Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
single seat vehicle? Vote_lcapsingle seat vehicle? Voting_barsingle seat vehicle? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
single seat vehicle? Vote_lcapsingle seat vehicle? Voting_barsingle seat vehicle? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
records 2010 drive broken record louisiana build kyle contest Audiopipe crzyblondgrl state quad Johncarr chef songs finals disc pics globe silence world stereo dollar 80inches crank
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

single seat vehicle?

Go down 
+4
Mark Eldridge
Monte B.
jsketoe
Champion
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

single seat vehicle? Empty
PostSubject: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:09 pm

if someone was to build a single seat car, and if they wanted to compete with it. what class would they be in? and could they compete in a 1 seat sq class or can they compete in a 2 seat sq class? if if so how would they judging be performed?
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:13 pm

IMO this is expert only because of build level.
Other than that, that's up to head SQ judge. LOL
I'd like to see Ralph's response here...
So, to play the role of 'that guy'...what would stop me from taking out my passenger seat and telling the judges the same thing? pandora's box.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:15 am

exactly my point,,,, and why would you have to be expert if you did that? nothing hard about taking a seat out is their, just have to have the right size wrench and a little biut of muscle, I dont see that to be a highly level build to remove a seat.... even if a guy took a stock honda. and did a real nice basic install.... basically replace stock speakers and a single anp and a single sub all carpet... but he pulss out both seats and takes a hammer and smashes down the center console hump. and mounts one seat in the middle of the car..... their is nothing special or high level build their is it?????
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 am

nopes...and that would fly for a Q class car. Doesn't matter what it looks like in Q class.

Why I said expert goes back to the safety and streetability concerns.
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:43 pm

The safety and streetability concerns is what I'd agree with as well, Sketoe, and the rules even back this up.

The rules state:
"All “Vehicles” must be licensed and “Street Legal” as per federal regulations. Vehicles that do not comply will be judged in the Advanced Expert class. USACI will require all of the following OEM equipment to be installed as installed from the factory and function as originally intended: " Then it goes on to list several things including "OEM or equivalent commercially available automotive seats."

If the seats are not installed as installed from the factory and function as originally intended, then according to the rules it's Expert.

When a vehicle is modified to only have a single seat, or two seats in a front/rear configuration, they are no longer installed as installed from the factory.

Do what you want for a Q class car.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:11 pm

ahhh so as per the rules any vehicle that has relocated seats should also be in the expert class???? interesting and accurate!

now were getting somewhere.....
Back to top Go down
Mark Eldridge
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Eldridge

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:54 pm

Just create a "Re-located Seat" Class. It would probably be the biggest class at the Finals...

Mark Eldridge
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:21 am

true.

I think the expert class will now be the largest... for sure....
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:37 am

Relocated with a new mounting position is the problem, IMO. Extending brackets with the same or stronger hardware to the stock mounting location is what is required by the book IMO.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 am

You want to dig in the books and read something interesting...

notice in one place it takes two consecutive wins in Advanced Consumer to be bumped to Advanced Pro.

"• He or she has won the USACI World Finals 2 times in a row as a Advanced Consumer and been reclassified to “Advanced Pro” by USACI"

On down a bit...it says:

Additionally, any competitor that wins 1st place at the USACI World Finals two times will be required to move up to the next higher division before starting the next competition season. There will be no grandfather for this clause and it will apply to all previous years world champions.

It also says:

• He or she has won the USACI World Finals 2 times in a row as a Advanced Pro and been reclassified to Advanced Expert by USACI.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:53 am

wow i see the expert class really growing,,,, and to think they were going to get rid of it.... looks like if rules are inforced properly then the classes would be more fair and more evenly stacked.....

Modified is modified, regardless if a persone thinks its stronger or not.... if someone relocates their seat tracks or brackets,, who is to say if the metal they uased (all be it bigger thicker and stronger) was welded or attached properly..... IMO once the integrity has been changes regardles if the competitor thinks its stronger or not,,,then it is modified and the rules should apply...
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:55 am

does USACI have an ongoing list of who has won what and do they keep track and move competitors up when they need to? or is this a honor system kind of thing? or does a competitor have to be protested? and if so what is the procedure for protesting someone?

WOW!
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
Above Average Contributor
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:07 am

Champion wrote:
does USACI have an ongoing list of who has won what and do they keep track and move competitors up when they need to? or is this a honor system kind of thing? or does a competitor have to be protested? and if so what is the procedure for protesting someone?

WOW!

its more like selective prosecution ...lol
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:08 am

I want to be the guy with the gun, or I mean rulebook in my hand!
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:32 am

If yall read on in the rules it also says that if a competitor is out of competition for 2 years or more that he or she may be reclassified when returning ....according to that rule I can now run advanced consumer (not that im going to)lol

most of these rules haven't been looked over by usaci in a while.......that is mainly because the members meeting doesn't exist anymore

once the number of sq competitors gets strong again the meeting will be 100% necessary to discuss issues like this
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:51 am

Yup...you guys are hitting the nail on the head. I THINK...I don't know...that a competitor would have to be protested to move up. Mickey...I thought it was 3 years? Maybe it is 2...I don't have time to look...but either way, you are 100% correct...just have to have R&E's blessing.
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:22 am

Moving a seat from factory mounting points -> Expert? Should we list off how many cars in Intermediate or Advanced have done this?? Our VW is one of the few that hasn't (damn VW and crazy seat mounting...).

Ahh..yes... and the win it twice and move up rule...

Jan won 2 yrs in Intermediate Consumer, so she moved to Advanced. But she started working in the carPC industry and she decided to move to Advanced Pro just to be fair. She no longer works in that industry now.

Now 2 years of winning Advanced Pro means she has to move up to Expert according to the rules. That's why this year I will be running the car and we are moving back to Intermediate Consumer. Maybe I'll show that class that you don't have to have a rebuilt-dash trailer queen to win an Intermediate class... Smile

Where's that big spoon at??? Seems like some mighty good pot stirring going on now....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:45 pm

yes their is..... i have the spoon.....
Back to top Go down
foosman 100
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
foosman 100

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:24 am

Not withstanding the pot stirring, what I am EXCITED about is it seems like some of the true legends in our sport are taking an interest again and I'm hearing rumblings about some new cars coming out. We need to get SQ back to its former glory.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:22 pm

very true.
Back to top Go down
team nutz dennis

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:14 pm

with world finals being both db drag and usaci and me personally wanting to do both. Would anyone know what class i am in 2 18's 8 amps 32 16 v batteries and no front seats? the amps i will be using are 1000 watts as per the 4 ohm rating
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Gary, I will be traveling back from KC on Sunday...would you like to meet up and discuss the concept that I have. I think I can get Pate to join us. Say Hooters or that sushi house you like so much?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:29 pm

I am doing a training in OMAHA on Saturday, I plan on driving home that night... so I should be fine for Sunday. Give me a call..
Back to top Go down
Mark Eldridge
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Eldridge

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Does your concept involve a box??? Gary and Chris like boxes...
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:45 pm

I have a gold plated box, with spoon holder....
It is very strong and will not break, unlike the last one..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: single seat vehicle?   single seat vehicle? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

single seat vehicle?
Page 1 of 1