Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Clamping VS Battery limit Vote_lcapClamping VS Battery limit Voting_barClamping VS Battery limit Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Clamping VS Battery limit Vote_lcapClamping VS Battery limit Voting_barClamping VS Battery limit Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
contest chef disc stereo Audiopipe state songs drive louisiana record 2010 pics records build broken crzyblondgrl quad kyle dollar 80inches crank Johncarr finals silence world globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Clamping VS Battery limit

Go down 
+9
Stingraysevenout
chrisfish
Team Big'Un
dbdaddy
TECH114
sanman
Moonie
hunterw
Alarm God
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Clamping
Clamping VS Battery limit Vote_lcap42%Clamping VS Battery limit Vote_rcap
 42% [ 10 ]
Battery Limit
Clamping VS Battery limit Vote_lcap58%Clamping VS Battery limit Vote_rcap
 58% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Clamping VS Battery limit Empty
PostSubject: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:17 pm

Like it states If there is a major change made which would you like and please explain your thoughts.

Last edited by Alarm God on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Like I have stated in other post. I like the battery limit because it will limit the power that the amps could make VS having to clamp everyones amps at everyshow and dealing with differences in temp, humidity, ect. And the extra time required to do so thus extending the show length.
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:16 pm

neither. leave Dung Pile alone
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:56 pm

i think they are both bad ideas.......Why would you limit batteries when the battery companies are one of the few that support USAC?? i saw them at FINALS where were all the other manufactors at...limiting batteries is taking monet out of the pocket of companys that support USAC with out support there will be no USAC..thats my own opinion....the clamp idea is bad for the reason on how much time it would take at the show and people dont like to wait around....
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:57 pm

VOTE.......................

NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:02 am

actually i said that also and ralph says they didnt support wich probly means they were there for drag
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:21 am

Its funny that i can get tons of support here in a town in New Mexico with 30000 people in it.....how hard could it be to get support from the manufactors??? theres always an angle and all you have to do is what you told them you would do.....its going to take time but it could happen and everyone could benift from it
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:14 am

Moonie wrote:
VOTE.......................

NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
dbdaddy
Above Average Contributor
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:40 am

Kumar. Next, we will outlaw 'mad skills outa New York'. what are you gonna do then? lol
Back to top Go down
Team Big'Un
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Team Big'Un

Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 am

dbdaddy wrote:
Kumar. Next, we will outlaw 'mad skills outa New York'. what are you gonna do then? lol

U can ban all the hard work he has put in, he got mad skillz
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 am

I voted clamping ! Only because limiting bats kills amps! And clamping does nothing to hurt anything.

Last edited by chrisfish on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:29 am

chrisfish wrote:
I voted clamping ! Only because limiting amps kills amps! And clamping does nothing to hurt anything.

Question how many world titles do you have? Im guessing none or at least in the last couple years anyway .. Now im only guessing because in realitly that is all that is for clamping the ones that just havent quite been on top ... Well bad news is even if we go to clamped same ppl will still be just a tad behind..

Not trying to be mean your a cool cat but i just had happen to use yours as an example..
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:53 am

I do have a world finals world champion first place second place and third place . But that dose not mean Dung Pile about it . Clamping is good for manufactors , not so good for competitors. I think it could include more companys amps to fit the usaci class structor. Will competors use them ? This remains to be seen . I do know that if we try to include other companys atleast there is a open door for support from other companys .
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Alright then good point bro.... Carry on my brotha. See no hidden agenda and valid points = I listen to that.. Really my only problem with clamped is i dont think it would work in Usaci , and only because i know in my heart it wouldn't get done right everytime bye every director. Sorry i love them all just cant make things too technical for them and thats my fear!!!!!!!!!! But very good points chris
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:12 am

Come on!! There is 5 votes for clamping . Speak up . Every one's opinon maters . The haters are that intimidating?
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:46 am

