Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
SHOW - First Show Vote_lcapSHOW - First Show Voting_barSHOW - First Show Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
SHOW - First Show Vote_lcapSHOW - First Show Voting_barSHOW - First Show Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
contest quad crank finals songs state kyle drive chef disc crzyblondgrl record world Audiopipe build Johncarr broken pics stereo 2010 80inches globe louisiana silence records dollar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

First Show

Go down 
+11
Stingraysevenout
Chris's Studio Civic
BARTMAN
jayhawkblk
PerformanceTyler
jsketoe
2loudcrew
Champion
genxx
OnYrMrk
nebrsq
15 posters
AuthorMessage
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Just for kicks-what was the first show you went to and how did you get there.
I'll start-had a rep for our audio store talk me into getting out of bed at the early hour of 10am to go to a show in Nebraska. I had an interest in car audio, but if not for this show, I would have never competed.
That was Aug. of 1997
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Thunder on Wheels, at least I think it was Doc Thunder's outfit...
I had just finished my T/A with 4 15's walled off powered by radio shack Optima amps... and 4x6" Pioneers in the dash...it was hideous but loud. Summer of 87
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
genxx
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-05-26

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:01 pm

It was either a OKC show at the Myriad Convention Center or Tulsa Fair Grounds show. Cannot remember which one first. Both in the Early 90's to mid 90's.

I remember seeing Mark F. Yellow Blazer, Alpine Lambo, Fishman's car, Biggs Regal and ton of others.

It blew me away.

I drove myself there in my lowrider Toyota Pick-up. Sweet truck done right wish I still had it.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:08 pm

summer of 1987, Thunder on Wheels event in Lawton Ok.
I won my class and hit an amzing 136.7 db with 2 punch 15's on a punch 45
Back to top Go down
2loudcrew
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
2loudcrew

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-06-25

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:30 am

Summer 1987 in my original 1986 Mazda B2000 at Alternate Source in Colorado Springs. I hit 134 with 4 Pyle Pro 12s in a 7th order bandpass cut through. I took 3rd place and was hooked on competing. Now 22 years later and over 400 trophies from my 1992 Mazda B2200.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:38 am

Planet CarFi (SpringfieldMO)...early spring of 97...SQ adv consumer 0-100, 15 cars in my class, dbl point local show. Took second....sheer SPL. My two JL12w1s on a RF Punch 40 (RF Punch 40 on the highs too) did a 138.7...the guy who won was from AutoAudio in LR, AR...black Mustang foxbody...pressured a 145. That's how he beat me. I loved every minute of it.

Last edited by jsketoe on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:49 am

First show I attended was in 1989 in El Dorado Arkansas. I didnt compete I went to see how it worked. That is when I got hooked. That is also the day i realized that Kevin (MF) was into stereo competition. (Kevin and I go way back he was a basketball coach at my HS) It actually took me until 1994 to get a car together to compete and I lost.
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:52 am

I forgot in 1989 I was not 16 yet so my mom took me to the show.lol
She actually went to a lot of shows with me in the begining so she could understand why I dug it so much.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:39 pm

Dang I think it was in 94 in VA. I had 2 GS redline 12's in a crx with an audiovox hu. Man how things have changed.
Back to top Go down
BARTMAN

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-09

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:31 pm

My first show was a Crank It Up at the Texas State Fair in I think 1986. It was inside the automobile building and I remember seeing Wayne's black Hurst and his red Cutlass with all the Capacitors in it.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:40 pm

1999 heatwave in Austin. Placed second. What a blast.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:00 pm

1990 Thunder on Wheels in Texas somewhere wow old days when it was 30 in a class and ya had alot of fun.............
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:01 pm

May have been 92 George Reed was doing them and i believe mark B helped on some of them as well i cant remember long ago but at least not as long ago as Gary and Joes old assses...hehe
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Nice Jimbo...Wow..I really appreciate that...

Gary, do I need to get you a walker too? I can have it painted to match your regal
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
sqmustang
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sqmustang

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-07-13

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:08 am

Mine was summer of 97 at Custom Sound Creations in Colorado Springs , CO!!!!!!! When SQ was full of life here in the Rocky Mountain state. So much fun!! That was the best summer lol competeing with my white toyota celica hahhahaha, it had 3 8" Cerwin Vega - Vegas!!! What a hopeless car hahaha but it was a blast to compete with. Wow, what great memories!!
Back to top Go down
robrice
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
robrice

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-08-09

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:03 pm

it was a thunder on wheels show in dallas when m&m woofers and rockford was king. it must have benn 87 or 88
rob rice
i remember a show we held at car toys and biggs regal was stolen. I still think he blames me lol
rob rice
Back to top Go down
robrice
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
robrice

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-08-09

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:05 pm

it was a thunder on wheels show in dallas when m&m woofers and rockford was king. it must have benn 87 or 88
rob rice
i remember a show we held at car toys and biggs regal was stolen. I still think he blames me lol
rob rice
Back to top Go down
Mark Eldridge
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Eldridge

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-25

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:46 pm

In the fall of 1981 in Bryan/College Station, TX. Doc Thunder (George Reed) had a Radio Shack analog SPL meter in a shopping mall parking lot. This may have been before TOW was officially TOW... The highest SPL for the day was in the mid 120's.

Kyle Davis and I were freshmen at Texas A&M. Prior to this, while in high school in Houston, we had installed a couple of AudioMobile amplifiers, two JBL pro audio 12's in the rear deck, four 6 inch Alpine coax speakers, a couple of 6X9's, and a bunch of piezo tweeters all over the place in his 1970 Pontiac Executive (A huge white boat/car with a black vinyl top. We also had bucket seats with a cooler between them, a wet bar in the glove box area, and enough room in the trunk to carry 6 BMX bikes to the races every Sunday.)

We were driving through Bryan on a Saturday, and saw a bunch of people in the shopping mall parking lot across the street from a car audio store, so we pulled in to see what was going on. Geez.... Now I feel old again... But not as old as Rob Rice! Smile
Back to top Go down
SQLAltima
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-11-13

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:26 pm

First show I attended was in 1991 or 1992 at Cohens Electronics in Montgomery, Al. I believe it was an IASCA show. There were cars everywhere (easily 50-60 cars) . It was a 1x show. Some guy was complaining about the judges listening to classical music when his truck sounded better with heavy metal music Smile .

First show I competed in was in 1997. IASCA show at Car Audio Plus in Montgomery, Alabama. Novice 1-150 class. I got 3rd. I still have the trophy.
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:24 am

Great replies. Lots of years of experience out there. I thought of this because when my buddy and I started, his boy was 9. he just graduated, and I now have 2 little ones that will be a year in Dec and before I know it, they will be driving. Hopefully 2 new competitors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SHOW - First Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Show   SHOW - First Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Show
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: