Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
What class should you really be in? Vote_lcapWhat class should you really be in? Voting_barWhat class should you really be in? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
What class should you really be in? Vote_lcapWhat class should you really be in? Voting_barWhat class should you really be in? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
80inches pics contest quad louisiana build Johncarr broken 2010 drive record state stereo silence Audiopipe songs world disc crzyblondgrl globe chef finals records crank dollar kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

What class should you really be in?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

What class should you really be in? Empty
PostSubject: What class should you really be in?   What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:04 am

I copied this from the other thread, I think it deserves its own.... I also borrowed SKETOE's copy.....

You want to dig in the books and read something interesting...

notice in one place it takes two consecutive wins in Advanced Consumer to be bumped to Advanced Pro.

"• He or she has won the USACI World Finals 2 times in a row as a Advanced Consumer and been reclassified to “Advanced Pro” by USACI"

On down a bit...it says:

Additionally, any competitor that wins 1st place at the USACI World Finals two times will be required to move up to the next higher division before starting the next competition season. There will be no grandfather for this clause and it will apply to all previous years world champions.

It also says:

• He or she has won the USACI World Finals 2 times in a row as a Advanced Pro and been reclassified to Advanced Expert by USACI.

[b]How many people should or need to be bumped up into the correct class? this is an important issue..... for many reasons......
1) for the sport to grow you have to do a little trimming once in a while, and that is the reason for having rules that bump a competitor up when necassary....
2) it allows younger blood to step up and compete....
3) the list goes on....
WHO SHOULD BE ON THIS LIST?
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What class should you really be in?   What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am

You must have been a fly on the wall in mine and Wayne Watkins discussion at INAC.
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What class should you really be in?   What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:24 am

I'll just cut and paste my reply to the other thread as well:
Ahh..yes... and the win it twice and move up rule...

Jan won 2 yrs in Intermediate Consumer, so she moved to Advanced. But she started working in the carPC industry and she decided to move to Advanced Pro just to be fair. She no longer works in that industry now.

Now 2 years of winning Advanced Pro means she has to move up to Expert according to the rules. That's why this year I will be running the car and we are moving back to Intermediate Consumer. Maybe I'll show that class that you don't have to have a rebuilt-dash trailer queen to win an Intermediate class...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
TeamCobra1
Above Average Contributor
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What class should you really be in?   What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:12 pm

u better go read the rules again before u try that....(yall are married)
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What class should you really be in?   What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:15 pm

and the jump from pro to expert rule has changed they just haven't made the change to the book yet...
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What class should you really be in?   What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:22 pm

That's the problem...book says "2009 Rules". That is in effect RIGHT NOW. So are we all going to the next show carrying rule books or are we making a point for rule book clarification. LOL
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What class should you really be in?   What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Soooo, let me understand, Since Monte brought this up,,,, Since Jan has won and had moved up from consumer to pro status, and now that she should have to move up to expert she is going to hand Monte the keys and he is going to compete that car back in a lower class??? hmmm maybe ill hand my keys to my daughter and she can run the Buick through the lanes,,,, Now let me decide what class for my car,, i mean my daughters car to be in??? lol what a joke....
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What class should you really be in?   What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:39 pm

according to the rules Monte would by family association still be pro. 2 years out...then back in, they could do whatever I guess.
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What class should you really be in?   What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:49 pm

That's all it is...just a big joke. As if Jan or I would ever step back from a challenge.

We are leaving the car in Adv Pro for another year, unless Ralph requests us to move up. We're not afraid of being "forced" into Expert. If USACi tells us that we need to be in Expert, and they decide to enforce the rest of the rules in the book, we'll do it in a heartbeat. It's just another challenge to us.

It is no secret that we plan on building an Expert level vehicle in the future. Jan and I totally believe in pushing ourselves to the next level, but we need to figure out if we are going to do it in a vehicle we continue to drive to the shows, or break down and buy a truck and trailer and build a trailerqueen.

So back to the topic at hand - what other cars out there are in the wrong class and should be moved???
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What class should you really be in?   What class should you really be in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Yehp life is a big joke, and its up to everyone to decide what to lauph at.... settle down big guy..... You asked who had the "big spoon",,, I commented that I do..... at least until someone takes it away... (Another JOKE)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What class should you really be in?   What class should you really be in? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What class should you really be in?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: Rules Ideas and Input :: RULES DISCUSSION-
Jump to: