Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Vote_lcapSomething for the Rules Committee or anyone Voting_barSomething for the Rules Committee or anyone Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Vote_lcapSomething for the Rules Committee or anyone Voting_barSomething for the Rules Committee or anyone Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
quad Audiopipe 2010 build 80inches chef world louisiana crank drive crzyblondgrl dollar record kyle records broken pics state globe Johncarr songs finals disc stereo contest silence
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Something for the Rules Committee or anyone

Go down 
+5
Matt_Sibley
RXZILLA
Upzaw2000
Stingraysevenout
Nice
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Empty
PostSubject: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Here in the Northeast, a popular trend among car audio enthusiast is the use of traditional "studio or pa speaker" for midrange in the doors. 8s, 10s and 12s are not uncommon in door builds.
The SB rules state that any "WOOFER" larger then 8' shall not be infront of the B pillar (or something to that effect).
As stated above, these speakers are being used for midrange. They cannot handle the low frequencies of a woofer even if one wanted to.
My question is, should a Street Beat competitor be "bounced" from his class even if he or she can prove that the speakers are not being used as "woofers"?
Here is mine, not pretty lol:
Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Astrobuild5-12-09006
Again, the rules use the word, WOOFER not Speaker.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Regaurdless of frequency . From what i know of being a certified Judge you would have to prove they are not playing PERIOD.... Then you would be fine sir......

Just be sure and get with the director and show him they are disconceted...
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Above Average Contributor
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:42 pm

LOL damn.... That's a good idea and goofy at the same time
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:44 pm

Thank you Jimbo will do.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:45 pm

Upzaw2000 wrote:
LOL damn.... That's a good idea and goofy at the same time
There are some very loud cars in our area. Mids, highs and bass.
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:01 pm

I believe it
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:10 pm

Good luck with it ... Let us know what it does... You streetbeat guys come up with some crazzzzzzy shizzzzznit... But i bet it is loud fo sho. with them doors on. Hopefully Jaffe will answer as well but im sure what i said is sufficiant enough to run in the lane.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:10 pm

Waiting for Kumar to chime in. He can provide alot more photos to show how common this is in our area.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:55 pm

ttt
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Modifications:
No modifications will be allowed to the interior of the passenger compartment forward of the “B”
pillars. The floor, ceiling and dashboard must be OEM.

The head judge has the option of using the 30% rule, anything in front of the B pillars may not be modified more then 30% as far as door panels.

9. No woofers larger than 8” inches may be forward of the “B” pillars. any thing above and 8" is considered a sub woofer.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Where is this 30% rule? Never saw that in the USACi rules. Also, street beat rules are pretty clear that no woofers larger than 8'' may be forward of the b-pillar. Midranges are still woofers just not subwoofers. I think that if they are disconnected it should be ok, but the competitor must prove they are disconnected and not complain when I, or whomever does verification wants to open up all parts of the car and look underneath things for wires going to hidden amps so that a switch can't turn on those doors speakers during a run. If your street beat vehicle has this type of installation expect to be judged meticulously in verification. In the past for street beat we checked battery type and number of subs and that was it but we never had cars with these types of installations in the doors either. So come expecting to be checked and don't complain about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
quad box
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
quad box

Number of posts : 1711

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:22 am

Matt_Sibley wrote:
Where is this 30% rule? Never saw that in the USACi rules. Also, street beat rules are pretty clear that no woofers larger than 8'' may be forward of the b-pillar. Midranges are still woofers just not subwoofers. I think that if they are disconnected it should be ok, but the competitor must prove they are disconnected and not complain when I, or whomever does verification wants to open up all parts of the car and look underneath things for wires going to hidden amps so that a switch can't turn on those doors speakers during a run. If your street beat vehicle has this type of installation expect to be judged meticulously in verification. In the past for street beat we checked battery type and number of subs and that was it but we never had cars with these types of installations in the doors either. So come expecting to be checked and don't complain about it.
You hit on somthing right there with that 30% thing, a huge grey area!!! saw it at heatwave, 30% of what?????
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:44 am

RXZILLA wrote:
Modifications:
No modifications will be allowed to the interior of the passenger compartment forward of the “B”
pillars. The floor, ceiling and dashboard must be OEM.

The head judge has the option of using the 30% rule, anything in front of the B pillars may not be modified more then 30% as far as door panels.