Ok guys I mean really. 185 views and only 16 votes. I know there are more people than that have an opinion about it. Your opinion does count. But there again maybe the ones that have not voted just don't care.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 am

polls and opinions dont count for the fact that they are munipulated as well screen names are made up, and the same people vote over and over again this is why i dont vote in them
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 am

polls and opinions dont count for the fact that they are munipulated as well screen names are made up, and the same people vote over and over again this is why i dont vote in them
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:13 am

sanman wrote:
Fair enough I can see your point, but even posts like this are an opinion and a reason. So thank you for posting such. That is all I was asking for.
Back to top Go down
p_fitzpatrick
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
p_fitzpatrick

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:55 pm

If 'leave Dung Pile alone' was an option, I would have voted. It's not, so I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:18 pm

Alarm God wrote:
Like it states If there is a major change made which would you like and please explain your thoughts.

I guess some people didn't really read the above statement. I stated IF there was to be a major change which would you rather do. Clamp the amps or have battery limits.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:06 am

Clamped power would do it . I think max power would be better for all .
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:32 am

My honest opinion...

Clamped is for pussssies and battery limits are for the talented..

Ya Dig cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:45 am

Stingraysevenout wrote:
My honest opinion...

Clamped is for pussssies and battery limits are for the talented..

Can Ya Dig

i think clamped is for the talented honestly....because you get 4k and i get 4k......now lets see who can out build one another.....using only 4k watts...

this will make it come down t the build not "well which amp do i need thatll do 20 billion watts @ .125 after rise?" now instead of having to have THEEEE 2k dolla a piece amps you can get any amp or combinaton of amps you feel you can get 4k watts from......

now before anyone thinks im for clamping im absolutely not it takes tooo long and makes me nervous having people who are unsure WTF they are dong in my car poking my speaker leads cuz we all kno wat happen when you short out 2 speaker leads! if there was a garuntee that my amps will be fixed upon an accident then maaaaaaaybe............or if there was a way for the sows to not take all damn day then maybe
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:46 am

and jimbo you are the sexiest man alive!
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 4:30 pm

Sexy or not.... Clamping sux balllllsssssssssssssss mainly for what reason you said though . not the build for build i dont believe that different vehicles come into play there still so there is no winning on either side of that for or against ... But i still dont think its good for anyone but cheap assssess and ppl that dont wanna work just my opinion thats all.
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Amen Jimbo!
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Stingraysevenout wrote:
Sexy or not.... Clamping sux balllllsssssssssssssss mainly for what reason you said though . not the build for build i dont believe that different vehicles come into play there still so there is no winning on either side of that for or against ... But i still dont think its good for anyone but cheap assssess and ppl that dont wanna work just my opinion thats all.
Ok ... Give us some sugestions for including other manufactures . I have been in the garage every weekend and 3 nights a week . I have blown more subs and amps than I care to mention. It's not the money I spend plenty it is not the work I love it it is not about me at all it is about 12 volt support!!
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 7:15 pm

Bro the only thing i see helping usaci with Manufactures is giving something away or next to nothing for the booth space.. I say thats better than having an empty one not making any money... But that wont happen. Im not sure i wish i did know what would bring manufacturs back... And on compeditors same thing keep consistancy is all ican think of besides giving away some entries to get them involved but again that wont happen either...

Shhhhit Bro I just dont know .. Again wish i did. Manufacturers will just say some other excuse if we did things to make it easier for them i believe they would still pass on it with yet another reason why its not feasssable..... Hell with my dealings with all of them some are ALOT more tighter or cheaper than others and now the others are just as cheap.. None of them want to spend money they just want to make it .. Ya know fizzzzzzzzuck the little ppl that got them where they are today... Its always been the way of the industry just worse over last few years... Economy ummmmmmm noooo not so much just they are cheap bastards is what it boils down too if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:08 pm

So how do you really feel.lol..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clamping VS Battery limit   Clamping VS Battery limit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next