Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
What freq to start testing at? Vote_lcapWhat freq to start testing at? Voting_barWhat freq to start testing at? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
What freq to start testing at? Vote_lcapWhat freq to start testing at? Voting_barWhat freq to start testing at? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
drive 2010 finals disc pics louisiana silence Audiopipe 80inches kyle record broken stereo songs build contest records chef globe world crank dollar crzyblondgrl state quad Johncarr
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

What freq to start testing at?

Go down 
+8
slumpinhonda
DMAN
scionsoloxb
mschwitz
sanman
Skip01
Navi
bjfails
12 posters
AuthorMessage
bjfails
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
bjfails

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-19

What freq to start testing at? Empty
PostSubject: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:24 am

When you build a new set-up, what Freq are most of you starting at to find the peak SPL in your vehicle?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardkoreaudio.com
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:23 am

gonna have to many factors to just put out a number, vehicle, enclosure, etc.
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:48 am

I start at 44ish, thats where my truck almost 90% of the time peaks at unless its tuned wayyy higher or something.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:48 pm

track 19 is a sweep hit it at about volume 5 then look at the termlab to see where it peaks at and walla nomore guessing you now know your freaqency to go all out at
Back to top Go down
bjfails
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
bjfails

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:50 pm

sanman wrote:
track 19 is a sweep hit it at about volume 5 then look at the termlab to see where it peaks at and walla nomore guessing you now know your freaqency to go all out at

Not peak freq of system, when you build a new box you always have a starting point freq. Then you start trimming ports 1/2in or 1in at a time and check for SPL increase. Once you hit peak SPL then start dropping off you found the Peak tunning freq of vehicle with that enclosure. I was just wondering where most start tuning at?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardkoreaudio.com
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Most will do it the right way and find their vehicle tuning first and then work to get the box to peak with the car.
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:40 pm

mschwitz wrote:
Most will do it the right way and find their vehicle tuning first and then work to get the box to peak with the car.
Xloud!
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Put a sealed box in your car than meter from 35 to 60hz, which ever is loudest score that's about ur cars res freq. And a good starting point.
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Skip01 wrote:
Put a sealed box in your car than meter from 35 to 60hz, which ever is loudest score that's about ur cars res freq. And a good starting point.
good tip. i used a 10" sub in a tiny sealed box when i use to do that.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:06 pm

lol most already know the tuning freaquency of there cars, and thats why they use a sweep to see how close the box they just built is. I guess if you dont know then you havent done alot of research as of yet to see what your vehicles resonant freaquency is.
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:52 pm

See I used to use the low volume sweep, but my peak at full power is normally 5 -7 notes one direction different.
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Navi wrote:
See I used to use the low volume sweep, but my peak at full power is normally 5 -7 notes one direction different.

x2
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:09 pm

i tuned my box to 39 hz, i dunno why
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:10 pm

im not lying, the box really is tuned to 39 lol
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:10 pm

Navi wrote:

Yehh...same with my

Maybe not 5-7, but its def. diff
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:32 pm

I dunno after rereding it if sanman is saying it givez you a good starting point to go from I agree. was kinda tired when I read it first time.
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:44 pm

i dont tune it i just know where my ports need to be becuz thats where they need to be to be the loudest
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:57 pm

hmm maybe thats why my Dung Pile is always loud at low volume and at high volume it doesnt change at all
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:09 pm

eh cut, test.cut, test. cut, test.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Navi wrote:
yep sir... i dont kow of hardly any car thats liked the same note on a full rip.. besides maybe somthing small with a single 12 or somthing
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:03 pm

you guys are both reffering to testing in vans also
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Power Compression"
Back to top Go down
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:30 pm

I see a lot of answers that are single car specific. The guy needs a broad spectrum of understanding. The best answer seemed to the sweep on track 19. But, the peak fz can change a little.
The person testing needs to watch for clipping. Either with an O-scope or by paying attention to when the system stops getting louder. You don't nessicarily want to find your note at full blown clipped volume. Maybe one or two clicks below max.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:18 pm

sanman wrote:
you guys are both reffering to testing in vans also
ive worked with much more than just vans. your car flexs and air moves much different full tilt. And your enclosure also works different with more power etc. you should test it loud, not full tilt but at a decent volume
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What freq to start testing at?   What freq to start testing at? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What freq to start testing at?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: