Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Vote_lcapMAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Voting_barMAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Vote_lcapMAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Voting_barMAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
finals dollar broken 80inches kyle globe disc crank quad Johncarr contest build record songs records 2010 louisiana Audiopipe chef drive crzyblondgrl stereo state silence pics world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE

Go down 
+8
Upzaw2000
RXZILLA
sanman
STREETBEATZ19
JustinTD
AceFrealy
cody08
AdamTeamNS
12 posters
AuthorMessage
AdamTeamNS
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-07-24

MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Empty
PostSubject: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:55 pm

Was wondering what people's opinions were on this suggestion.

Making the stock class available for any new competitor. The problem we are seeing is the huge gap between highly competitive team members with many advantages over the average consumer. example: 0-600 stock, you average competitor runs around 142-146 ish. team members and seasoned veterans will run this same class and product 150+. this gap hurts the new competitor who basically get slaughtered and stops competing bacause realizes that they don't have the funds to keep up with the over-achievers.

My suggestion to solve this problem would be to lift the open 1x and 2x pro stock classes and switch them with the stock classes. i.e.
STOCK
0-600, 601-1800, 1801- UP
PRO STOCK
0-600, 601-1800, 1801-3000, 3000+
Additionally allow new competitors to compete for 2 years in the Stock class, then get moved to Pro Stock after 2 years. This gives them time to learn and build. this will also make the Pro-Stock classes more competitive. Main problem we see is that the Pro Stock class at 1x + 2x events get virtually 2-3 competitors and Pro's are building for Mod because thats where the competition is. by making this change we make more Pro's want to build for stock classes and level out the playing field in both the stock classes but also makes things different the Mod classes as well.

Just my opinion, let me know what you think. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.actaudio.net
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:59 am

Just new consumer competitors or any competitor? Just because you work at a shop doesn't mean you have a huge budget, or that your boss funds you in any way. Or that you really know what your doing when it comes to being loud anyway. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/performanceaudio118
AdamTeamNS
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:14 am

cody08 wrote:
Just new consumer competitors or any competitor? Just because you work at a shop doesn't mean you have a huge budget, or that your boss funds you in any way. Or that you really know what your doing when it comes to being loud anyway. lol.

i would assume any competitor..... just trying to say that after competing for 2 years, you should have the idea and be put in with the real competitors. Most new competitors don't last 2 years so howfully this change could grow our member base.
Back to top Go down
AceFrealy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
AceFrealy

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Great idea but theres always gray areas.

I thought of after 20 0r 50 1st places you moved to pro. Something youd have to work toward. Then there would be some sand baggin mofo's

There would be people that building cars and letting the new guy on the team run the car.
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:06 pm

I think this is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
JustinTD
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
JustinTD

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:01 pm

I agree with Adam. This is why I was planning on going pro next year. But, after it was better explained to me how 1x 2x events work, its not worth me going pro since I will be put up against people running much more power. I run in 0-600, and do Trunk becuase I can. I think splitting the groups from experienced people and entry level people would be a good idea. It's no fun to compete when you know that the heavy hitters go to every show in your class and destroy you. I had to STRIVE to break the 149 mark in 0-600, and the average joe I have seen is breaking high 30's low 40's so without some serious overhaul, they likely won't catch up to me. Look at poor 80inches. That man has been chasing my coat tails all season, finally catches up and I go louder, and he's a veteran, imagine if he was a new person, he won't want to come back.
Back to top Go down
AdamTeamNS
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:55 pm

AceFrealy wrote:
Great idea but theres always gray areas.

I thought of after 20 0r 50 1st places you moved to pro. Something youd have to work toward. Then there would be some sand baggin mofo's

There would be people that building cars and letting the new guy on the team run the car.

agreed, but how is that any different from now? Additionally, if the member is associated with a competition team they also should be considered pro. We all understand the benefits of being on a team, the stock class or (ametuer stock v.s. Pro Stock) should be for new potential members looking to begin their quest into car audio competition. After 2 years they learn the rules and figure out how to improve and to most would end up joining a team or pairing with a local show to improve. again, my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:15 am

Or at least add like a beginner class or something of that sort for those that are in their first year or two.
Back to top Go down
AdamTeamNS
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:16 pm

cody08 wrote:
Or at least add like a beginner class or something of that sort for those that are in their first year or two.

agreed, lets see what changes happen for 2010
Back to top Go down
STREETBEATZ19
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
STREETBEATZ19

Number of posts : 1333
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:03 pm

ive been competing for a couple years now and barely have ten first places trophies i could se ehow that could be good and also be bad for your average competitor. Some guys only do enough shoes to get points.. you could have huge problems with counting and all that, then you have your aveage competitor that goes to a whole bunch of shows that is kinda loud but can't hold up against a crx or a s-10 and they would have to become pro next year.i still think the way they have it now is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Well then maybe once you accumulate a certain amount of points you should have to move up. Or so many first place finishes.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:51 pm

well since most seem to be saying your farely new let me start off buy saying correct, and that last i won prostock 1801-3k the problem was there were only what 2 people in the class. This meant Usaci had to do something cause they made X amount of trophies for people who didnt show so they cut the fat to the classes we have now.