9. No woofers larger than 8” inches may be forward of the “B” pillars. any thing above and 8" is considered a sub woofer.

This is from the SPL rules, not the SB rules.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:49 am

Matt_Sibley wrote:

Matt, I have no problem what so ever getting judged meticulously, heck I wish there was more meticulous judging.
I just have one question pertaining to part of your statement.
Since when is a midrange considered a woofer?
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:25 am

His was more detailed for ya nice .... But pretty much what i said or meant.... Damn your mean matt...LOL jk i know ya just telling like it is.... As far as the midrange question thats a loaded question i bet... huh nice.

I can only see it now if someone rolls into finals with that matt is gonna shoot me.....
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:19 am

Those type set ups are getting pretty big in the Northeast, and I'm told they are getting big in Florida too. You don't see a lot of them at SPL competitions yet, but they are starting to make more appearances. The rules need to be better defined on these, maybe not for this season, but for next season things like this need to be seriously looked at by Ralph and anyone else that has a decision on the rules. If we're going to keep this sport alive we can't be cutting out new competitors because they have these types of systems. Todays systems are far different than they were 10 years ago, and the rules need to account for this.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:09 am

Well we could make a class for them after a few are around.... We could call it JOCKEYLOT CLASS....... Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:56 am

Thanks Jimbo and Matt. Would like to get Ralph's opinion on this as well.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:53 pm

Well hit me up if you need the number... I would just call him directly and ask for your own knowledge and or email him and when he responds with an answer...PRINT IT OUT AND KEEP IN GLOVEBOX....

I think this will stir up the lane for a min or two but would be neat in the long run.They have to adapt to all the changes out there somehow but till they get there own class for this... Disconecting and verification is all needs to be done im sure.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:16 pm

Quote :
Woofer is the term commonly used for a loudspeaker driver designed to produce low frequency sounds, typically from around 40 hertz up to about a kilohertz or higher. The name is from the onomatopoeic English word for a dog's bark, "woof" (in contrast to the name used for speakers designed to reproduce high-frequency sounds, tweeter). The most common design for a woofer is the electrodynamic driver, which typically uses a stiff paper cone, driven by a voice coil which is surrounded by a magnetic field. The voice coil is attached by adhesives to the back of the speaker cone. The voice coil and magnet form a linear electric motor. When current flows through the voice coil, the coil moves in relation to the frame according to Fleming's left hand rule, causing the coil to push or pull on the driver cone in a piston-like way. The resulting motion of the cone creates sound waves as it moves in and out.

The frame, or basket, is the structure holding the cone, voice coil and magnet in the proper alignment, and must be as rigid as possible. Cast metal baskets are the most expensive and the most rigid in all directions. Stamped steel baskets are cheaper but less rigid, and cast plastic is cheaper still and has come into common use.[citation needed]

An important woofer specification is its power rating, the amount of power the woofer can handle without damage. The power rating is not easily characterized (see below) and many manufacturers cite momentary peak power ratings which would damage the speaker if maintained.

At ordinary sound pressure levels (SPL), most humans can hear down to about 20 Hz.[1] Woofers are generally used to cover the lowest octaves of the system's frequency range. In two-way loudspeaker systems, the drivers handling the lower frequencies are also obliged to cover a substantial part of the midrange, often as high as 1000 or 2000Hz; such drivers are commonly termed mid woofers. Since the 1990s, a sub-type of woofer (termed subwoofer), which is designed for very low frequencies, has come to be commonly used in home theater systems and PA systems to augment the bass response; they usually handle the very lowest two or three octaves (i.e., from as low as 20 to perhaps 80 or 120 Hz).

See bold/underlined portion of above statement.

Also, I did a search of the pdf version of the rules on the site and it didn't find the 30% portion you speak of above, Can you tell me which section that is in so that I can find it? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
quad box
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
quad box

Number of posts : 1711

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:13 pm

^^^^ on to something don't drop it!!!!
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:43 pm

i remember at drag finals in cleveland there were a few of these type systems. man that stuff ws loud!
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:05 pm

If usaci want to keep some of the competitors and get new one in the Northeast, they need to address this. There are many guys with multiple 10" and 12" midrange in the doors. I know because I did many of these install for customers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:50 am

Well, I have no problem unplugging the amp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something for the Rules Committee or anyone   Something for the Rules Committee or anyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something for the Rules Committee or anyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: