In my opinion,
I think this class should be open to wattage, open to sub quantity, open to nearly everything including manufacturers.
Ideally, we would have multiple manufacturers putting together product packages for a given class that is based on the actual cost a competitor pays.
We've discussed this quite few times over the years. One I liked best was a division that included a couple different classes. In fact, you may remember me pushing the "MSRP" class pretty hard a few years back haha.
$0-500
$500-1000
$1001+
That ended up being kind of hard to figure out considering not many companies actually use MSRP pricing anymore and with the internet selling products for near and under dealer costs it'd be pretty hard to police.....with that considered, it would be nice to have a few manufacturers offer a particular package for a specific class. Instead of wattage, it would go like this....

Say USACi decided to offer this manufacturer class, would it be best if only one company's products are allowed in the class?, or would it be better if any company could offer their equipment for this class.
In other words, as it is now, lets say Cactus is the provider for this class, and the package costs $1400....what if I'm an owner of a company and I want to offer my product package that will sell for $1400 because ours is louder or its a better value or bla bla bla.....This would invoke some competition between manufacturers. Who's sells the most bang for your buck?

IDK, just a few things to think about

Obviously this approach kindof voids thee entire reason for a class like this, which is to see who is thee best builder out there, and the only way to find that out is by offering ONE specific brand, make, and model package, so everybody would have to use thee exact same equipment.....hmmmmm!!!?

That leads me to an idea,
What if there were two basic classes for this manufacturer division, one that's open to all manu's who offer a specific package, (pre-qualified and approved by USACi) and the one that is just one company/one specific package.
Heres what I mean.
Class A- $1000(or whatever dollar amount) open to any company that offers a system at this price
Class B- specific system from one exclusive brand

Each year, the battle between companies with their 1000 dollar systems, to have theirs come out on top. The reward for and motivation for them would be simply this....if a competitor wins with their package at finals...they get the exclusive class b for the following year.
It would be a re-occurring class that would satisfy all.

Lets say kicker, cactus, mmats, dd, and fusion, all competed in Class A in 2010, and at finals, the Cactus system won, then Class B in 2011 would be a class all on its own with no other companies other than Cactus, a package that would have to be bought from Cactus....guaranteeing sales for them Smile

again, jus brain-stormin here, thoughts?
You got some good ideas but, I did not come up with the idea. Wink

Also it is not realy cheap for me. lol....
Back to top Go down
Cactus Sounds
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cactus Sounds

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:30 pm

There will be 3 to max 6 comp. that can do this class.
CS will be part of it if I can build a nice Team. Wink
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

Number of posts : 801

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:38 pm

[quote="Cactus Sounds"]
zacdavis wrote:

You got some good ideas but, I did not come up with the idea. Wink

Also it is not realy cheap for me. lol....

Well then who did so they can bring some input to this topic as well?
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:40 pm

im toying with the idea
Back to top Go down
Cactus Sounds
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cactus Sounds

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:41 pm

lol.. its was USACi, it's self.
I find it is a good idea and I would like to see a good Team backing Team CS.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:42 pm

christoph you need to come to finals this year man so youcan renew my membershp for me
Back to top Go down
Team Big'Un
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Team Big'Un

Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 pm

sanman wrote:
christoph you need to come to finals this year man so youcan renew my membershp for me

if this is really ur last year just take the cash
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:21 pm

zacdavis wrote:
Cactus,
Since you'll be the biggest beneficiary of a class like this...What is it you would be willing to offer USACi and or it's competitors for choosing you're product for our manufacturer's class?

Paying for a booth?, paying the competitors prize money?, what will you do for them besides selling them your product?

Cactus would pay USACI a base fee for the program. It includes $1000 prize money to the class at finals and a finals booth.

1. Competitors get prize money from Cactus
2. USACI seels a finals booth to Cactus
3. Competitors get a class where build is 100% of the deciding factor.
4. Competitors only have to spend a minimal amount to be in thsi class.

This idea was sent out by USACI to garner more industry support. We have three manufacturers (no more than that allowed) can participate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:37 pm

I like the idea of 3 manufactures.. that pretty good there.
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:10 pm

well aaron and i brainstormed some ideas.....

instead of using msrp or $$$$$ (the reason i say get away from $$$ is because too many variables, one competitor could get it cheaper then another,or could buy used)

get the mfg to put together a package of 2 12s and one amp

using a 1 OHM rating of the amp. and using the rms of the woofers to be equivelent to the amp. and hell this class you could start using the clamps in this class.

only 1 impedence can be used, 1 ohm.

use stock 0-600 rules. below the window line 12v etc etc

mfgs buy a booth at finals and maybe even regionals.

USACi must approve all packages for the class.

and it would be a great tool for mfgs to push through its car .audio retail shops. the shops can tell locals about the class and what equipment quilifies so it can pull in new competitors.

id say get 3-5 mfgs in this class make it interesting. and get 3-5 booths at finals. this can get locals,vets and mfgs all interested again

maybe mfgs like..but not limited too

rockford fosgate
memphis
cactus sounds
kicker
ascedantaudio
mtx
fusion
sundown
etc...
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Hunter EDIT.. 2 -10"s not 12"s
and they have specified SB1 rules, so that would be ok also.

Make it where when some one new to the world of USACI that purchases this "package" from a retailer gets a free pass to finals ?

The cheaper, the better, Even if it was 1 amp and 1 10" ?
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 pm

no i said 2 12s because 12s are more common then 10s
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:26 pm

I SELL MORE TENS THAN 12'S.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)   USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USACI Manufacturer Class: (New for 2010)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next