so you see it aint happening, and if you see a newbie and dont try to point them in the right direction well shame on you
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
Above Average Contributor
RXZILLA

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:12 pm

Well, Street Beat was to be for oly 1 year, then people would move to the stock classes. What happened there?
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Stop hating on sb Mel. LOL

I just want to know if I can start concreting my car for sb
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:56 pm

right on me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as far as pro being open ohhhhhh well i had and have to do it..... Those numbers dont mean shiznit all year long so you just trying for points.... ONLY TIME NUMBERS COUNT WELL AT FINALS WERE YOU WILL BE SEPERATED.........
Back to top Go down
fmxboy144
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
fmxboy144

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 6:22 pm

ya what he said^^^
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:18 pm

I am new to competing, but me and my brother have been going to events for about a year and I spent alot of money and I now run stock 3001 and up, I broke the state record and now I am addicted, but my brother on the other hand has hardly any money cause he goes to college, he spent 400 dollars on his system and does a 141.5-142.00 in stock 0-600, any USACI event we go to, he gets killed. I think there should be a set of classes that rate the power class by how much the amp puts out at its minimum impeadence instead of at 4 ohms! this way the new guys have a better chance, more fun, and hopefully make this sport grow! We both love going to events but lately he has seen me pour thousands of dollars into my truck to get were I am and if thats what you have to do to be competitive then how is it any fun for guys like him, who love the sport but dont even place every event? just a thought?
Back to top Go down
jmanjr82

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:45 pm

I dont get your comment on the 4ohm rating? That is the minimum output of the amp?? Thats there lowest rating man so what are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:18 pm

well minimum to me means the lowest ohm the amp will go to EX... my amp says strapped its minimum impeadence is 2 ohms, maximum is a higher number... so basically what I mean is if a person is running a rockford 300 watt amp and the amp rates 300 watts at 2 ohms and its not 1 ohm stable then that person would run 0-600 or something like that! It makes better since to me, just my opinion to help the sport grow!
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:57 am

WOW....

Well welcome aboard and welcome to the age old question.. We all started somewhere. NOW WHATZ YOUR AVITARS NUMBER FOOL I LOVE HER...LOL
Back to top Go down
jmanjr82

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:44 am

what your saying would totaly NOT work, but nice thought. There are to many amps on the market that are 1ohm rated then ralph would have to go through and re rate all the amps etc change everything around, plus how would that make it more fair? Amps that do their power at 2ohm and at 4ohm can be had now so I dont see really what your getting at still?
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:45 pm

I see what your saying but I think if there was a class for beginners below stock class, that would be more fair, so people running a 500 watt max power output amp running in 0-600, are not running against amps like the american bass amp, pushin 5000 watts in a 0-600 class. it would take some work to figure it all out but everyone wants the sport to grow, but its hard when people starting in this face guys pushin big numbers in a 0-600 stock class! I am sure there are better ideas but I was just throwin mine out there, I hope we can figure out somethin one day! Oh btw my avatar... she is taken.... LOL JK
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:04 pm

Not being a smartasss but there is a class below stock its StreetBeat but the problem there is its the beginner class but all the vets love to play there too cause its fun... Is it fair not really but that is the starter class unfortunatly .... That was there solution for not have stock and super stock anymore......

It just seems that well the compeditors that have been around awhile dont care if they run off someone period it doesn't hurt them so why care... Not saying this is what i do but i know ALOT that do.. And whatever makes them sleep at night is all i can say...

Goodluck and tell him to try and hang in there. Or hell get with me and we can see if we can find him a good amp for that class on payments or something.... Again goodluck and hang in there.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:32 pm

OOPS WRONG THREAD MY BAD FOOLS.

Last edited by Stingraysevenout on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jmanjr82

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:38 pm

lol american bass amp that does 5k in 0-600 Not gonna happen, but close! You understand vehicle is going to play a bigger role then an amp dont you? If you take someone that knows a crx vs a guy who dailys a tahoe I would venture to say 10 out of 10 times the guy with the crx using the same equipment as the guy with the tahoe wins everytime hands down. Try other orgs? Like midwestspl local comps? Bottomline is once you get started then your money has to step up if you want to rank in top 3...give pro stock a shot..
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Oh ok, I didnt realize that.... Well ya thats unfortunate. Ya my brother decided to save up and go big after college, we are addicted for life! I appreciate the input, and you offering to help, we will keep that in mind.. thanks buddy
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:54 pm

210fordracing21 wrote:
Oh ok, I didnt realize that.... Well ya thats unfortunate. Ya my brother decided to save up and go big after college, we are addicted for life! I appreciate the input, and you offering to help, we will keep that in mind.. thanks buddy

If i can well then ofcourse im willing ALWAYS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE   MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAKING STOCK/PRO-STOCK MORE COMPETITIVE
Page 1 of 1