Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Vote_lcapATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Voting_barATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Vote_lcapATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Voting_barATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
record stereo pics records songs broken disc chef dollar finals world Johncarr contest kyle 80inches silence crzyblondgrl 2010 globe Audiopipe state drive build crank quad louisiana
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS

Go down 
+4
Stingraysevenout
Navi
Moparbass28
towboatbobby
8 posters
AuthorMessage
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2007-06-27

ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Empty
PostSubject: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 6:23 pm

FIRST OFF LET ME THANK ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE GIVEN ME INFORMATION REGARDING MY TRUCK AND SETUP,AGAIN THANKS. I HAVE MADE A FINAL SYSTEM SETUP DECISION TO GO WITH AND THAT BEING TO RUN EIGHT L7-12'S TUNED TO 56 HERTZ TO WHICH THE RESONANT FREQ. OF THE TRUCK IS 56.3,CLOSE ENOUGH.FOR POWER I WILL USE EIGHT 06ZX1000.1'S RUNNING AT 1 OHM. I HAVE UPGRADED ALL ELECTRICAL COMPONETS INCLUDING FIVE BATTERIES,1/0 WIRE AND ALTERNATOR. SHOULD BE AN ADVENTURE TO SEE WHAT IT WILL SOUND LIKE.THANKS AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 7:06 pm

WOW. Good setup you are going to be running. G/L Wink Keep us informed on the build and outcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 7:41 pm

thanks and im hoping for the best,let everyone know after nov 8th when i get home and get it on a meter.
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 7:59 pm

pics?
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 8:53 pm

I GOT PICS...

But you might not want me to put them up here Scott....... hehe
Back to top Go down
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 9:00 pm

i will try to get the pics of the box on here as soon as i figure out how as for the rest its not done yet
Back to top Go down
johnperdeye
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 9:31 pm

ummmmmmmmmmm....nevermind
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 10:06 pm

towboatbobby wrote:
FIRST OFF LET ME THANK ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE GIVEN ME INFORMATION REGARDING MY TRUCK AND SETUP,AGAIN THANKS. I HAVE MADE A FINAL SYSTEM SETUP DECISION TO GO WITH AND THAT BEING TO RUN EIGHT L7-12'S TUNED TO 56 HERTZ TO WHICH THE RESONANT FREQ. OF THE TRUCK IS 56.3,CLOSE ENOUGH.FOR POWER I WILL USE EIGHT 06ZX1000.1'S RUNNING AT 1 OHM. I HAVE UPGRADED ALL ELECTRICAL COMPONETS INCLUDING FIVE BATTERIES,1/0 WIRE AND ALTERNATOR. SHOULD BE AN ADVENTURE TO SEE WHAT IT WILL SOUND LIKE.THANKS AGAIN.

Ya don't have to YELL IT OUT. Sounds like the truck will be loud enough. Good luck and have fun!
Back to top Go down
memphis_yota
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 10:30 pm

towboatbobby wrote:
I thought you were supposed to tune about 10hz below the resonant freq of the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 10:52 pm

im not positive on that i thought you were suppose to get as close to it as you can
Back to top Go down
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 11:29 pm

oh shiznit,my box is tuned to 56 hz and my resonant freq is 58 hz so i wonder how bad it will affect it
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 11:32 pm

You want it to peak as close to it as you can which really requires some trial and error tuning. Depending on box volume and power you could need to tune a couple hz under or 10hz under, sometimes even 15hz under that peak frequency. The best method is trial and error with a meter.

I sent John my paper on testing for the transfer function of the vehicle. I was guessing he may have been getting it to help you out but if not let me know and I'll send it your way. Its a more accurate test to really narrow down your vehicular response curve. It takes the speaker and enclosure out of the equation and plots your response curve so that you know where it really resonates. Obviously this frequency will change as SPL goes up but it will always be close as in +/- 2hz at peak SPL. Sounds like you'll have a nice setup. If you need anything shoot me an email.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:27 am

Thanks Matt,We'll do
Back to top Go down
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 9:01 am

MY ENCLOSURE SHOULD PEAK 2-4 HZ BELOW MY CABIN FREQUENCY AS FAR AS I KNOW NOW,BUT MAY BE A LIL CLOSER ADDING MORE POWER.
Back to top Go down
johnperdeye
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 2:42 pm

yea matt i was giving it to eric the one that is doing bobbys truck....but havent had a chance to yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS   ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATTN:BRUCE AND FORUM MEMBERS
Page 1 of 1